Pro Wrestling Only

Get me started on WCW

Corona

Throw all the Nitros out and don't watch anything past Slamboree 1994.

Definitely not the worst idea.

Terrible idea. The peak of WCW is the first two years of the Nitro era. And early 1994 has been quite overrated over the years too. It's good, but it's nowhere near as good as it's pimped to be. Lowering expectations is a good thing.

That's like getting a hot new girlfriend and just holding hands...

Agreed. Fly over the first year and a half of the Hogan era and go right through late 95/fall 97 and you're getting the honeymoon with WCW at its hottest.

The other really good years are 1989 and 1992, and late 93/early 94 to a lesser extent. Some parts of 90 and 93 (around the summer, usually) are absolutely dreadful.

BTW, before late 88 is Jim Crockett Promotion, not WCW. Yeah, I nitpick.

And I think that if you go back as far as you can, not only is a lot of the oldest stuff fun and enjoyable (as much so as almost anything you'll see), but you'll witness a richer, more drawn out narrative. You can watch Flair in 1977 feuding with Steamboat. You can watch Flair close the house down in 2001.

It maybe too much to go back to early 80's when working through WCW but I think a great time to focus on 90's would be in late 91 after the Flair exit when Rude and Steamboat show up and the creation of the Dangerous Alliance. I feel like you get good enough stuff through mid 94 before the Hogan show begins.