Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hogan, Rodman and the NWO guys hang around in the back with a bunch of drunk women. Bischoff is in some other world. I don't even know if he could stand up. Hogan says he's going to collect money from Kevin Nash tonight for all of those powerbomb fines months ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So now we're back to talking about the power bomb being illegal. Or formerly illegal. Or something. There's not a sober person in this room and this segment just goes to hell--just total undeserved ego run amok. Hogan takes another personal shot at Nash, talking about the "skinny legs underneath those long pants." Not a single actual thing, match, or future confrontation is given any hype nor are we given any further reason to tune in aside from a vague threat about "collecting" from Nash. And how in the fuck do we go from this Hollywood vs. Wolfpack stuff to DDP main eventing against Rodman?

There was a perverse part of me that was actually looking forward to the WCW stuff on the '99 Yearbook just because it's so new to me (I completely stopped even flipping over to Nitro after the Fingerpoke of Doom) and because it's so bad in a legendary way, but this is the Nitro where I've gone from shaking my head at WCW's decline to getting legitimately angry at the promotion and everyone at the top of it.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman