Pro Wrestling Only

WO News and Notes

goodhelmet

Summerslam Notes:

-Backstage negotiations with Hogan and Michaels...

--- Michaels did not want to do the job and requested to lose via DQ and he was the one who asked for the program.

--- Hogan said there was only one ending for the match, since he ash creative control, and that was the legdrop.

--- Michaels wanted the screwjob finish at Summerslam and would return the favor with Hogan winning a cage match at the next PPV. Hogan wanted to win this match clean and then have the cage match and win by photo finish where he goes through the door and Michaels goes over the cage with Hogan hitting the floor first.

---Michaels then refused ot do the cage match because he was jot going to lose clean to Hogan twice.

--- Michaels could not abck out of the finish and was told by McMahon there was no negotiating the first match finish.

--- Hogan did not want to do a practice match because of his physical condition and did not want to take any unnecessary punishment.

--- Michaels not getting what he wanted was the reason he was unprofessional the next night on RAW. McMahon had cleared the promo before Michaels did it.

--- Because Michaels refused to do the 2nd job, Hogan went home. Since Hogan was not there and they had nothing to do, they put him in the program with Masters.

Star Ratings:

Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan 1/4*

Edge vs. Matt Hardy **

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio ***1/2

Kurt Angle vs. Eugene **

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker **3/4

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho ***3/4

Batista vs. JBL **

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels ***1/2

You know, I hate to say it but Shawn was right. Why should someone who's full time with the company do two clean jobs to someone only around to promote his TV show and won't even do a practice match to make sure everything's smooth?

I don't agree with him doing the promo on RAW (since it muddled the face/heel dynamic for his program with Masters), but I can understand the frustration behind it.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

You know, I hate to say it but Shawn was right. Why should someone who's full time with the company do two clean jobs to someone only around to promote his TV show and won't even do a practice match to make sure everything's smooth?

I don't agree with him doing the promo on RAW (since it muddled the face/heel dynamic for his program with Masters), but I can understand the frustration behind it.

If you're doing Hogan vs. Austin, you can't have Hogan losing to Shawn Michaels. From now on all Hogan's jobs have to be carefully calculated. Too many meaningless jobs will ruin his impact for a "Dream Match".

Shawn Michaels is on Raw everyweek, he can easily get his heat back.

Odds and Ends:

- A book about Stampede Wrestling will be released in the near future. It is called "Pain and Passion: The History of Stampede Wrestling" written by Heath McCoy

- There was a Mid-Atlantic Convention in Charlotte last weekend. Some notes from the event...

--- Terry Funk, JJ Dillon, Bret Hart and Jim Cornette did a Q&A session

--- Funk was emphasizing how Dick Murdoch should be in the Hall of Fame

--- Paul Jones bragged about how none of today's stars could do the 90 minute matches they used to do

--- Ole Anderson yelled at David Flair for selling photos of the Four Horsemen without giving him a cut ( :lol: ). One person described it that Flair was largely ignored and maybe made off with $20 in sales. The feeling was Anderson had a reason to gripe but came off looking bad. Anderson also complained heavily for not being in the Hall of Fame.

- Shane Douglas's Hardcore Homecoming will begin its first tour on Sep. 16 in Cleveland.

- When Jim Corentte was asked about Russo's new Christian wrestling fed, he replied, "If there was a God, Vince Russo would have never been allowed in the wrestling business... It would take divine intervention for Russo to come up with a good idea."

Bret Hart Speaks:

---At the Mid Atlantic Convention, when asked if he was going to rush out to Summerslam, Bret replied. "Not this year. Not next year. Not the year after that. Not 50 years after that."

---Bret said he did not agree to the storyline where they used his name which means that when they attempted to reach him, they failed. Bret's response to the angle," I think it's some kind of attempt to use my name or my situation to promote their angle. Neither Shawn Michales or Hulk Hogan are friends of mine and neither one is sympathetic to me, so it must be a case of two people who can't make it on their own, so they have to throw my name in there." Meltz said the balme for this one should go on Vince.

---The DVD will be the extent of his business relationship with the WWE. " I have compromised some of my feelings toward the WWF. I think we have come far enough. I think that they accept they were a bunch of lousy bastards about it, and I accept that they were."

---When asked about HHH... "He is just a phony, lying piece of shit."

---Hart said he would be open to working for TNA. TNA has been trying hard to get Hart before their debut on national TV.

---Hart admitted he was no stranger to steroids when he got his push for the title in 1992.

--- On Ric Flair, "Ric Flair had the same match with Big Bubba as he had with Chris Benoit"... "Ric Flair couldn't do anything but a Ric Flair match"... "I've found out since I've been here everybody hates Flair more than I did." Meltz mentions Hart must have been talking to Ole.

--- He said he was considering accepting a Hall of Fame invitation.

--- Bret is reportedly very happy with the way the DVD is turning out which should be finished by now.

Are you purposely avoiding any info on Jericho's contract just to pick at me?

:P

I know it's in there, because Meltzer said he'd have an update in his preview.

Actually I am not.

I'll type up exactly what he wrote. It's so anti-climactic that I was dissappointed myself....

Really, the biggest story of the show was downlpayed, which was the final PPV appearanceof Jericho, who finished up the next night in Hampton, VA, on RAW, losing a loser gets fired rematch to Cena. Jericho got Cena's two best non-weapons matches (besides the JBL match) of the year in two nights in his company farewell. It is believed Jericho will concentrate on touring, particularly overseas, with his band Fozzy, which had a shot at several tours that his wrestling schedule would not allow. He's also said to be actively pursuing acting roles. At this point, there is no time frame for his return or any plans on the table for a return. At the age of 34, few expect that Jericho won't ever come back.

That's it. I have already read that news all over the net adn jericho said as much in the letter that was taken down from his site. Kinda sucks really. No career overview... nothing.