Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-22-WCW-Nitro] Disco Inferno vs Alex Wright

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. Crowd is surprisingly hot for this when Disco crotches Wright, but Disco isn't a good enough worker to keep them engaged after that. Disco pins Wright after they both attempt a crossbody at the same time and wins the TV title.

Jacqueline comes out and wants a shot at the TV title! I didn't realize she was in the company this late. When did she jump?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Jacqueline comes out and wants a shot at the TV title! I didn't realize she was in the company this late. When did she jump?

Surprisingly, she didn't follow Jeff Jarrett. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Sadly, the nice reign of Alex Wright comes to an end, and Disco is not yet the worker he would be the following year. Plus they gave him the belt so he can feud with Jackie, who makes a shoot remark about knowing why Disco didn't show up for the last six months (apparently the wanted to job him to Jackie earlier that year and Disco refused and left). This was a terrible idea that did nothing but hurt the status of the TV belt, which had been immaculate for years. I dunno if that was a Terry Taylor idea or if Sullivan was getting burned out at this point.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-09-22-WCW-Nitro] Disco Inferno vs Alex Wright