Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-05-16-ECW-Hardcore Heaven] Tommy Dreamer vs Lance Storm

Loss

• 2 months later...

Why do ref bumps in a company with no disqualifications? I thought this was a fun match held back from being better because of Storm's inability to be aggressive. He's just not cut out for matches like this. It was well-laid out, but Storm just works too light for this match to be anything better than solid.

• 2 months later...

Talk about exceeding expectation. This was a very good ECW style brawl. They kept it moving and worked some cool spots and had some good heat. I was never even bothered by Storm, the chair shot that busted Dreamer open was really good even, I thought. It wasn't the most aggressive of brawls sure but matches like this are more about weapons spots than violence and aggression, and by that standard I thought this was very good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually was shocked at how stiff Storm was working here. It wasn't Hansen level but after seeing him throw weapon shots before, I thought he laid it in a decent amount here and made it seem at least credible. The story of Dawn Marie and Francine was fun and Francine giving Cyrus the bronco buster was a crowd pleasing moment. I do think Francine was the natural progression from Sensational Sherri as a female manager in wrestling. Storm secures the win here and the Impact Players continue to be pushed really strong. ***1/4

• 2 years later...

This had some well-laid out spots and overall was pretty enjoyable action, though I could have done without all the run-ins at the finish, and *especially* the shooty-shoot bullshit that seems to crop up whenever Cyrus is either speaking or on-camera. But for two workers I don't really care about, this was fun.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-05-16-ECW-Hardcore Heaven] Tommy Dreamer vs Lance Storm