Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlespective: Wrestle War '90 Main Event

Loss

Nicely done, guys. Some real thought-provoking discussion there. Enjoyed the talk of Flair being more valuable by floating back & forth between face and heel to fit his opponents around this time. Ditto for the many twists & turns by Lex for the vast majority of his career.

An abundance of great talking points here. The comparisons of Lex to both Sting and Warrior was interesting. And you're right. Say what you will about Lex, but I always walked away with the sense that he was working hard. Raw. Rough around the edges. But intense and focused on the task a lot of times, too.

Neat to hear some of the alternative scenarios that are addressed - whether it be the idea of turning Muta or running full throttle with Luger instead of Sting. Good stuff.

The concept of Flair's close calls & near falls holding more weight and meaning so much more than they would otherwise is something I hadn't necessarily put a lot of thought into beforehand. But, as Charles said, it's kind of a subconscious thing that's always there in the back of your mind when it's done right.

Here's hoping this means we'll be hearing more from Charles on upcoming podcasts soon. Well done, fellas.

'Preciate the heads up, Parv. I'll be sure and scope that episode out, pronto.

A little ashamed to admit I haven't quite climbed aboard the "Big Boys" bandwagon just yet. Heard good things, and I've listened to a few of the specials - the AWA, the Year End Awards, etc. All good stuff. I just haven't committed to it yet, although I enjoy the hell out of your work with the Titans crew. Follow that faithfully.

But yeah. I'll check it out when I get some more spare time, man. Thanks.

I am not one to shill, but if you hold off a couple of weeks, we are doing "remastered" editions of the very first episodes with new intros, better audio and some new content. That would be a logical point to start, and these new editions are partly intended as an intro for newcomers like yourself. WTBBP mostly consists of going through old newsletters, top match analysis from Chad (and various guests like Charles and even Jason Mann on a few occasions), and me moaning about Jimmy Valiant's* / Shaska Whatley's* / Ranger Ross's* dancing and Jimmy Garvin's hair and ring attire.

*delete as appropriate.