Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-22-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan

Loss

• 1 month later...

Hogan is now cutting promos in a sleeveless Ric Flair robe and taking major shots at him in his interviews, which would be a really great way to build another Hogan vs Flair match if they had any plans at all of running the match again at this point. As it stands, it's just petty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hogan going after Flair is the biggest mistep in my mind following up Wargames as it now leads to Piper, Flair, and Sting Hogan has issues with. If they did do all three matches with each getting revenge, the person third to the punch would have been lessened. I still think a bridge title reign for Luger leading to Hogan regaining at Havoc was the way to go to lead to Sting.

• 5 months later...

They totally lost the plot here. Hogan's ego is finally running out of control, after months of great, focused promos. Not only is he basically stealing Hennig's heat, but it's indeed a very petty way to take shots at Flair when there's no plan for a Hogan vs Flair feud in the future.

• 1 year later...

I liked this more than anyone else--it's not one of Hogan's higher-end heel promos, but it works, just like the Piper one did. I've been bitching more than anyone about political bullshit overwhelming the product in this time period, but Hogan talking about Flair on the shelf served to set up his plans for Piper in the cage and how Piper will be joining him, so I think it actually worked here.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-09-22-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan