Pro Wrestling Only

Recommendations for 20 Crockett TV matches to watch

JerryvonKramer

lol, haven't we talked enough about Rotunda / IRS already? I will say that Rotunda has a shot at my top workers list depending on how far down we go. He might make top 10 based on his string of very good matches in 89.

I'm drawn to Luger vs. Murdoch because 1) We have Murdoch vs. Nikita coming up, and it'll make for a good comparison point and 2) Me not seeing what the fuss is about re: Murdoch has been a talking point before on the show and 3) I'm a big Luger mark at the moment.

Can imagine Gilbert vs. Muta being a terrific showcase for Muta's offense.

(thanks Loss)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO IDEA if this is the good match or not, it's the only match-up between the two I could find courtesy of graham's site and other various listings:

10/30/89; Gainesville, GA; Georgia Mountains Center

POWER HOUR 11/10/89

NWA US Champion Lex Luger fought Dick Murdoch to a double disqualification at 17:51 after both men became physical with referee Nick Patrick; during the bout, it was noted Steve Williams would face Sid Vicious and Tommy Rich would challenge NWA TV Champion the Great Muta the next night as part of World Championship Wrestling, and NWA World Champion Ric Flair would appear; after the bout, Murdoch cleared Luger from the ring

Yes, 11/10 is the good match. If there's no Boston crab with Luger using his head against the turnbuckle as leverage, it's the wrong match. The 11/17 rematch had Luger getting a win after a belt shot and isn't very good at all.

JVK, this may be a match that just reinforces your opinions of both guys. I like this match a lot, but I think Luger outworks him in this one.