Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc/Kamala vs Butch Reed/King Parsons

The match told a story. The problem I had was the guys were content to sit in rest holds until it was time to start working spots. The match started out with a spriritted brawling. It settles down and Butch owns Doc and Kamala to start.I really loved Reed's arm pit punches. Parson's in with a standing headbutt to Doc's arm.Parson's was guilty of using the armbar to sit, but would work spots around it. Butch is in and is still working the arm. So we got a lot of that throughout the match. Eventuall we build to the finish. 2 1/4*

Street vs McCord

This was an extended squash, but boy was this fun. A total showcase for Street. We see him plant a kiss on McCord and then just work every body part. He worked the leg, arm, manipulated joints. He used nasty knees, and elbows. He just treated McCord like he owes Street a lot of money. McCord got a flash of offense in and the crowd erupts. Street wins though with a leg grapevine pin. Fun stuff and worth watching.

Just a random post here but I just read a review on this forum about a Brisco/Race match from Houston 11/9/73. Has anyone else seen this match? I'm shocked someone has footage of it and it wouldn't surprise me if Boesch taped it since he didn't tape the July match.

Okay guys. The latest hard drive has arrived. And I am maybe only 25% into the content - but this is what we have so far: (help me out with dates guys!)

DICK MURDOCH vs. ALBERTO MADRIL (2 out of 3 Falls)

DALE VALENTINE (Buddy Roberts) vs. SPOILER (with Gary Hart) / 2 out of 3 Falls 2/9/79

TIGER CONWAY SR. and JR. vs. MARK LEWIN / GARY HART 2/9/79

ICHIBAN (with Gary Hart) vs. TIGER CONWAY JR. November 24, 1978

BULL RAMOS vs. RANDY BREWER

DUSTY RHODES vs. BILL WHITE 12/1/78

promo - ERNIE LADD / TIGER CONWAY JR.

BULL RAMOS vs. MARK LEWIN / 2 out of 3 Falls for the Brass Knucks Title - blood! 12/15/78

NICK KOZAK vs. GINO HERNANDEZ (masked after hair match)

DUSTY RHODES vs. TANK PATTON / 2 out of 3 Falls

Texas Hwt. Title / 2 out of 3 Falls - GINO HERNANDEZ (with Gary Hart) vs. the Original SICODELICO! 5/9/80

promo - HARLEY RACE

promo - MIL MASCARAS

promo - BRUISER BRODY

promo - ANDRE THE GIANT

SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM (shaved head) vs. TIGER CONWAY JR.

MARK LEWIN vs. TIGER CONWAY JR. / 2 out of 3 Falls 1/19/79

GARY HART vs. MIKE THE BIG 'UN (Mark Lewin interferes)

GREG VALENTINE (babyface - with Johnny at ringside) vs. GINO HERNANDEZ / 2 out of 3 Falls

ALBERTO MADRIL vs. GINO HERNANDEZ

STRETCHER MATCH - OX BAKER (babyface) vs. GINO HERNANDEZ / 2 out of 3 Falls

PEPPER GOMEZ vs. MARK LEWIN

WORLD MIDGET TITLE - LORD LITTLEBROOK vs. BOBO JOHNSON / 2 out of 3 Falls

KILLER BROOKS vs. JOSE LOTHARIO / 2 out of 3 Falls

GREG VALENTINE (babyface) vs. ICHIBAN

JOSE LOTHARIO vs. GINO HERNANDEZ (masked)

8-MAN TAG! RICKY MORTON / KEN LUCAS / JIMMY GOLDEN / SCOTT CASEY vs. SUPERSTAR GRAHAM / BOB SWEETAN / KILLER BROOKS / HACKSAW DUGGAN

INDIAN STRAP MATCH - WAHOO vs. TULLY

IVAN KOLOFF vs. TONY ATLAS 9/5/80

MANNY FERNANDEZ vs. MIL MASCARAS

JIMMY SNUKA vs. KEN PATERA / 2 out of 3 Falls

LAWMAN DON SLATTON vs. TIGER CONWAY JR.

SPOILER vs. TOM JONES

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. SUGAR BEAR HARRIS (pre-Kamala!)

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. EL HALCON 9/5/80

SPOILER vs. EL HALCON 7/13/79

JOSE LOTHARIO / PEPPER GOMEZ vs. MARK LEWIN / SPOILER 5/4/79

I'm sure everyone is horribly busy for some reason or another, but I can speak for them when I say that I'm actively excited about almost every single one of those matches.

Ok, not Ivan Koloff vs Tony Atlas. But just about everything else! Actually, I want to see Ivan Koloff vs Tony Atlas too. Who am I kidding?

and it's maybe 1/4 of what's contained on the hard drive! What else is there? HARLEY RACE vs. MIL MASCARAS? How interesting to see the original SICODELICO - brother of DOS CARAS and MIL MASCARAS! more DUSTY and GINO HERNANDEZ content - JOSE LOTHARIO - SPOILER! Even SUGAR BEAR HARRIS before he developed the Kamala gimmick.

Folks - this is pro wrestling history - plain and simple - preserved the way it should be - unchanged.

Ted Dibiase vs Hacksaw Duggan LLT cage match

This is pretty great. This is such a great feud. We start out with Ted stomping a mud hole into Duggan. Dibiase misses a charge into the corner and Duggan starts his comeback. The ring ropes breaks and Duggan uses it as a weapon. Dibiase returns the favor and beats Duggan down with the ring ropes. Dibiase is so great here at getting heat. He uses his punches so spot on here. He makes them mean so much. Loving how Ted works the cut. Ted has really one of the best fist drops ever. Duggan's come back is huge. The crowd is with him something fierce. Now Ted's bleeding. In a last second act of desperation, Ted loads the glove. Duggan gets the load and KO's Ted. 4*

Ted Dibiase/Matt Borne vs JYD/Mr. Wrestling 2 2/25/83

I thought this was tremendous. Ted is bumping big for the Dog. Borne takes this awesome looking bump through the ropes. I'm sure he learned this from Rose since it was a signature bump of Buddy's. The shine here is so good. Both JYD and Mr. Wrestling 2 have tons of charisma. On top of it the heels are doing some grade A stooging. Finally they cut off 2 and get some good heat on him. The crowd is totally behind 2. Dibiase and Borne come across as a top level team. They build to a chaotic finish. 3 3/4*

Tully vs Wahoo is up. 7 and a half minutes of awesome. The way they use the strap is so damn novel, both Tully's offense throughout the match and the way they set up the last transition/finish. Stop what you're doing and check it out. Tully's reactions were just so amazing. Hell, everything Tully did in this match was amazing and Wahoo wrestled it pretty much perfectly too.

• Loss unpinned this topic