Pro Wrestling Only

Tommy Dreamer

Grimmas

In going back through the '90s , I've learned to fast forward through segments involving Dreamer. He's right up there with '91 Hulk Hogan among the most loathsome babyfaces ever. This might be a gross generalization, but he seemed to build a lot of his work toward bullying weaker people. I wish both he and Raven had stayed at that summer camp where they met and become lifelong counselors instead of wrestlers.

I liked some of Dreamers WWECW stuff. He had a really great match with Regal

William Regal v. Tommy Dreamer WWE 11/8/09-EPIC

I was on the fence, this is a 8 minute match against Tommy Dreamer, can this really be an epic. Fuck it, this was just too great and Regal was just too awesome for me not to give the full E. Dreamer took a crutch shot in a street fight the week before and the bolt penetrated his triceps, so he is coming into this match with a big white wrap on his arm. Regal is on that arm like a fat kid on the last piece of pinata candy. Really the best example of Regal as vicious WWII prison guard. He just tears and pounds on the wound, he is someone with so many ways to hurt you. Meanwhile Dreamer does a great job of selling the injury (which I am sure hurt like a broken heart) while throwing in some really exciting comebacks. I loved how he went for a DDT, only to Regal hurl him down using the arm, still Dreamer was able to catch him in a one armed spinebuster. Finish was awesome. Dreamer is rolling, finally getting the advantage, but Regal rolls to the floor, grabs the arm rings it over the cable, while Dreamer is recoiling, Regal flies into the ring and hits the running knee right on the arm. Best Tommy Dreamer match ever, and a hell of performance by Regal

He isn't going to come close to my list, but that match did rule

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 10/31/2014 at 7:27 PM, Phil Schneider said:

I liked some of Dreamers WWECW stuff. He had a really great match with Regal

William Regal v. Tommy Dreamer WWE 11/8/09-EPIC

I was on the fence, this is a 8 minute match against Tommy Dreamer, can this really be an epic. Fuck it, this was just too great and Regal was just too awesome for me not to give the full E. Dreamer took a crutch shot in a street fight the week before and the bolt penetrated his triceps, so he is coming into this match with a big white wrap on his arm. Regal is on that arm like a fat kid on the last piece of pinata candy. Really the best example of Regal as vicious WWII prison guard. He just tears and pounds on the wound, he is someone with so many ways to hurt you. Meanwhile Dreamer does a great job of selling the injury (which I am sure hurt like a broken heart) while throwing in some really exciting comebacks. I loved how he went for a DDT, only to Regal hurl him down using the arm, still Dreamer was able to catch him in a one armed spinebuster. Finish was awesome. Dreamer is rolling, finally getting the advantage, but Regal rolls to the floor, grabs the arm rings it over the cable, while Dreamer is recoiling, Regal flies into the ring and hits the running knee right on the arm. Best Tommy Dreamer match ever, and a hell of performance by Regal

He isn't going to come close to my list, but that match did rule

I went **1/2 on this, your typical Regal tv match where he does the little things all right but it never clicks for me as anything exciting, less than the sum of it's parts. I simply do not get Regal the way his fans do

Anyway Tommy Dreamer isn't any good and wouldn't have been nominated if Sandman caned him less hard in 1994, but somebody's gotta wanna vote for him so we bump the thread.