Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-18-WWF-Raw] Chyna and Mark Henry

Loss

• 2 months later...

Chyna asks Mark Henry to come out and tell the truth, and his mom is at ringside. Henry admits they did nothing, but BEGS Chyna not to reveal everything. Chyna won't let him off that easy, and shows video of Chyna's transgender friend Sammy putting the moves on Henry before finding a penis and puking in the toilet. Chyna apologizes to Henry's mom for doing this in front of her, but says he had it coming. Then she low blows Henry to close this out. I could write volumes about the racism and transphobia and sexism and everything else in this segment, and maybe one day I will.

Henry's mom ends up grabbing him by the ear and taking him to the proverbial woodshed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Henry capitulates to Chyna's ultimatum and reveals that they didn't do the wild thing, the mild thing, or anything else. So Chyna double-crosses him and rolls the footage from last week anyway--what a hero. Henry is comforted by Sammy, but it's a MAN, BABY. Yeah, boy...this was a horrible segment live and it's aged about as badly as possible since.

We all know this one. I would say this has aged badly, but it's not like this was anything other than awful and highly offensive when it aired. Chyna shows footage of Mark Henry making out with Sammy and Mark eventually finds out that Sammy is trans and utters the infamous line of 'SWEET JESUS, YOU GOT A PENIS!'. Props to Mark Henry for actually going through with this stuff and his timing and delivery is the single saving grace of this crap.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-18-WWF-Raw] Chyna and Mark Henry