Pro Wrestling Only

Great American Bash - The Missing Years

kayfabe1984

This is an upcoming topic on the NHO Podcast but wanted to get some thoughts from others as well ...

In 1993 and 1994 there were no Great American Bash pay-per-views, but what if there were? What cards would you put together for those shows that would fit within the time period of WCW? I'm really interested to see what everyone comes up with. Some of these will even be read on the podcast when it's recorded in a few weeks.

Clash of the Champions had shows in June those years. I'd say pretty much both of those, tweaked up a little more for the PPV audience.

Yes, but what would you add to or change on those cards to make them PPV worthy?

The cards for a 1993 & 1994 Bashes would have been 1993 Beach Blast and 1994 Bash at the Beach. Those were the July PPV.

In 1995, they kept the Bash at the Beach and brought the GAB name back for a new June PPV.

I see what you did there. However, wouldn't it be more apt to compare Beach Blast to Bash at the Beach? Same basic idea (and logo for that matter).

Clash of the Champions had shows in June those years. I'd say pretty much both of those, tweaked up a little more for the PPV audience.

Yes, but what would you add to or change on those cards to make them PPV worthy?

Without watching them on the Network I can't give specifics now, but for at least the 93 show hype the hell out of Flair's in-ring return.

GAB 1993:

1. Too Cold Scorpio/ Marcus Bagwell vs. Arn Anderson/Paul Roma - Good energetic opener that allows the heel team to go over and look impressive in doing so

2. Paul Orndorff vs. Johnny B. Badd - Solid TV title bout with Paul winning here

3. Sid Vicious vs. Ron Simmons

4. Ric Flair vs. Bobby Eaton - Flair return bout and still potraying that tweener role

5. Hollywood Blondes vs. Steamboat/Regal - Regal is a face going in, heel coming out

6. Dustin Rhodes vs. Rick Rude - Time limit draw setting up iron man match at Beach Blast

7. Vader vs. Cactus Jack - Jack return in non-title street fight

8. Sting vs. Davey Boy Smith - #1 Contendership for Heavyweight Title

I had Badd playing the defacto face but I liked that in regards to the tv title match at times, you had less face/heel stuff and guys just going out to win a belt. Also, those were the only two guys I for sure wanted on the show that I wanted a spot.

I agree Arn in the tag is a little iffy but him stooging and freaking out at Scorps aerial moves would be amusing and I wanted to keep everything logical to where they actually went at Beach Blast 93.