Pro Wrestling Only

New Japan World is free for February too.

shoe

One thing I haven't heard talked about is how much new archived content have they added since the launch

I believe that they haven't added anything. Their subscription numbers are so low that the only people who have it have got to be current fans.

For all the praise the NJPW interface got at launch time I find the video player to be worse than WWE's, which isn't very good itself (on both OSX and iPad 2). They beat the WWE Network at pretty much every other interface aspect though.

So I tried to sign up, but my debit card didn't go through (my bank put the transaction on hold since i had a previous card used fraudulently and they saw a transaction from Japan and freaked out) so my account's set up but trying to watch any videos leads me back to the payment screen. My bank went back and approved the charge but I still get redirected.

I guess there's probably zero chance there's any way I could contact any English support so I guess I'm SOL.

I got charged Jan. 30th, so I'm assuming that's for Feb. and its not free to regular subscribers. My only complaint with them is the charging seems arbitrary to some extend. I signed up maybe 2 days before Christmas. In came out in three charges (one for $0 actually, and the other two adding up to a little above $8.50. But I got another Charge right around the new year, and with this third charge on Jan. 30th, that means I had to pay the monthly price for a week in Dec. I guess EVERYONE is on the same schedule, regardless of sign up day. Anyone else have that happen? I'm not wealthy, but I'll eat the $8.50 for Dec. However, like others, I do worry about problems with tech, payment, and such because they seem to have no support system for English speakers buying outside of Japan.

One thing I haven't heard talked about is how much new archived content have they added since the launch

I believe that they haven't added anything. Their subscription numbers are so low that the only people who have it have got to be current fans.

For all the praise the NJPW interface got at launch time I find the video player to be worse than WWE's, which isn't very good itself (on both OSX and iPad 2). They beat the WWE Network at pretty much every other interface aspect though.

Their numbers will stay low until they get some apps out in the world. That's what has kept me from subscribing. Too many easier-to-use services that I already subscribe to.

Their numbers will stay low until they get some apps out in the world. That's what has kept me from subscribing. Too many easier-to-use services that I already subscribe to.

there's an android app for playing the videos. you still go to the website to access them, but then once you start playing them it opens them in a NJPW World player app.

Per the Observer update
--For those who don't know it, there is a free trial of the New Japan World network. At https://njpwworld.com/signup on the top left corner Captain New Japan has a link that says "free trial click here." At the bottom of the page you can translate the pages into English

Can this only be viewed on a PC or is it on other media platforms like Roku?

There seem to be a few new uploads, but they aren't brilliantly promoted. There's a few older Inoki matches (including in Brazil) that don't appear to have been up at launch. There's also a "we ask on Twitter what matches people want to see" section: http://njpwworld.com/pg/t_twitter_02

Well spotted. Andre vs Inoki in Brazil, Inoki vs Pak Song Nam in South Korea, a match from Pakistan (it may be the one where he breaks Pahawan's arm, I don't know) and unless I missed it, Inoki vs Flair and Hokuto vs Nakano from Pyongyang are there as well. Around the world with Inoki, if you will.