Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-12-14-USWA-Memphis TV] Eric Embry vs Tom Prichard

Loss

• 4 months later...

Another MSC clip. Tony Falk tries to interfere, but Pritchard attacks him. Eric Embry looks so weird with washed hair. The referee gets bumped at the 10-minute mark and then Pritchard gets the visual fall. Falk runs in with the Texan flag and tries to hit Pritchard, who ducks and Embry eats the shot instead. CJ finally runs in and throws a few weak kicks. Pritchard tries to put her in her place, but leaves her purse behind, which Embry uses to clock Pritchard from behind. The referee revives with Viviran in time to count Pritchard's shoulders to the mat, and Embry wins the Southern title.

• 1 month later...

CJ ain't no Madusa, that's for sure. They have a few good false finishes here before Embry uses CJ's loaded purse to regain the Southern title and save Tony Falk's hair. Between the tease last week and Falk's fuckup here I suspect he's not going to be employed as a driver for much longer.

• 1 year later...

Big night for the heels with two title changes. I hope Embry getting a hair cut was a payoff in some territory. Tony Falk doesnt do a lot for me and his interaction in this match was pretty awkward. Pritchard wailed the flag on Embry. CJ's interference is from the Miss Elizabeth vein.

• 1 year later...

I completely overlooked the stuff from the week before, so this is my first look at Embry with short hair and a valet. Based on what I saw here, it's definitely not an improvement. I've read ahead, so I know CJ's presence will be explained in one of the interviews I have to catch up with, but if she's going to interfere in matches, she has to look a little better than she did here. Memphis is famous for valets who can't do a thing physically, but this is going too far. Kevin had it right; it looked like she was trying to rub her feet on Dr. Tom's back. Soup, on the other hand, had it wrong; even Liz would interfere more advantageously than that. In fact, she already has; remember her taking her skirt off at SummerSlam '88?

Tony sure looked hapless here hitting Embry with the Texas flag, but what else can they do with him except have him take over for Eddie Marlin? He's done everything else in the USWA.

Too bad the Southern title won't do Embry a blessed bit of good as far as getting a shot at Lawler goes; he's moved on to his old pal Kamala, which is a shame because Kamala, even if he trades the title with Lawler once or twice, has no long-term future in Memphis, at least not like the one they've already pissed away with Embry (and Prichard, for that matter).

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-12-14-USWA-Memphis TV] Eric Embry vs Tom Prichard