Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-03-15-ECW-TV] The Gangstas, The Dudleys, Ian Rotten, The Eliminators and Lance Storm

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

The Gangstas show up and start throwing plunder everywhere, including a toaster, a game console and what I think is an ice pack. Bubba Ray hits New Jack in the groin with a word processor.

A bloodied Ian Rotten calls the Dudleys the best tag team in the world, which brings The Eliminators out to protest.

Out of nowhere, Lance Storm jumps off the top rope onto the Dudleys. Would any of this make any sense if I saw what led to it, or is this all just pointless brawling with no real rhyme or reason? Why is Storm there?

Sign Guy Dudley tries to attack The Eliminators with a frying pan and eats a Total Elimination for his troubles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We see Lance Storm take a Dominator from Axl Rotten. Gangtas show up. One of the weakest guitar shots you will see from New Jack. But may not have been gimmicked. Nintendo gets used. Sell that on Ebay. The guitar gets tied up to Bubba’s foot. Eliminators join up after Rotten got on mic and made claims about Dudley’s being best tag team today. Lance Storm is back up! He climbs to the top rope... and.... just waits there for the Dudley’s to turn around. That looked so funny. He's a running joke for me on these year books right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, call me crazy, because I kind of liked this segment. Storm was there because he'd beaten Rotten and was eating a triple-team by Rotten and the Dudleys. The Gangstas save because they have an issue with the Dudleys. Usual Gangstas weapon shots, including Bubba Ray finding a new use for a word processor that I don't think Alexandra York's computer programs accounted for. Axl praises the Dudleys for their help and calls them the "best tag team in the world," a phrase that had been beaten to death on ECW TV in describing the Eliminators. I liked how the crowd immediately reacted to that phrase, knowing what was to come. The Eliminators run off the Dudleys with some slick double-teams, and Sign Guy eats Total Elimination. I don't know what the problem is--this segment was designed to set up Eliminators vs. Dudleys, and it did that very effectively.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-03-15-ECW-TV] The Gangstas, The Dudleys, Ian Rotten, The Eliminators and Lance Storm