Pro Wrestling Only

Can a WO reader confirm this?

Loss

Guest teke184

I don't think anyone from the main office, save Jim Ross, has EVER agreed with how OVW was booked.

Not when Cornette was booking it, not when Tommy Dreamer was booking it during Cornette's sabbatical, and not while Heyman has been booking it.

OVW is now a means to an end for Steph to screw over Heyman.

If she does that, I'll enjoy what TNA will be able to do with Heyman on their side... not necessarily as a booker as much as a personality with good mic skills and the loyalty of a solid Internet audience.

Yeah, OVW has been a sore point for awhile. The front office managed to give Jim Cornette a breakdown by fucking over all the talent after they left and the whole Boogeyman thing. Actually managing to drive Cornette away from wrestling even for a short while takes a special kind of idiocy.

Stephanie has had a personal grudge against Heyman for a while, so I'm not surprised to hear she still wants him fired. The mind boggles at how stupid it will be when WWE either fires Heyman or lets his contract run out, considering TNA is building steam to potentially pose a challenge in the near future.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but how do they want OVW to be booked? More midgets and penis jokes?

I swear, I watched the Tolands....err "The Dicks" on Velocity and I wanted to cry. They were facing jobbers, but they looked real sharp and ready for prime time....yet all the announcers could comment on was "they must be brothers, the only other way you could have the same last name is if they were married". That and being way too obvious that someone was in their headsets telling them to mention the name "Dick" every five seconds with emphasis.

Guest EastCoastJ

It's true, and it's funny that Stephanie McMahon and Brian Gerwitz can hate the way that OVW is being booked when it has been mentioned in the past that Stephanie doesn't even watch Heat and Velocity, let alone follow the creative aspect of the developmental territory. It seems like everytime she was supposed to actually head to Louisville in the last two years, something has come up last minute that has conveniently prevented her from even having to be down there. It seems like she definitely just has it in for Heyman. It's a shame that if Paul Heyman was given control of Raw for six months and Jim Cornette was given control of Smackdown for six months, there is a good chance everything would turn totally around, but politics are so heavy that the two best creative minds in American wrestling are both stuck in a hole in Kentucky, one fired the other trying not to be.

Sounds like petty jealousy and insecurity to me. It must eat Stephanie up inside when she hears about Dave Meltzer praising OVW TV shows so highly, while criticising Raw and Smackdown so regularly. And if Heyman is re-signed later this year there is always the chance that if Vince gets desparate enough he'll bring Heyman back who won't be shy to tell him when Steph's ideas are crap.

At least I hope that's the case. I hope she isn't so clueless or deluded to believe Heyman's booking in OVW is genuinely horrible.

From her point of view, I can see why OVW booking would seem horrible. It's obvious she hates old school style wrestling, and that's the vibe you get watching OVW TV. It's the complete polar oppposite of what you see on WWE TV.

In a twisted way, she has a point since being in a well booked TV show in no way prepares a guy for working with WWE.

Guest Famous Mortimer

From the little OVW I've seen (early this year, a couple of months worth) it was booked beautifully. Every feud seemed to mean something, the build was great and it achieved what must be the primary aim of wrestling TV- to make you want to watch next week.

Don't know what Heyman is up to but by all accounts he's handling things well and I'm interested to see what he's done. But surely they'd keep him employed to stop him from going to TNA? He doesn't have to be on camera and if he's got a solid crowd of people to book for, he'll be fine. Accentuating the positive and protecting the negative better than just about any booker ever.

Stephanie doesn't even watch Heat and Velocity, let alone follow the creative aspect of the developmental territory. It seems like everytime she was supposed to actually head to Louisville in the last two years, something has come up last minute that has conveniently prevented her from even having to be down there.

It's even funnier when you consider that through all of that, she DID have enough time to do a random episode of fucking MTV's Punk'd.