Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair's best feuds

JazeUSA

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Wahoo McDaniel. The same way Garvin brought out the violent side of Ric so did Wahoo.

very true indeed, it's funny you mention Wahoo, yesterday marked the anniversary of his passing.... he was a stiff man that put on many hard hitting matches w/ Ric & a slew of others, my Dad used to drink beer w/ Wahoo after the matches at the Dorton Arena in Raleigh, NC every Tuesday night, I've heard a TON of Wahoo stories

The Von Erich matches were suggested. From my perspective, Ric was too much the Von Erich's bitches for me (and given that it was Ric flair, that's saying something) to call it one of his best feuds.

The Steamboat matches feud 89 is tops for me. The Funk feud would be second. I'm having a hard time picking number three as there are several feuds that have something about them that stick out...Garvin and Lex are probably the frontrunners.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Wahoo McDaniel. The same way Garvin brought out the violent side of Ric so did Wahoo.

Very true indeed, it's funny you mention Wahoo, yesterday marked the anniversary of his passing.... he was a stiff man that put on many hard hitting matches w/ Ric & a slew of others, my dad used to drink beer w/ Wahoo after the matches at the Dorton Arena in Raleigh, NC every Tuesday night. I've heard a TON of Wahoo stories

Yesterday was his birthday. He died in April 2002.

Flair didn't really have any great feuds in WWE, but the whole Flair-HHH-Evolution deal was entertaining. He had a few great matches in that timeframe

His first program with Taker was great. The Foley program, looking back on it now, was horrible in just about every way, but at the time I thought it was ok. Not sure what's sadder, that WWE put them in the ring and let them do that in their condition, or that TNA did it again a few years later

In reality, the Savage feud is probably Flair's most underrated. In some ways, it was like six feuds in one:

1- Flair claims to have had Elizabeth before Savage (February to April 1992)

2- Flair enacts "Plan B" playing minds games to eventually regain his championship (April to September 1992)

3- Flair beats up Angelo Poffo and Savage seeks revenge (May to July 1995)

4- Following the reformation of the Horsemen, a focused Flair re-enters the championship picture at Elizabeth's expense (December 1995 to January 1996)

5- Flair has Savage's women turn on him and proceeds to spend Savage's spousal support payments (February 1996 to June 1996)

6- Savage referees a four-way match and is responsible for Flair losing the title. Their respective entourage (particularly Gorgeous George and Charles Robinson) become primary figures in this less than impressive feud (April to June 1999)

Outside of the sixth incident, any single one of these would be enough to be the catalyst to a great feud.

Flair didn't really have any great feuds in WWE, but the whole Flair-HHH-Evolution deal was entertaining. He had a few great matches in that timeframe

His first program with Taker was great. The Foley program, looking back on it now, was horrible in just about every way, but at the time I thought it was ok. Not sure what's sadder, that WWE put them in the ring and let them do that in their condition, or that TNA did it again a few years later

I still love that feud. When Flair was sticking the barbwire in Foley's eye and saying to Melina "I kill you too, you f'ing bitch!" was priceless.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyakky_ri...rt#.Ucr7LzS1GR4

I still love that feud. When Flair was sticking the barbwire in Foley's eye and saying to Melina "I kill you too, you f'ing bitch!" was priceless.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyakky_ri...rt#.Ucr7LzS1GR4

LMAO! I remember that, yes it was great! I remember thinking he really hates Foley..

In reality, the Savage feud is probably Flair's most underrated. In some ways, it was like six feuds in one:

1- Flair claims to have had Elizabeth before Savage (February to April 1992)

2- Flair enacts "Plan B" playing minds games to eventually regain his championship (April to September 1992)

3- Flair beats up Angelo Poffo and Savage seeks revenge (May to July 1995)

4- Following the reformation of the Horsemen, a focused Flair re-enters the championship picture at Elizabeth's expense (December 1995 to January 1996)

5- Flair has Savage's women turn on him and proceeds to spend Savage's spousal support payments (February 1996 to June 1996)

6- Savage referees a four-way match and is responsible for Flair losing the title. Their respective entourage (particularly Gorgeous George and Charles Robinson) become primary figures in this less than impressive feud (April to June 1999)

Outside of the sixth incident, any single one of these would be enough to be the catalyst to a great feud.

I dug up this comp I purchased from someone a long time ago & started watching it Thursday & really did under estimate this feud, this was a great feud w/ some awesome matches, Im on disc 5 now.

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 1)

1) Randy Savage / Ric Flair music video

2) WrestleMania VIII Report - Hulk Hogan / Undertaker / Roddy Piper / Randy Savage / Sid Justice i/v (Superstars 25/1/92)

3) WrestleMania VIII Press Conference (Superstars 1/2/92)

4) WWF Update - WrestleMania Main Event has changed to Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Superstars 15/2/92)

5) WrestleMania Report - Ric Flair & Mr Perfect / Macho Man i/v (Superstars 15/2/92)

6) WrestleMania Report - Macho Man i/v (Superstars 29/2/92)

7) Ric Flair i/v (Flair reveals photos of Elizabeth and Flair) (Superstars 7/3/92)

8) WWF Update - Vince McMahon i/vs Ric Flair (Superstars 14/3/92)

9) Mean Gene i/vs Macho Man Randy Savage (Superstars 14/3/92)

10) WWF Update - Ric Flair press conference re: Elizabeth photos (Superstars 28/3/92)

11) WWF Update - Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 28/3/92)

12) WWF Update - Recap of Elizabeth i/v (March to WrestleMania) (Superstars 4/4/92)

13) Ric Flair i/v (Announces he will reveal a centerfold of Miss Elizabeth at WrestleMania) (Superstars 4/4/92)

14) Ric talks about his match with Randy Savage (Ric Flair shoot, Highspots)

15) Ric Flair i/v (WrestleMania VIII)

16) Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (WWF Championship) (WrestleMania VIII)

17) Ric Flair / Randy Savage i/v (WrestleMania VIII)

18) Recap of Macho Man winning the WWF Title / Ric Flair & Mr Perfect i/v (Superstars 11/4/92)

Discs: 10 Quality: 9 Duration: 1 hr 30 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 2)

1) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 2/5/92)

2) Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 2/5/92)

3) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 9/5/92)

4) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 16/5/92)

5) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 23/5/92)

6) Ric Flair & Mr Perfect i/v (WWF Superstars 23/5/92)

7) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 30/5/92)

8) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (U.K Fan Favorites 93) (Ottawa, Canada, 2/6/92)

9) Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 13/6/92)

10) WWF Update - Recap of Savage i/v from last week / Ric Flair i/v (Superstars 20/6/92)

11) Event Center Update - Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels / Randy Savage & Bret Hart i/v (Superstars 27/6/92)

12) (Superstars 4/7/92)

13) Event Center Update - Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels i/v (Superstars 18/7/92)

14) Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart & Randy Savage (Worcester, MA, 20/7/92) (Macho Madness)

15) Ultimate Warrior & Macho Man i/v (Ric Flair & Mr Perfect involved) (Superstars 25/7/92)

16) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 1/8/92)

17) Event Center Boston Garden Update - Ric Flair / Randy Savage i/v (Superstars 8/8/92)

18) Macho Man & Mr Perfect i/v (Superstars 15/8/92)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 27 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 3)

1) Ric Flair i/v (SummerSlam 92)

2) Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior (WWF Championship) (SummerSlam 1992)

3) Ric Flair talks about the WWF Title change against Randy Savage (Highspots)

4) Ric Flair vs Macho Man Randy Savage (WWF Championship) (Hershey, PA, 1/9/92)

5) Clips of Ric Flair, Bobby Heenan & Mr Perfect celebrating winning the WWF Title (Superstars 12/9/92)

6) Randy Savage & Ultimate Warrior i/v (Superstars 19/9/92)

7) Ric Flair & Mr Perfect i/v (Superstars 26/9/92)

8) Announcement of Ultimate Warrior & Randy Savage vs Razor Ramon & Ric Flair Survivor Series main event (Superstars 10/10/92)

9) WWF Update - Warrior & Savage / Ric Flair & Razor Ramon i/v (Superstars 17/10/92)

10) Randy Savage & Ultimate Warrior i/v (Superstars 24/10/92)

11) Ric Flair & Razor Ramon i/v (Superstars 31/10/92)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 30 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 4)

1) Survivor Series Report - Full Card / Razor Ramon & Ric Flair / Randy Savage & Ultimate Warrior i/v (Superstars 14/11/92)

2) WWF Bulletin - Randy Savage replaces the Warrior with Mr Perfect for Survivor Series (Superstars 21/11/92)

3) Razor Ramon & Ric Flair i/v (Survivor Series 92)

4) Mr Perfect & Randy Savage i/v (Survivor Series 92)

5) Ric Flair & Razor Ramon vs Randy Savage & Mr Perfect (Survivor Series 1992)

6) Randy Savage enters WCW

7) Ric Flair i/v (SuperBrawl V)

8) Ric Flair attacks Randy Savage (Uncensored 1995)

9) Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage demand Flair return to WCW (WCW Sat Night 25/3/95)

10) Voting on Flair's return to WCW (WCW Saturday Night 1/4/1995)

11) Ric Flair i/v (WCW Saturday Night 1/4/95)

12) WCW reinstates Ric Flair to active competition (WCW Saturday Night 15/4/1995)

13) Vader, Arn Anderson & Ric Flair i/v (WCW Saturday Night 15/4/95)

15) Slamboree promo - Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage (WCW Saturday Night 13/5/95)

16) Slamboree promo - Vader & Ric Flair (WCW Saturday Night 20/5/95)

17) Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage i/v (Slamboree 1995)

18) Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Vader i/v (Slamboree 1995)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 50 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 5)

1) Mega Powers i/v (World Wide 21/5/95)

2) Vader & Ric Flair i/v (World Wide 21/5/95)

3) Vader & Ric Flair vs Los Dos Amigos (Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage under masks) (21/5/95)

4) Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs Vader & Ric Flair (Slamboree 1995)

5) Great American Bash promo - Ric Flair i/v (WCW Saturday Night 27/5/95)

6) Randy Savage i/v (Saturday Night 27/5/95)

7) Ric Flair vs Alex Wright (Saturday Night 27/5/95)

8) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (WCW Saturday Night 3/6/1995)

9) Great American Bash promo - Randy Savage i/v (Saturday Night 10/6/95)

10) Ric Flair vs Alex Wright (Savage runs in) (Saturday Night 10/6/95)

11) Great American Bash promo - Randy Savage i/v (Saturday Night 17/6/95)

12) Ric Flair i/v (WCW GAB 1995)

13) Randy Savage i/v (WCW GAB 95)

14) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Great American Bash 1995)

********************************************************************************

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 35 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 6)

1) Randy Savage i/v (WCW Saturday Night 15/7/1995)

2) Feature on Randy Savage & Ric Flair feud (WCW Saturday Night 15/7/1995)

3) Ric Flair i/v (Saturday Night 15/7/1995)

5) Ric Flair i/v (Bash at the Beach 1995)

4) Macho Man i/v (Bash at the Beach 95)

6) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Bash at the Beach 1995)

7) Ric Flair & Randy Savage i/v (WCW World Wide 8/10/1995)

8) Ric Flair i/v (Nitro 25/12/1995)

9) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (WCW Championship) (WCW Nitro 25/12/95)

10) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (WCW Championship) (Starrcade 1995)

11) Macho Man & Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson (WCW Nitro 8/1/1996)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 2 hrs 3 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 7)

1) Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage i/v (WCW SN 13/1/96)

2) Ric Flair & The Giant i/v (WCW Saturday Night 13/1/1996)

3) Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Saturday Night 13/1/96)

4) Ric Flair & Randy Savage i/v (Saturday Night 20/1/96)

5) Ric Flair vs Macho Man Randy Savage (WCW Nitro 22/1/96)

6) Ric Flair & The Giant i/v (Clash 32)

7) Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage i/v (Clash 32)

8) The Giant & Ric Flair vs Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan (Clash of the Champions #32)

9) Randy Savage vs The Giant (Flair runs in) (WCW Nitro 29/1/1996)

10) Ric Flair i/v (WCW Saturday Night 3/2/1996)

11) Ric Flair & Women i/v (WCW SN 10/2/96)

12) Randy Savage & Elizabeth (Saturday Night 10/2/96)

13) Randy Savage vs Chris Benoit (Four Horsemen attack Savage) (Saturday Night 10/2/96)

14) Ric Flair i/v (SuperBrawl VI)

15) Macho Man i/v (SuperBrawl VI)

16) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Cage match) (WCW Championship) (SuperBrawl 1996)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 27 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 8)

1) Ric Flair i/v (Nitro 12/2/96)

2) Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Nitro 19/2/96)

3) Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage & Booty Man vs Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Taskmaster (Nitro 26/2/96)

4) Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Kevin Sullivan, Elizabeth, Woman i/v (Saturday Night 2/3/96)

5) Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage & Booty Man i/v (Saturday Night 2/3/96)

6) Elizabeth i/v (WCW SN 2/3/96)

7) Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Taskmaster vs Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage & Booty Man (Lumberjack match) (Nitro 11/3/96)

8) Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair & Taskmaster (Nitro 18/3/96)

9) Ric Flair i/v (Saturday Night 23/3/96)

10) Feature on Doomsday Cage match at Uncensored

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 1 hr 19 mins

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 9)

1) Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs Meng, Barbarian, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Ultimate Solution & Z Gangster (Doomsday Cage match) (Uncensored 1996)

2) Feature on Macho Man (WCW SN 13/4/96)

3) Ric Flair vs Jim Duggan (Savage runs in) (WCW Saturday 20/4/1996)

4) Ric Flair & Randy Savage vs Arn Anderson & Eddie Guerrero (Lethal Lottery Round 1) (Slamboree 1996)

5) Randy Savage & Ric Flair vs Public Enemy (Lethal Lottery Round 2) Slamboree 1996)

6) Macho Man Randy Savage i/v (WCW Nitro 20/5/96)

7) Randy Savage i/v (WCW Nitro 17/6/1996)

8) Ric Flair i/v (WCW Nitro 17/6/96)

9) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Nitro 17/6/96)

Discs: 10 Quality: 10 Duration: 2 hrs

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Disc 10)

1) Ric Flair vs Macho Man Randy Savage (Bruno Sammartino referee) (Hartford, CT, 28/6/1996) (Hand Held Camera)

2) Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (New Japan Pro Wrestling, 16/7/96)

3) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (Nitro 12/8/96)

4) Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ric Flair (Nitro 27/10/97)

5) Ric Flair vs Eric Bischoff (Randy Savage involved) (Control of WCW match) (WCW Nitro 28/12/98)

6) Ric Flair & Charles Robinson / Randy Savage & Gorgeous George i/v (Sting involved) (WCW Nitro 12/4/99)

7) Randy Savage & Ric Flair i/v (WCW Nitro 3/5/1999)

8) Gorgeous George vs Charles Robinson (Slamboree 1999)

9) Ric Flair & Charles Robinson vs Randy Savage & Madusa (Nitro 17/5/99)

Discs: 5 Quality: 10 Duration: 56 mins

Funk, Steamboat, Savage.

The more I watch the GAB '89 match, the more I might think it's Funk's best match ever and I'd put it right there with the Steamboat matches for Flair. Completely different styles, but Flair was an absolute machine in that feud with Funk. The Savage feud was incredible for its intensity and it was obvious that both Flair and Savage wanted to do something special. Might be the most personal WWF/E feud ever.

Underrated feud for Flair would be his Mid Atlantic one with Jimmy Snuka in 79-80

I've never saw any of those matches, maybe I'll search out & try to seek a couple of them sometime soon

The few matches that I have of them are raw footage. There is also a cool tv angle where Snuka puts on Flair's robe