Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-07-WCW-Thunder] Raven vignettes

Loss

• 2 months later...

More whiny and meandering vignettes of Raven and Kanyon at Raven's house. Chastity shows up on WCW TV for the first time looking completely different than she did in ECW. Everyone talks at the same time and this is poorly produced. It would also help with some type of announcer present to say they dispatched a camera to Raven's house. Raven's friend James (The Sandman) also makes his WCW debut, dressed in actual clean clothes, and pushes Kanyon into the pool after Kanyon sasses him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

New year, same old Raven. This gimmick will get Sandman over. The only mild highlight here was Kanyon reminding me of an article I once read. It was about wrestlers doing totally ridiculous and unnecessary flip bumps at any given opportunity. I've never minded flip bumps all that much. It's the back bump off an eye rake that always gets me.

• 1 year later...

This angle started with some promise, but it's getting sunk by the overacting and verbal diarrhea of Raven's relatives. Sandman shows up in casual wear and glasses and we get an incredibly feeble Seinfeld reference before the big pool bump. This isn't going anywhere, it's just throwing random characters at the screen that we have no reason to care about.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-07-WCW-Thunder] Raven vignettes