Pro Wrestling Only

Loser Leaves Town 2.0 - Help me pick the first show to post

Bix

I recently committed to going back info podcasting with new Loser Leaves Town shows. The goal is sort of a AOW/WTF/Mohr Stories style conversational interview posted weekly instead of the hodge podge of formats I used to do irregularly. I have a few shows on the can and would like to put one up Monday, but I'm unsure which to start with.

Right now I have these just about ready:

- TJ Perkins (I think about 80 minutes)

- Steve Corino (two parts, each about 60 minutes, I think I'll post them separately).

- Colt Cabana (about 65 minutes)

So far I'd say Corino is probably my favorite and in a vacuum I'd like to start there, but I feel a bit weird about starting with a two-parter. They've all been at least good, but I think the TJP interview gives a somewhat better idea of where I'm trying to go conceptually than the one I did with Cabana.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

I recently committed to going back info podcasting with new Loser Leaves Town shows. The goal is sort of a AOW/WTF/Mohr Stories style conversational interview posted weekly instead of the hodge podge of formats I used to do irregularly. I have a few shows on the can and would like to put one up Monday, but I'm unsure which to start with.

Right now I have these just about ready:

- TJ Perkins (I think about 80 minutes)

- Steve Corino (two parts, each about 60 minutes, I think I'll post them separately).

- Colt Cabana (about 65 minutes)

So far I'd say Corino is probably my favorite and in a vacuum I'd like to start there, but I feel a bit weird about starting with a two-parter. They've all been at least good, but I think the TJP interview gives a somewhat better idea of where I'm trying to go conceptually than the one I did with Cabana.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Start with your favorite and your gut instinct, Corino. Lots of season/series premier TV shows kick off with two-parters.

Colt Cabana second,

TJP last. In comment threads or wherever for the first two, you could elaborate on your concept ideas for future shows which would build us up for this one.

I can see why you are asking the question but I'd go with TJP first. Not sure TJP is under went a bit of a revival interest wise last year given some strong and varied matches in PWG. Colt is somewhat over exposed and Steve is something to kind of hype IMO. Perhaps you are thinking TJP is a soft launch but people who discover your podcast on episodes 2, 3 and so on will at least see you have prior shows and would be more willing to subscribe on iTunes or whatever for that reason. Also as you said it establishes the concept.

With that said I wouldn't over think it! :)

Yeah, like I say on the show (and even mention to Steve at the end of part 2), he's ridiculously enthusiastic and it's awesome, especially for a 40 year-old guy who, if he was bitter, would have a bunch of really good reasons for it.

As good as the first half is, the second half might be better: An offhand "Oh, how is the rib injury healing?" leads to a really in-depth discussion of big bumps/hardcore spots (including "the magic" behind the guardrail spot and why he got hurt this time), blading (how many times he's gigged will surprise you), and head injuries. We recorded the day after the news about the CTE test came out, so that gets discussed.

I haven't gone back and listened all the way to write the descriptions yet and can't quite remember, is the Fujiwara stuff in part 1?