Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover [R]evolution Reaction Show

soup23

http://placetobenation.com/nxt-takeover-revolution-reaction-show/

Will and company react to NXT’s latest network special and run down the action. Will is joined by Kris Zellner, Phil Schneider (segundacaida.blogspot.com), Pete (Titans of Wrestling) and documentary maker Johnny P (Barbed Wire City). Which tag team looked the best? Should the divas wrestle exclusively on NXT? Did Neville and Zayn deliver a match for the ages? How big of an impact will Kevin Owens have in NXT? We discuss all of this and more, including a preview of the upcoming TLC PPV.

For such a negative group of guys, this may be the most unanimous decision on an event since we started doing reaction shows. Either the creative of WWE should be replaced with the NXT creative or WWE should never be allowed to get its hands on the way NXT is produced. As we said on the show, they need to exist in their own separate universes.

This show peaked with Kris' explanation of Kevin Owens in the beginning. Honest opinion: I've made it about halfway through but the lack of familiarity from a big chunk of the panel in that it's kind of obvious that you guys haven't been watching NXT on a weekly basis made this not as enjoyable to me as these usually are. I do think that Johnny P always gives a good outside voice from what we're used to, but this might not have been the show for it.

Completely disagree with Matt. I enjoyed this show more than most of the reaction shows I've heard/been on, even if I don't completely agree with all of the statements/details of what was said.

One quick note - I thought it was sort of implied by the panel that Charlotte was better than Sasha, but I thought Sasha was the better worker in that match and is the better talent at this point. Curious to see Pete in particular talk about how he would rate Sasha in comparison to Charlotte.

I'm in line with Zellner. I think Sasha is more complete right now. I thought her heeling in the match was real good . In her work I thought this was the best we've seen of her on NXT. I've been impressed with Charlotte in that she has had such a variety of different matches on the specials. She's a special athlete who could turn into an elite worker. Right now I think she's been coached well and been put in positions to deliver in NXT.

I'll be honest that I didn't make it to the main before I got caught up in work. There was a lot to talk about there and I imagine this particular panel would do a good job with the closing angle.

I also may be colored by my enjoyment of the Vaudevillians, though i do agree that they should do more old timey moves.

I just really didn't get much of a sense of understanding of the week to week build here, and that's so much a part of NXT as a studio wrestling show. You can watch a Mid-South Superdome show, but you're going to get a lot more out of it if you saw the TV building up to it. Etc. There was a sense of "So who are these guys?" which is something I'd expect out of let's say an 80s lucha watching party with Loco Zavalo and Climax but wasn't what I was looking for here.

Loved this reaction show, still laughing at him missing the angle, then Phil chiming in.

The SummerSlam when Bryan won the title and Randy Orton cashed in I completely missed that angle and went to bed thinking Bryan was the new star of the company. Woke up the next day to find out Randy Orton was the champ.

I want to explain my stance a little clearer on Charlotte and Sasha. On the week to week t.v Banks is the more complete wrestler especially in personality. On the specials they've done an incredible job in making Charlotte come across as special. Her matches have all been different and really good on the specials. I think Charlotte has been produced really well. She has a lot going for her and has a higher ceiling. Firstly, she has the Flair name, she's an incredible athlete, they want her to be successful, she has a real athletic look, and she is unique in things she can do in the ring.