Pro Wrestling Only

James Mason

Grimmas

I love Mason but then I enjoy the happy clappy ASW style. I like the way he plods around the ring, pulling at his straps chipper as a chimney sweeper. He just oozes old school. I'd put the likes of Robbie Dynamite above him but he's certainly not someone I'd write off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=3&list=UUK7K1c0TLzKY0gVJqT1xeLA&v=5-su5mp39G4

This All Star tag is awesome and one of my favourite matches anywhere in the world a couple of years back. It's WOS meets southern tag. All four guys are fabulous.

Mason is very, very good when he's on. Probably my favorite guy in the UK scene actually. But he's so self contained that to me it would feel weird to include him in something like this. In a way he is a victim of where he works which I hate, but I just can't picture him on a top 100 guy, just as it would be hard for me to rate someone like Kyle Matthews.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that taking his villainous work into account? He wrestles in that role at quite a few shows now and it's marvellous. He gets buku heat, is fantastic at showing arse and things like stooging for old ladies, and has some terrific comedy spots he slips into it. I think he's much underrated as a baddy. It's good in so much as James Mason wrestles different than Tagori, and Tagori's a different wrestler to his unmasked heel "Thunderbolt" James Mason stuff.

• 3 months later...