Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-07-01-ECW-TV] Dudley Boys & Jack Victory vs The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer & New Jack & Spike Dudley

Loss

• 2 months later...

The Dudleys are here to pay tribute to a fallen Beulah, and they have an inflatable doll with them to represent her.

Atsushi Onita comes out as a mystery partner fro Sandman and Dreamer, but it was all a swerve as Onita turns on them. This brings out New Jack, but he gets attacked from behind by Jack Victory. Finally, Spike it out to make the save for the good guys and does a number on everyone in the ring until Big Dick puts him through a ringside table. Jeff Jones also turns. This is too much stuff.

There's garbage wrestling, then there's garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Onita was a decent surprise but then he turns which doesn't make any sense

Onita REALLY wanted to do a death match in the US so this was supposed to be the set up for an Onita vs Sandman Exploding Barbed Wire match in ECW but the deal fell through.

About 4 months later Onita tried to pull a power play to regain controll in FMW but no one wanted to go with him so he was out of the company by the end of the year.

He later tried to re-do his American Death Match idea with XPW to do an Exploding Death Match with Sabu in LA in 2000 but that deal also fell through. In a funny irony XPW would end up working with FMW later that year.

• 1 year later...

Did I mention that the HIAC match officially rendered ECW superfluous? I think I'll say it again. Really an awful segment on about all levels. I'm over Gertner's shtick, the match sucks, the brawling sucks, and to say Onita phones in his performance here would be an insult to true masters of laziness like Kevin Nash. I don't know whose idea it was for Onita to wear traditional Japanese kimono garb but it looks ridiculous and it completely kills his aura. There's absolutely nothing here that you haven't been shown a million times before.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-07-01-ECW-TV] Dudley Boys & Jack Victory vs The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer & New Jack & Spike Dudley