Pro Wrestling Only

Free TV Match of the Week

Grimmas

Previous Winners:

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 1: January 1 to 4: Negro Casas vs. Titan (CMLL on Terra, 1/3)
Free TV Match of the Week, Week 2: January 5 to 11: Real Americans vs. Rhodes Brothers (WWE Raw, 1/6)
Free TV Match of the Week, Week 3: January 12 to 18: Negro Casas & Puma & Tiger vs. Black Panther & Blue Panther & Cachorro (CMLL on CadenTres, 1/18)

The poll will close as early on Friday that I am awake.

Here are your links:

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode (Cage Match, TNA Impact, 1/25)

The rest I had difficulty with, but I am sure you can find them with some looking around.

EDIT: Winner: Goldust & Cody Rhodes & Big E Langston vs. The Shield (WWE Raw, 1/20)

Edited by Grimmas

Current WWE seems slightly different than 3-4 years ago. Maybe it's just that wrestlers in general are more athletic, but it seems like a lot more of the WWE guys have a good amount of athleticism than a lot of the people they had in the past. Or maybe Vince felt they needed to move in that direction, can't tell.

Damn. I blasted through these matches today at work. Well, except Del Rio/Cara which I'm going to take a pass on. Much better selection of matches this week and tougher to pick number one so I'll hold off for now. Couple thoughts. I cannot believe Angle is still doing moonsaults off the top of the cage. Angle Slam a couple minutes in. Then the Ankle Lock a bit after. Multiple Germans. The only time he really sold anything was when he missed the moonsault but it led to a crummy sequence where he took forever to try to catch Roode from escaping the cage. Roode did the slowest crawl ever out the cage door. He was swimming in cement. Worst match of the bunch for me.

Really enjoyed the Lucha matches this week. Dragon Lee, Pegasso & Star Jr. vs Ccancerbero, Hechicero and Raziel is one of those who the hell are all of these guys matches for me. But this was fun with some great double team moves and twisty submissions. Love that move, drawing a blank now. It is not a bow and arrow but one where you life guy up in air with your feet behind their knees. But they combine it with a neck breaker. Tecnicos had some botches but the Rudos looked good. Two weeks in and I continue to marvel at Casas. Blue Panther has no mask! Yeah, I'm out of the loop. Casas is a riot though to just watch. I loved that ballsy headbutt attempt off the middle ropes where he ends up eating Panthers' feet. Finish is what probable takes away from this being the clear number one for the week.

WWE should totally adopt having six man tag matches on a regular basis like AJPW and Lucha do. About the best I've seen Cody look. He needs to steal all of Goldust's moves. They should not split that team up though. Cody does not have a high ceiling and teaming with Goldust is the way to go. Langston has the Ultimate Warrior offense down. I dislike the Disaster Kick by Cody but Reigns sold it great. Excellent finishing sequence. Wish match had a couple more minutes though.

I spent 10 minutes typing up what I didnt like about Lucha multi mans from last week and then watch the Dragon Lee... vs. ....Raziel and loved the fuck out of it...ALL OF IT...a GREAT match with good wrestling, great moves, counters...etc....

Also watched Angle vs. Roode - no chance this wins for me...the cage escape parts were painful to watch, especially when Roode was trying to slide out the door. he takes his foot at one point and puts it back up on the cage door and waits for Angle...that KILLED it for me...and WHY is Kurt taking that dive still..STOP IT

Casas vs. Panther was OK...I enjoyed the submissions, but dont know enough about the guys and feud to get a personal feel about it..

Where can I learn about current and past lucha? The feuds and stars and such.. I have listened to the primer done by Will and co but looking for more of a storyline, feud perspectives...

Thanks!

Still have to watch Panther v. Casas and find the full WWE matches. The Mascara/Rush/Titan v. Terrible/Vangelis Virus stands out so far. I liked the "big man" stuff with Titan in caida 1 when the rudos had to double and triple team to keep him down. The sudden surge to finish caida 2 was nice, and then the Titan v. Terrible stuff in caida 3 was excellent. Some good dives, and the rudos did really good work I thought. Hoping Panther vs. Casas approaches this kind of goodness.

Voted for the Rhodes/E vs Shield 6-man but the Virus trios match came in at a close-ish 2nd.

Had too much fun watching that spotfest. Rhodes crazy double jump placha...yeah.

La Mascara/Rush/Titan vs. Terrible/Vangelis/Virus was a good time but simply lost me at points. Virus was the man though in this. Just flat out awesome. Probably my early front runner for WOTY.

Dragon Lee/Pegasso/Star Jr. vs. Ccancerbero/Hechicero/Raziel had some flubby stuff. Seeing Hechicero in CMLL was super duper cool though. His twisty backbreaker move was OUCHY! Fun match that I again enjoyed just didn't as much as the prior two with a little bit more flubbed than the others.

For me it comes down to Blue Panther vs. Negro Casas and Titan-Virus trios match.

Both were awesome matches that really leaving me wanting to see future matches between them. I am so excited there is a Virus-Titan match coming up on a future poll! I like both for different reasons. One was two pros doing there thing with a lot of hate. The other was a classic lucha match which had a great finishing sequence.

I am going to go with the trios match, just because of how awesome Virus was and how excited it made me to see him face Titan.