Pro Wrestling Only

Reid Flair dead at 24

Bix

Guest Nell Santucci

The point remains that even though I don't know your mom, if I know she exists she deserves a certain level of compassion and sympathy that goes beyond your workrate.

That is fine, and I would appreciate that notion if it happens, but regardless, there are some who do not carry as much empathy, and I do not see a reason to attack that part of them. But I will leave it at that, I did not intend to take this thread in a different direction. I was just trying to stick up for Nell.

It's no big deal. Reid deserves sympathy. Heroin addiction is a horrible way to go. That's why I posted that documentary and the recidivism rate. It's not an easy thing to kick. I just think it's unfortunate that some lack that necessary social support to kick destructive vices, especially when it's obvious his father was putting in some effort to do that by getting him involved in the wrestling business. Often, a major source of the problem drug abusers have is social, namely that there is this feeling that they can keep their old friends while recovering, and it just never works out that way. Alas, that assumes he died from heroin.

For the record, I wasn't blaming Ric Flair. I have no clue what he was like as a father, but he has a history of being involved with his son, which is more than I can say about many other dads despite his busy schedule. We all make our own choices, for better or for worse.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't insist that anyone feel deep emotion about Reid Flair's passing. And I don't think it was "lashing out" to suggest that the amateur background comment seemed a little out of proportion with the sudden death of a 25-year-old. That said, Neil's follow-up comments have been perfectly reasonable, and I have no desire to fight about it.

Does she bake good cookies though?

My mother? She is a horrible woman whose only good deeds involved pushing me to be the best person I could be so I could fly the coop as early as possible. But that is neither here or there. <_>

And no, her culinary skills resembles Patricia Heaton's character's on Everybody Loves Raymond.

The 911 call is public information that fills in details on the death of a person who's of interest to readers/viewers. We can try to pretend we live in a world where it's possible for good taste (a relative concept anyway) to trump that desire to know. But we don't live in that world.