Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-09-WCW-Saturday Night] Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor vs Disorderly Conduct

Loss

• 2 months later...

Yeah, this was awesome. Finlay and Taylor beat the crap out of these poor guys, who are great at feeding spots by the way. Finlay steps on Mean Mike’s chest to hold him in place before doing the Vader splash in the corner. It’s the little things. Plus, the announcers are hilarious making fun of Kevin Nash starting a website at kevinbigsexynash.com. Is this a GOAT squash match contender?

• 4 weeks later...

Disorderly Conduct makes a yearbook, HOLY SHIT!!! For whatever reason, Mean Mike & Tough Tom and High Voltage were the two jabroni tag teams from Saturday Night that have stuck with me from my childhood. I need to see this.

Big Sexy's website still exists in all its turn of the millennium glory updated through his Magic Mike role. Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

If Finlay and Taylor advanced in the first round of the tag team tournament on Thunder, how did Disorderly Conduct make it here?

This was the type of match that made WCWSN an intriguing show to watch from week to week when I first started watching in late 98. Of course, that was dead in the water by July but going back through the WCWSN archives, these little, fun matches happened a lot from the fall of 1997 through spring of 1999.

Well this was a load of fun and a good match. I was glad to hear the announcers talk about the lineage of the tag titles as it has been a mess and afterthought in the past year. FInlay and Taylor are great bruisers dishing out nasty punishment to the willing and Disorderly Conduct was more than wiling. Glad to have this on the footage I watched. (***)

• 6 months later...

Disorderly Conduct are amongst the most jobberish tag teams in WCW history to actually be given a team name. The instantly forgettable look. The bland undercard heel gimmick. The names Mean Mike and Tough Tom. Getting crushed by Squire David Taylor. Jobber perfection right here.

• 1 year later...

It's not explained, but I'm guessing Disorderly Conduct got here with a convincing win over the Texas Hangmen, possibly in Rio. Call it a hunch.

Great extended squash as Taylor and Finlay just brutalize these two guys at will, with both submissions and big bombs. Mean Mike and Tough Tom are professionals all the way and I loved how they were able to keep their jobs for so long because they provided 2 tag teams for the price of 1.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-09-WCW-Saturday Night] Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor vs Disorderly Conduct