Pro Wrestling Only

Why Meltzer will always own Keller

Loss

In the past month, Jim Ross has been fired from his announcing position on RAW, all the McMahons have put themselves on TV again, Austin has walked out in lieu of doing a stupid job, Christian has quit the company, Dusty Rhodes has been placed on the creative team, Goldust and Vader have inexplicably returned to the company, TNA is gaining momentum (sort of) on Spike, RAW has moved to USA, and Bret Hart's DVD was finalized. Meltzer seems to be covering all of that in as much detail as possible, despite it being a large amount at once. So what's Wade Keller reporting today?

Here is a camera inside of the IpayOne Center, site of Taboo Tuesday, that is providing a live video feed of the WWE production team preparing for the pay-per-view. Here are some notes from the video feed:

The WWE production team arrived late Monday afternoon to begin putting up the set, which is identical to last year's, with the TitanTron resembling a computer monitor and the stage looking like a computer keyboard. Preparations resumed very early Tuesday morning.

Curtains have been put up in several sections of the upper deck to block off the last few rows of seats.

Triple H was shown sitting alone in the lower deck.

Eugene was shown sitting alone and talking on his cell phone.

Another wrestler was show from a distance sitting alone and enjoying a beverage. It appeared to be either Dustin Rhodes or Trevor Murdoch.

A smaller stage with a smaller video screen has been put up next to the main set.

Technical problems killed the camera around 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. Perhaps WWE found out about it and got it turned off. At 3 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, the live video feed from the site of Taboo Tuesday was replaced with a graphic that says "This camera has been blacked out for the current event."

(I would have informed you about the camera sooner but I figured that the camera would be shut off as soon as it was reported online and I wanted to collect as much info as I could before it did get shut off)

I don't get the Torch, but I can only hope he's covering all this stuff with the detail it deserves.

Guest EastCoastJ

I don't get the Torch, but I can only hope he's covering all this stuff with the detail it deserves.

As a Torch subscriber, I can tell you that your hopes are in vain.

The only reason I still get it is because they forgot to cancel my password and username for the ViP website when I cancelled my subscription like a year ago.

Guest EastCoastJ

You know the wheels are in motion for the WWE Notebook section right now too:

"In a shocking move, WWE.com announced early Tuesday that former ECW announcer Joey Styles was backstage at Taboo Tuesday. Sources indicate that while some are happy with this decision, some are not"

BTW, I'm going to morph this thread into Taboo Tuesday discussion since it sort of makes the overall point nicely anyway. You can already tell Meltzer's coverage is going to rock.

Taboo Tuesday match-by-match coverage

[email protected]

We're looking for your thoughts on tonight's show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to [email protected].

Joey Styles & Jerry Lawler are doing the announcing.

Val Venis & Shelton Benjamin vs. Matt Striker & Kerwin White opens the show. Striker pinned Benjamin with a schoolboy holding the tights. Yeah, I can't believe it either.

Guest Some Guy

I like that they brought in Styles. Now they need to ship Lawler to SD! and bring Tazz to Raw. As has been discusses over and over Lawler just doesn't have it anymore (if he ever did).

I find Styles to be overrated by ECW hardcore fans but he definately knows how to get people and angles over. He, along with Heymen's booking did a great job getting guys like Taz, Raven, RVD, etc... over in ECW. Styles had a way of making guys seem like threats before they proved it to the fans. JR seems to down play talent (other than the chosen ones like Orton and Masters) until they get over, rather than actively trying to get them over with the fans.

Shawn got 46% of the vote, Show 16%, and Kane 38%. Kane came this close to winning even after the obvious audience swaying build. That should show the company that the fans would get behind a big Kane push even after all the damage that has been done to him. It also shows that some pundits (Keller) have been overrating Shawn's popularity.

HHH vs. Flair was changed to an IC title match, which means HHH was either decided to put Flair over tonight, or he's willing to become IC champion.

We're opening with Edge & Chris Masters vs. Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy. Hardy actually got more votes than Mysterio, although in the building in San Diego Mysterio was more of a favorite. Do you think this result will result in a push for Hardy because the fans have spoken. Me neither. We're off to a nice dishonest start. Edge isn't wrestling due to an injury that took place on the 14th. They seemed to forget to inform anyone of that while advertising the show. Snitsky is the more than adequate replacement. This match was far better than it had any right to be given the Raw team. There were a few botched spots early but Hardy and especially Mysterio were really good. Hardy used a twist of fate on Masters and Mysterio pinned him after a springboard splash.

Eugene & Jimmy Snuka vs. Tyson Tomko & Rob Conway is next. Snuka barely outpointed Hacksaw Duggan. Nobody voted for the K-Man. Snuka pinned Conway after a splash off the top rope after Eugene did the rock bottom. Duggan and Kamala ran in to save Snuka from Tomko and Duggan gave Tomko the clothesline. Bad, but kept short.

Carlito vs. Mick Foley as Mankind is next. Mankind won with the socko claw in a short match. Foley did a few things including an elbow off the apron. Crowd wasn't nearly as into this as you'd want for Foley's first match in 18 months. Kind of sad.

Vince "showed up" and yelled at Bischoff for losing the mixed match. Eric said Teddy Long cheated. Vince is tired of the lack of creativity, lack of killer instinct, he's tired of changing all of our diapers. It's no fun watching a guy whose flipped.

Shawn got 46% to 16% for Show and 38% for Kane. Wow, Kane came scary close considering the build-up.

Cade & Murdoch vs. Kane & Show are up next.

Read those above spoilers and tell me this isn't a WCW PPV.

Guest teke184

There's always the chance that the WWF gimmicks the vote.

Meltzer says the voting is legit
That's not to say that the WWE doesn't *manipulate* the results via their booking of certain people in the weeks leading up to the PPV.

For instance, they put HBK over in a match on the RAW before the last Taboo Tuesday so that he could get the match against his buddy Trips.

It would have worked out better if he hadn't gotten HURT in the RAW match though...

There's always the chance that the WWF gimmicks the vote.

Meltzer says the voting is legit
That's not to say that the WWE doesn't *manipulate* the results via their booking of certain people in the weeks leading up to the PPV.

For instance, they put HBK over in a match on the RAW before the last Taboo Tuesday so that he could get the match against his buddy Trips.

It would have worked out better if he hadn't gotten HURT in the RAW match though...

That is why it was suprising Kane almost beat out Shawn

Cade & Murdoch vs. Kane & Show are up next. Show & Kane did a double-choke slam on Cade and Show pinned him to win the titles. I guess Kane isn't taking time off if they're giving him the belts. Then again, these days, who can tell. So-so match.

The women's title is now up in the Battle Royal. It'll be a lingerie match.

Batista vs. Coachman is up next. Street fight match. That was a shock. 4:00 basically three-on-one match with Vader & Goldust. No Mark Henry, so I guess they didn't want to debut him in a loss. Batista with a spinebuster in a nothing match that even featured a Wrestlecrap moment when Batista tried to give Vader a spinebuster. Well, the second one looked okay.

Angle told Michaels that they should take out Cena so they could prove who the real best in the business is. Michaels said he'd think about it. We sure have a ton of time left for just Flair vs. HHH and the three-way with just the Divas Battle Royal that won't last long.

Divas are up next. It's a Battle Royal but you no longer have to go over the top rope. Just knocked out of the ring. Stratus retained the title. Mickie James kept saving Stratus from being eliminated. Came down to those two and Victoria and Mickie James tackled Victoria and both fell through the ropes and eliminated. James did the interview for Stratus and Stratus acted annoyed at her giddiness. Stratus and Victoria did awfully well from having to work in underwear. The others, well, some of the stuff with Maria and Candice was awfully bad.

Flair vs. HHH is up next. I'll go out on a limb and predict the fans vote a cage match.