Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 29 Thoughts

goodhelmet

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tag Title match was fun. Opening spot was really great and I was more impressed with Big E than I expected. Basically a sprint, but that's not really a surprise. Easily the match the crowd has been most invested in so far which I think was predictable. Pretty funny that smark darling Ziggler was clearly the fourth best guy in the match

Way to go, job Jericho out to a character that will be dead in three months when they send him back to developmental to be repackaged. I imagine he is used to it by now, but still. Match itself was alright, but hard to get invested in such an underwhelming character as Fandango. I'm amazed people like the gimmick.

Fandango vs. Jericho

Very good match. Jericho looked good again tonight and I liked him beating Fandango's ass for a few minutes and Fandango finding opportunities to take control. The kick-out from the leg drop was great. The finish was fine too. Good stuff.

Fandango v. Jericho was wrestled like a Nitro cruiser match from 1998, including the semi-botched, but reasonably well recovered finish. Jericho doing workrate spots out the ass on his return has been highly amusing, but it actually works on some level. I like Fandango and suspect he is going to be a consistently good worker going forward.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

- Jericho was working for two as he kept hitting highspot after highspot to keep the crowd into it. With the exception of the counter kick that gave Fandango a break early on, his offense does not look good at all. Jericho tried his best ot cover for the botched finish. Kudos to JEricho but I don't care if I ever see Johnny Curtis wrestle again. This is the point you wish Cesaro was on the show.

Way to go, job Jericho out to a character that will be dead in three months when they send him back to developmental to be repackaged. I imagine he is used to it by now, but still. Match itself was alright, but hard to get invested in such an underwhelming character as Fandango. I'm amazed people like the gimmick.

I'm amazed people want to see guys like Jericho going over clean on talented young talent in 2013

it's fun to see Jericho kicking out the babyface offense. I thought the beginning was real rough. That bugged me more than the finish. They just didn't seem to be syncing early on. They're definitely getting the most out of their match times on this show.

- Jericho was working for two as he kept hitting highspot after highspot to keep the crowd into it. With the exception of the counter kick that gave Fandango a break early on, his offense does not look good at all. Jericho tried his best ot cover for the botched finish. Kudos to JEricho but I don't care if I ever see Johnny Curtis wrestle again. This is the point you wish Cesaro was on the show.

I thought story of the match was that Jericho was spot running guy and Fandango was just trying to survive. Had no problem with any of his offense, though this is not a match I would point to as great offensive showcase on either end

I'm amazed people want to see guys like Jericho going over clean on talented young talent in 2013

Jericho is still a name, and still extremely over. Beating him should mean something, but it doesn't because he is consistently jobbed out to whichever flavour of the month they are pushing. Even if Fandango lasts (and I severely doubt he will in that gimmick), he will be jobbing left right and center himself by the summer as the 'punishment' to getting over. Have to 'test' the new talent, right? Don't want another Lesnar or Batista! All of it means that anyone beating anyone has next to no impact unless it is Cena or Rock jobbing.

Maybe have Fandango win clean if it is going to mean something in the future, but it likely isn't. Jericho will still be around in a year, Fandango probably won't. WWE should protect their veterans more. Jericho is just prime bait to lose to a new guy because he stays over whatever.

Didn't much care for Jericho-Fandango. The spot where Fandango kicked Jericho mid springboard looked good as did the Alabama Jam. Otherwise, they were off on a lot of stuff. In retrospect, it seems odd that they bothered to pay Jericho for this particular mini-run.

I thought story of the match was that Jericho was spot running guy and Fandango was just trying to survive. Had no problem with any of his offense, though this is not a match I would point to as great offensive showcase on either end

I thought he looked fine as guy getting his ass kicked. I thought he looked lost on offense. He had no idea what he wanted to do when he was actually in control, including the awkward corner splash. If he works all of his amtches as guy who gets his ass kicked, kicks guy from the apron and lands leg drop, I can deal with that.