Pro Wrestling Only

Pro-Wrestling Super Show: ECW Barely Legal (July 2, 2014)

sabu-taz.jpg

Click here.

On this week’s Super Show, Steven Graham is joined by Ben Morse (of P2BN’s Main Event & Marvel.com) and Dave Musgrave (of the Wrestling Culture podcast) to open up the Extreme Vault for this first time to discuss ECW Barely Legal. As always we give our recommendations.

Remember to subscribe and rate in iTunes and to follow the Pro-Wrestling Super Show on tumblrfor great content that goes along with the show.

Gave this a listen earlier, really enjoyed it. Nice to get a strong baseline established on where ECW was in Spring 97.

I was wondering what you thought of a commonly held belief (back then, anyway) that ECW had peaked artistically at the end of the summer 96 and never reached those heights again......

I listened to this while assembling the pack n play and enjoyed it. I agreed with all on most of the big points except MOTN. I think the show overall is more successful than looking at each individual match.

Mick, I know you didn't ask me but I would argue that the build to Hardcore Heaven 97 is when the company peaked with the Lawler stuff. Everything so far after that have I seen has become too convoluted.

I listened to this while assembling the pack n play and enjoyed it. I agreed with all on most of the big points except MOTN. I think the show overall is more successful than looking at each individual match.

Mick, I know you didn't ask me but I would argue that the build to Hardcore Heaven 97 is when the company peaked with the Lawler stuff. Everything so far after that have I seen has become too convoluted.

Open to all Chad :)

Agreed with much of what Chad said.

As a fan, I was never as invested in ECW after the blow off to Lawler and Dreamer. The match itself is just a fantastically fun brawl. Overbooked to the hilt, and it's a cluttered mess structurally. But it's freaking phenomenal to just kick back and watch. The near falls are tremendous. The heat Jerry generates is nuclear. And the Jake sighting is the topper.

And hell. In fact, I think I've just talked myself into giving it another look soon.

But yeah. Good listening right here, as usual. The ECW reviews clearly aren't destined for a long shelf life, but they're damn sure fun enough for the meantime.