Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 29 Thoughts

goodhelmet

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miz vs. Barrett (IC Title)

Decent match. I thought the finish was pretty cool.

Shield vs. Baby Faces

Really good match that I wish had better crowd heat. I hope the crowd gets better tonight. Sheamus was a great asskicker. Show's FIP was really good and he was bumping machine. Ambrose was a great pitbull as usual. Show's spear ruled and Rollins dive was lunacy. The finish was good too. Strong way to start but the crowd needs to pick it up a bit.

I wouldn't call it awesome, but it was definitely a good match, with some really great individual spots. I thought this was the best Ambrose has looked as an individual in any of these matches and I liked Reigns/Sheamus stiffing each other in the first portion. Rollins dive was nuts. Show turn just felt stupid - he's still technically a heel, what was the point of it going down that way?

Boring opener I thought. The Show turn had no impact either, another to add to his umpteenth face/heel switches.

And why the fuck are we watching a Rock/Cena video now? Loads of in ring time is going to be cut for stuff like this, plus a load of adverts and an overlong 'comedy' segment, don't know why they do it.

Stadium looks cool though, even if the crowd noise is probably disappearing upwards through the open roof. Still, football matches manage to retain a loud atmosphere despite an open roof, so no excuse really.

Opener was good though not as good as the last Shield PPV match. Didn't think the Show thing was a turn as much as playing out the theme that they couldn't work as a team. I'm not sure the crowd noise is going to come across well at any point in the show.

Mark Henry vs. Ryback

- I don't think Ryback is the right guy for Mark Henry to play the slow, methodical work the ribs game but the finish was legitimately great. Ryback shouldn't have been able to hit the Shell-Shcok after the finish of the match but I guess he needed his heat back. I was surprised they gave Henry the win though.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

I loved Mark in this. The opening moments ruled with Mark taking Ryback down off the ropes. I questioned the bear hug stuff and I was right because the crowd got bored. However, the finishing sequence ruled with the meat hook, shell shock attempt, then collapse for the Henry win. The post-match was fine I guess. I'm just happy Mark got a big Mania win.

I liked Henry v. Ryback, though bearhug as base isn't a good idea and they should have learned that from Rock v. Cena last year. Not a great match, but I didn't expect it to be. Still solid hoss v. hoss match, with a couple of really cool big spots and a good finish. Post-match seemed pointless yet again

Man, Mark Henry is awesome. "That's what I do!" after dumping Ryback to the outside was great. The finish was great but the post-match stuff seemed dumb to me. As said, seemed like Ryback shouldn't have been able to hit his finish but hey, whatever, the finishing stretch was fun.

The Shellshock after the match was stupid. If you want that to be the moment, make it the moment. I liked the original finish fine. The bearhug stuff was a bad idea in that setting. A lot of the fans probably weren't predisposed to like the match, so stick to the high-impact stuff. Henry's power offense always looks great.

Team Hell No vs. Team Ziggler

Why the fuck was this not the opener? The crowd was really, really into this. It was worked like an opener and everything. Anyways, this was a lot of fun and I loved the callback at the start. Big E. looked okay too.

Team Hell No vs. Ziggler & Langston

- Really great opening sequence with Bryan trying to catch Ziggler off guard. Really energetic but sloppy tag that the crowd was into the entire way. Man, I think at this point, Ziggler is probably going to cash in on Del Rio but I Think he should be the first guy to cash in and not actually win the belt. I don't think he is World Title material at all.