Pro Wrestling Only

The People Who Are Going to WrestleMania 29 Thread

Bix

I know at least a couple people are going...who should I expect to see and what shows are you planning on hitting?

For me:

Thursday:

PWS in Metuchen

Friday:

Axxess

Saturday:

Shimmer

WrestleCon Expo

HOF

Maybe the HOF after party? Maybe THE ROOM? Maybe nothing?

Sunday:

Outside chance of hitting up Axxess since my press pass will be good all weekend

WM

Monday:

Raw

I'll be getting in later Friday night. I have to work the Wrestlecon Expo Sarturday and Sunday w/ Blue Meanie (BIX, stop by the Barbed wire City table and say hi.) So I'll miss all the shows except Mania itself, but hopefully when I'm off with friends Saturday night I'll be able to do something social andd see people.

Thursday:

PWS in Metuchen. Sadly, seeing Rock 'n' Roll vs the Briscoes will likely be the highlight of my weekend...but man, what a highlight that ought to be.

Friday:

Axxess. I don't have high hopes based on having gone to Axxess 11 years ago in Toronto, but supposedly it's better now. We will see. It has to be better than going to CZW, and I can't imagine wanting to go to a second night of PWS after 4-5 hours the previous night, and since Shane Douglas priced himself out of the market, Extreme Reunion is no longer an option (not that it ever really was an option...c'mon Shane, $50 General Admission running 30 miles from MetLife is just bad business).

Saturday:

WrestleCon

Shimmer

Probably Chikara but subject to change

Hall of Fame if ticket prices on Stubhub drop another $20 or so...if not, probably Axxess again since I know a guy who knows a guy who can comp me into the Saturday night schedule

MAYBE $5 Wrestling if I don't hate wrestling and wrestling fans after spending 12 hours around it/them

Sunday:

Wrestlemania if ticket prices on Stubhub drop...if not, i'll order the PPV, but I'd like to go since I live within 30 miles of MetLife. I'm hoping some tickets open up the Friday before the show after they figure out the stage configuration.

Should be an interesting weekend if nothing else. Plenty of good wrestling to see.

I will be at Wrestlemania for the second year in a row, just cant get enough of Rock/Cena. :) Actually, I am from New England, so logistically this will probably be the easiest one for me to make for quite some time. Last year's was a graduation present and I figured with it New York City. I couldnt pass up the opportunity again as I really enjoyed going with my brother. I will be also at the Hall of Fame to see Bob Backlund inducted. jdw, are you doing the induction? :D

I may be alone in this, but I am actually looking forward to this one moreso than last year. I think HHH/Brock was one of the most under-rated matches of the last year. Punk/Taker is a real wild card, but looking beyond the distasteful build; I appreciate this feud for the level of heat compared to the last 4 years of lovesfests between the Kliq and Taker. If they give the Mark Henry and Shield matches time, this could be the best Wrestlemania undercard in a long time. I have no hopes for Rock/Cena.

Thursday - PWS show

Friday - Evolve and CZW. Maybe go to NYC beforehand to look around the area. Don't have any plans before Evolve

Saturday - Hall of Fame, probably half of Chikara show because I want to get to HOF early, $5 wrestling

Sunday - Dragon Gate & Wrestlemania

Hopefully I see some other stuff around the area but to honest except for NYC I don't see much sightseeing. I want to see the convention part of Wrestlecon but every time I go to one it turns into one huge Highspots booth and is boring after a half hour.

I'm only doing Mania. How bad is the traffic going to be getting into the event? I live in northeast PA, about 90 minutes from Metlife. Should I budget an hour for sitting in traffic waiting to get into the parking lot? I've never been to a stadium, I don't know. And then the standing in line to get into the building. How long is THAT gonna be?