Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get well soon.

I wanna say I am blown away by how easy it has been to work with everybody so far. You guys have not been merely willing to work together, but enthusiastic, generous, and helpful. The 1985 NJPW Tag Festival is going to be nuts. I'm already pretty close to having teams from every promotion take part in the first round.

Thank you all.

What does everybody want to see out of the old stable and solid CMLL?

You'll get maybe 3-4 mask matches a year (I'm thinking like one a quarter) and the slow title defenses (like each title twice a year) as a given.

I'm thinking of a bigger angle with the UWA rudos, but we'll see. Might be too ridiculous for CMLL.

One thing you will get back is the lucha skits! If anybody remembers El Satanico appearing as the King on a chess board or Super Porky dreaming of eating a sandwich, expect a lucha skit on each tv. I hope.

I'm willing to send over a few young lions from All Japan to CMLL if you want a few.

I hope to be writing as soon as late Dec for Jan 1st. I had a major Shoulder replacement and I'm really unable to do anything but " 1 finger type" currently. We are open to work with all promotions and see All Japan as a true independent. We except all WWF/NWA/AWA champions and title matches and can help out with the booking also, We will also be willing to push your mid-carder into an upper mid-card role for All Japan also.

My year end show is an awards show for USWA:

Rookie of the Year

Tag Team of the Year

6 Man Tag Team of the Year

Feud of the Year

Match of the Year

Most Hated Wrestler

Most Popular

Wrestler of the Year

Is done, just waiting for the a few days to post.

I think this is something we could do as a whole group next year for like PWI.

I say the whole year because we could put Nominations up throughout the year and then keep a running track of the big ones.

In the process of getting caught up, would the members of the project object be all right if the AWA maintained open communication and individual working relationships with both New Japan and All Japan (whoever ends up taking over)? I know this isn't, strictly speaking, realistic, but it works with how I try to run my territory as a major independent.

Looks like Bierschwale is going to jump into All Japan. Be on the look out for his messages in regards to tours and such.

I want to apologize about the touring things off the bat here... the resource I used only had the said tours on it... so I know with more tours it is a little bit more difficult to try and keep a hold of talent and such.

In regards to the tours again... on the 1985 page... we will update it to keep everyone up to date as who is going to be touring with which company and when. Be on the lookout for that as we continue to update things around here heading into 1985!