Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-25-WCW-Nitro] Sting & Lex Luger vs The Giant & NWO Sting

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes. I've heard good things about Jeff Farmer in Japan - had he become really good yet at this point? Sting and Luger win the match and the Wolfpac guys come out to congratulate them. They make an offer to Sting, but we have a cliffhanger. I would like to think WCW wouldn't be that monumentally dumb, but ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

"Winning and losing is not even in the quotation, it's all about what's going to happen." A year and a half before Russo's arrival in the company, Tony Schiavone officially informs us that wins and losses no longer matter and that this is a sports-centered version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Sting puts down the bogus Sting with little effort and we go off the air with Sting contemplating an offer from the Wolfpack. The crowd and Tony are losing their minds and I have to admit, through all the muddled booking there was a light at the end of the tunnel here. Book some personal issues between members of the two factions and build up to a big WarGames and you'd be able to draw some serious money and possibly even fend off the WWF. But the political bullshit was always going to win the day, the WCW brand was already harmed possibly past the point of repair, and things would soon get a lot worse.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-05-25-WCW-Nitro] Sting & Lex Luger vs The Giant & NWO Sting