Pro Wrestling Only

What if Sheiky Broke the Hollywood Blond Jabroni's Leg?

MikeCampbell

My dream 80s AWA angle is them turning Greg heel in frustration at Martel having the belt. They could put him with Adnan, have him feud with Brunzell, then Martel, then finally with his dad before coming back together in 85. Damn them and their conservatism.

My dream 80s AWA angle is them turning Greg heel in frustration at Martel having the belt. They could put him with Adnan, have him feud with Brunzell, then Martel, then finally with his dad before coming back together in 85. Damn them and their conservatism.

Yeah, Greg going off about the AWA Title being the Gagne Title and it's his birth right to have it would be pretty funny.

John

Was the only reason Sheik was chosen as the transitional champ in the first place because Backlund only wanted to drop the title to someone with a legit background? Is there any truth to that?

I have no idea of the veracity of this but I love Sheiky's phrasing when responding to this question once. He concurred that this was true and threw in there that any reluctance from Backlund wouldn't have mattered because "even he don't want, Iron Sheik beat him anyway".