Pro Wrestling Only

C.M Punk

vannaboy

Is Punk really that big of a dick, or is he just not that good at being famous and having to be nice to strangers all the time?

In Steen's SMV shoot, he talked about Punk making fun of him for wearing a shirt in the ring, and later calling him out in the lockroom. Which is funny cause he wore BASKETBALL SHORTS for most of his career. Also, I know this is Teddy Hart, but telling Teddy not do Spiral Tap because AJ has been on TV doing it. Punk was USING A F'N PEDIGREE for a finish.

I think he was making a pun.

Yeah Bix is right. I got a little carried away there.

Punk is someone who I simultaneously like and dislike for being aloof or confrontational with fans. I don't like how preachy he would get but I also enjoy how he can carry a gimmick/character in the world of 2013 wrestling.

He seemed like a really good babyface on the indies. In WWE he just plain looks like he isn't having a good time being one. I've been watching the ROH compilation DVD for the Summer of Punk over the past few days. I'm amazed at how much it looks like a redo of the Shane Douglas/NWA speech from nineteen years ago.

A lot of wrestling falls in the category of "you HAD to be there..." and I am pretty disappointed at just how much his ROH title win falls into that category. The Aries/Punk match REALLY doesn't stand the test of time. It looked ridiculous to me as a fan who buys the DVDs and watches the shows expecting to enjoy them. I enjoy a lot of ROH but that end stretch and promo afterwards looked like a jaded wrestling fan's wet dream come to life. The next night when he wears the suit and signs the contract on the belt comes off looking a lot better.

Punk is somewhat responsible for me getting back into wrestling after so long out. I occasionally came across some of his interviews and they interested me in as much as they were no the bland nonsense I had been hearing from others whenever I tried getting into the current product.

He certainly seem to be more of a character wrestler than in ring worker, but then that's not necessarily a bad thing. I guess maybe how you see Punk comes down to what you want most out of wrestling - to me character and story will always be #1 and he seems to be one of the better current guys about in terms of telling a story.

Also, I have no problem with him being a dick to his fans. Wrestling fans, particularly smarky ones, are the scum of the earth. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't heap enough abuse on them.

Yeah, that was basically my thought, as well. C.M. Punk fans are pretty insufferable. I can't imagine having to encounter them every day of my walking life.

Punk had a great 2012 and was my favorite wrestler on the roster. In 2013 he has had his moments (Taker/Brock) but on a week to week basis he has been completely overshadowed by the rise of Bryan, the Shield, Cesaro, Rhodes brothers, etc.

I think I'm spoiled now, a little bored of his moveset and have become accustomed to seeing classics on a weekly basis. Punk is only giving me 3-4 classics with incredible build a year.

After writing that sentence with complete sincerity, I can see why Punk would have little patience for wrestling fans.

Also, I have no problem with him being a dick to his fans. Wrestling fans, particularly smarky ones, are the scum of the earth.

As you prove time and time again.

Anyway, someone mentioned Punk's livejournal. It's actually still up at http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/. He hasn't used it since Eddie died, but I wonder if he looks at it sometimes. It's been 8 years since he last wrote anything and it doesn't seem like he's changed much. Some stories on there are amusing (a conversation with a drunk Harley Race complaining about working with that "faggot Indian" and it turning out he meant the Ultimate Warrior) and some cringe worthy ones where hyperbole is obviously at play (a scenario with a cop that plays out like a wrestling promo).

It's interesting how John Cena takes all the hate in stride, and how Punk seems pissed off by all the love.

Cena comes across as a better human being than Punk.

Punk wishes he was Shawn Michaels back in 1988 writing horrible things on the back of fan's denim jacket for his own amusement.

It's interesting how John Cena takes all the hate in stride, and how Punk seems pissed off by all the love.

Punk wishes he was Shawn Michaels back in 1988 writing horrible things on the back of fan's denim jacket for his own amusement.

I don't think Punk is that bad. While I wouldn't call him an overly kind person towards the audience, I can't see him doing something like that or throwing a knee brace at someone's family member who has cancer.

I don't think Punk is that bad. While I wouldn't call him an overly kind person towards the audience, I can't see him doing something like that or throwing a knee brace at someone's family member who has cancer.

I think in a different era he'd be worse than he is now.

Punk had a great 2012 and was my favorite wrestler on the roster. In 2013 he has had his moments (Taker/Brock) but on a week to week basis he has been completely overshadowed by the rise of Bryan, the Shield, Cesaro, Rhodes brothers, etc.

That comes down to how he is booked though. Punk this year has basically been Bret Hart in 1995. He'll have his time again.

Well, a lot of Shawn Michaels' asshole attitude came from being drugged up 99% of the time. Dealing a chain wielding drunken fan in Memphis probably would get a different reaction from him than some 12 year old tweeting about how he "sux" so he may have been worse. I don't really know.

Well, a lot of Shawn Michaels' asshole attitude came from being drugged up 99% of the time. Dealing a chain wielding drunken fan in Memphis probably would get a different reaction from him than some 12 year old tweeting about how he "sux" so he may have been worse. I don't really know.

That's Shawn's excuse and he's sticking to it.

A cunt is just a bigger cunt on drugs.

It's the whole "oh he's on steriods he's going to get 'roid rage" argument.