Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Podcast Thread

Bigelow34

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are taking a look at Survivor Series 2006! They discuss the PTBN SummerSlam 2016 gathering, the death of the Spirit Squad, the battle of Eddie Guerrero’s estate, Lita’s ugly farewell, CM Punk’s debut, the Mr. Kennedy/MVP alliance, WWE’s weak roster and moral degeneration, Test’s love affair with HGH, Bobby Lashley’s shift to ECW, Batista completing his comeback quest and much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-418-survivor-series-2006/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by guests aplenty. The show kicks off with an announcement of a brand new podcast soon coming to the PWO-PTBN Podcast feed.

The boys are then joined by Timothy Buechner to take a look at December to Dismember 2006! They discuss the state of the ECW brand, the end of the road for Paul Heyman, the reunion of MNM, Matt Striker's questionable loss, the pairing of Sylvester Terkay and Elijah Burke, the commentary of Joey Styles and Tazz, Daivari's new role, Kevin Thorn's vampire gimmick, Bobby Lashley's crowning moment and much more!

The crew is also joined by a special visitor to pay tribute to the Summer of Yacht Rock.

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-419-december-to-dismember-2006/

Some of your drops and side things like singing as... Hacksaw Duggan maybe? are so long and stupid and god damn it could maybe have a life span of 15 seconds but it goes on for what feels like 10 minutes and it made me literally turn the stupid thing off. So it could have gone the rest of the show but I will never know because life is too short to be so annoyed.

First off, thanks for listening!

The show is what it is at this point. For every comment like this, we get the opposite as well, saying that enjoy the running gags that have been going on for years. It has been the format of the show for 419 episodes. Stinks that you stopped it instead of fast forwarding through it, but when we started the goal was to make the show what we wanted it to be both from an informative/educational standpoint and entertainment as well. Some stuff lands and some doesn't. We also do it much less often than in the past too. We obviously want people to listen but we also want to just have fun with how we present it.

We churn out a lot of content.. I never saw 5-7 minutes (usual length of that stuff, this one was abnormally longer for sure) out of a 100-120+ minute show as being as outweighing everything else presented.

Again, thanks for the feedback and for listening! Timothy was awesome and can't wait to have him back on.

Cant speak for everyone, obviously, but the Vintage Vaults are an absolute highlight of my podcasting week and how I discovered this board actually. Been listening since I think the 1996 ppv's, and you guys going through each of the events in detail is really what reignited my wrestling fandom a couple of years back.

Nothing too substantial to add but just thought I'd offer some love! Excited to listen to latest offering. Not only is it the review of the legendary 'worst PPV of all time contender' December to Dismember, but some crossover with This Week in Wrestling with Timothy and also a new Parv podcast - so what's not to like?

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott wrap up the PPV calendar year of 2006 with a look back at Armageddon 2006!

The boys discuss Inferno Matches, the legitimization of MVP, Joey Mercury’s face, London & Kendrick’s title run, the never ending Chavo & Vickie Guerrero storyline, the PPV debut of Jimmy Wang Yang, Mr. Kennedy’s elevation, the sudden depth of the Smackdown roster, the questionable booking of the main event and much more!

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott kick off the PPV calendar year of 2007 with a look back at New Year’s Revolution 2007!

The boys discuss Picasso’s Pizza, the evolution of Jeff Hardy, the returns of Jim Duggan and The World’s Greatest Tag Team, Ric Flair’s value, the state of the Women’s Division, Triple H’s major injury, the reheating of Chris Masters, Umaga’s elevation and much more!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-421-new-years-revolution-2007/

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin, Scott & Marc Clair take a look back at Royal Rumble 2007!

The boys discuss Ascent Media, Donald Trump, the evolution of the Hardys, the name value of ECW, the terrible finish to Test vs. Bobby Lashley, Mr. Kennedy's performance, the legacy of John Cena vs. Umaga, the compelling finish to the Rumble, where things stand for WrestleMania, where this Royal Rumble PPV stacks up all time and much more!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-421-royal-rumble-2007/

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin & Scott take a look back at No Way Out 2007!

The boys discuss The Vacation Movies, JBL's performance on commentary, the growth of MVP, the end of Gregory Helms' record title reign, the Chavo Guerrero infection, the future of Finlay, Madea, King Booker the Lost Soul, the arrival of Deuce & Domino, another strong performance of Mr. Kennedy, the terrible Los Angeles crowd, Ashley Sammartino, the mammoth main event and much more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott & Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-423-no-way-out-2007/

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin, Scott & Marc Clair take a look back at Royal Rumble 2007!

The boys discuss Ascent Media, Donald Trump, the evolution of the Hardys, the name value of ECW, the terrible finish to Test vs. Bobby Lashley, Mr. Kennedy's performance, the legacy of John Cena vs. Umaga, the compelling finish to the Rumble, where things stand for WrestleMania, where this Royal Rumble PPV stacks up all time and much more!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-421-royal-rumble-2007/

I kind of stopped listening to the PTBP when you entered the Reign of Terra Ryzin (not your fault) but I'll dip my toes back in here and there. I decided to listen to this because there was no Thursday podcast. It sounded like you guys really had fun recording this, which was amplified by this being such a good show. I might start paying more attention to this podcast again.

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott deliver the PTBP's sixth annual Halloween Spooktacular! They celebrate the holiday by throwing another giant podcast party but this time there is a twist... as sixteen unknowing guests are thrust into a giant wrestling trivia contest! Who will prevail as the King of Halloween Trivia? Tune in to find out!

So fire up this action-packed episode, grab a pumpkin full of candy, put on your costume and join Scott and Justin because it is time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

Place to Be Podcast Episode 424: Sixth Annual Halloween Spooktacular!

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin, Scott & Chad Campbell take a look back at WrestleMania 23!

The boys discuss WrestleMania's official move to stadiums, Mr. Kennedy's big win, Kane's slam heard around the world, MVP's great showing, a tremendous Hall of Fame class, the unexpected classic between Undertaker and Batista, the special moment for the ECW Originals, Umaga and Lashley getting the showcase spot, the WWE legacy of Donald Trump, the beginning of the "Diva Era", John Cena's growing big match legacy, where this WrestleMania ranks all time and much more!

They then wrap up with an announcement regarding the future direction of the show as well as a break down of the upcoming Sheety Awards. Be sure to submit your nominations today!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin and Chad as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-425-wrestlemania-23/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Chad Campbell as they again head back into the archives to tie up all of the loose ends by doling out PPV Report Cards. Picking back up in 1998, the boys rank the PPVs by creative year and also list out the top five PPV matches of each creative year as well through WrestleMania 22. Do you agree with their choices? What did they miss? Join in and share your thoughts as well on Facebook, Twitter or PWO!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin & Chad as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Chad Campbell as they again head back into the archives to tie up all of the loose ends by doling out PPV Report Cards. Picking back up in 1998, the boys rank the PPVs by creative year and also list out the top five PPV matches of each creative year as well through WrestleMania 22. Do you agree with their choices? What did they miss? Join in and share your thoughts as well on Facebook, Twitter or PWO!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott, Justin & Chad as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

Really enjoyed the PPV ranking as this was very much in my era for being all over WWF/E. I did though empathise with your pain when it comes down to the years of 15 PPV's and where your brain loses track of "Hmm, is No Mercy 2004 better than Unforgive 2004...".

I think mostly I agreed with a lot of your choices but thought Scott's love for Austin/Taker from SSlam 98 was a bit nostalgia driven. I love that PPV, it's one of my all time favourites, mainly because of the way it flows and the variety in the card, but while the build up to the main event was great, because of Austin's concussion amongst other things the match falls a bit flat.

One thing I was thinking about in the era of the shows all blending into one, especially now in the LED Board age, but do you think that the lack of different sets etc has anything to do with not being able to differentiate? For example, people love the Over The Edge 98 main event, but I think a lot of people also remember it fondly for the old cars. Backlash PPV's always seemed to be memorable, in part I think because of the giant swinging metal hooks! I don't know, just a thought I had. You could tell when WCW was on the decline to me when all their PPV's started looking exactly the same in 99/00/01, compared to the crazy fake beach sets and Spring Stampede having random stage coaches and hay bales. Bring back the different sets!