Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not a problem Rain. I just posted my weekend results for the WWF. I have been slammed with work but I think I keep everything going with the quick results. Just keep doing work.

If Boon or Gene aren't able to come back over the next Month... we may look to do a different kind of trade draft for their rosters... you would need to give up someone to draft someone and you wouldn't be able to put jobbers in, they would have to be legit roster spots for you. Something I am toying with to keep their rosters afloat in case someone else pops up. This would be separate from the Fresh Face draft.

I will keep you guys posted.

Whatever you need to do, I'm on board with this. Would suck to lose 2 potentially good territories.

Just something that popped in my head, another thing I thought about: if Boon and Gene can't continue, could it be feasible to treat guys from Memphis & Smokey Mountain a bit like freelancers? Like for instance, if the AWA would love to use Jerry Lawler for or if USWA would like to use Jeff Jarrett, could we also have the option, let's say to use those guys for x amount of dates? It could be useful if we have short-term angles in mind. And besides, if someone pops up after Boon & Gene tell us they can't continue and they wanna take over Memphis and/or Smokey Mountain fairly shortly afterwards, could be less of a headache. I know it did for me when I took over Detroit and moved it to Montreal.

• 3 weeks later...

My TV episode this week will be slightly delayed as I'm missing a segment to put on my show and I gotta wait for this one to go on-air with another territory before I can post my show. As soon as it is, TV will be posted.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try to draw some people to join the board via Twitter so we can fill our available territories like Memphis (and others if possible) and get more players to join in.

My apologies for getting my stuff out later than usual. I thought I had everything planned out, then sickness sinks in (along with Jury Duty) and well, like they say...the best laid plans. I am working on making this more of a priority as far as getting stuff out on time. But like I said, my apologies for getting things out later than usual.

I have got a guy who I know that may come in as well. So if we do have 3 of them, then we could do a supplemental draft in which each of us gives up one or two guys maybe and then they draft from the free agents and the rosters of memphis and southeastern. If it is only the two, then we could do something similar. Let's give it a week from today and see where they are at and if they want to come in and we can make a decision from there.

I'm sure I can give up 2 or 3 guys from my roster for a possible draft. Since I'm gonna refill those spots with the Fresh Faces draft, that won't be a problem for me.

I think that is the best way to look at it.

I know Grimmas had the 95 project be a place where the indies in the lower level got the fresh faces... and while that could be true here... I tend to think that with the "territory" system there would have been scouts and guys to pick up like a young Sting or Lex Luger in order to get them into a promotion and have them build. Either way would work to be honest but we can keep this direction and perhaps look to change it in the future.