Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-15-WCW-Nitro] Interview: NWO

Loss

• 1 month later...

It's weird that there are so many NWO fans in Charlotte. Bischoff introduces the NWO and Hogan holds up a "Hey McMahon … Bite Me" sign on his way to the ring. Funny. Curt Hennig is the guest of honor. He comes out to Ric Flair's music and wears his robe. This is basically just 10 minutes of the NWO standing around and burying Flair, capped off with Hennig presenting Hogan with Flair's robe. Hogan says the day has been perfect, and I'm sure the WWF tried to fine them for that. Hogan says when Piper was the head of the WWF, he never told them what to do. That is true, but Hogan was not even in the WWF at this point of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Hogan says the day has been perfect, and I'm sure the WWF tried to fine them for that. Hogan says when Piper was the head of the WWF, he never told them what to do. That is true, but Hogan was not even in the WWF at this point of course.

That is golden as in Sterling Golden Boulder! Think I just got sued too.

Might want to bring a shovel to the ring to bury Flair and Horsemen while your at it NWO. Sad to see Hennig kissing up to Hogan and giving him Flair’s robe. Hogan has had nothing to do with Flair over the past year but still getting his shots in at him. So we have the Outsiders Edge, the NWO Drop and now the Crucifix according to Hogan.

• 5 months later...

NWO welcomes "Kurt" Hennig made me mark out.

Big heat for Curt here in Charlotte and this is a good goad session for the NWO. I feel like I may be the only one but I have enjoyed the set up to this a lot. The Horseman needed to get revenge really soon though.

• 5 months later...

Went way too long and went nowhere. The Piper issue is just dead, and it really hurts the momentum of the ongoing Sting vs Hogan storyline. The Flair burying goes too far here. Savage vs DDP is cool with me as I love those two working together, but it felt like a rehash more than a hot feud now. You can feel the stalling on top.

The nWo really was going out of hand at this point, on the same show the Outsiders pinned Wrath & Mortis clean despite having nothing to win there.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-09-15-WCW-Nitro] Interview: NWO