Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, new design. Nice improvement.

Do we have to sign up again? Does my existing subscription work?

If anyone is waking up, the new match uploaded before the new site was Gino Hernandez vs Tiger Conway Nov 30 1979.

I think i see a new Jose Lothario promo too.

Gino vs Tiger

This is blond haired Gino. Their is a chant going at Gino. Loving Tiger's arm drags early. Gino on his bike and Tiger goes outside. Back in Tiger teases a a ball shot. The crowd is all over Gino. Tiger trying to spin out of this. He does. Gino bumps huge to floor. Gino tosses Tiger to the floor. He struts and does some KOTM spots. It totally seems they're building to the draw. The final few minutes gets really hot. Gino was incredible in his bumping. 2 1/2*

- Finally got to sign in which was a pain in the ass but got it figured out. If anyone needs help just ask.

- I hope they add a 'recently added' section, I don't think we want to search the whole site for new matches.

- Like the layout, just what I wanted with the thumbnails, but I wished they had included the dates but they will be on the video anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.

It's going to take a little bit of getting used to (and to figure out what site to go to directly instead of just the landing page). I was still having trouble with my tablet (and it's an older tablet so that's probably on me). I think I've got it now that I figured out I need to turn the thing around a couple of time to access search/video. I didn't get to the end of the process last night because I needed the PC to reset the password. I'll test it full on tonight. It did work fine on my phone, though.

I'm pretty sure a "Recently Added" section has to be coming.

The NWA sale doesn't affect the site at all. Bruce already said that on his Facebook page.

I just read that. That is great news. New pricing feature as well as a Roku app!

Is there a Roku app? I cant find anything related to this. I've been waiting nearly 2 years for that.

1978 fan I've been using the Tubio app . I stream it from my I phone to my Roku.

Thank you shoe! I never heard of this but just downloaded Tubio to my phone and got You Tube to stream to my Roku - next stop NWA On Demand!

No problem man. I've been trying to pass on the app to anyone who has been wanting it on Roku.

- Finally got to sign in which was a pain in the ass but got it figured out. If anyone needs help just ask.

- I hope they add a 'recently added' section, I don't think we want to search the whole site for new matches.

- Like the layout, just what I wanted with the thumbnails, but I wished they had included the dates but they will be on the video anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.

Recently added is now on the website.

3 new matches from the 8/14/81 card.

I just watched Spoiler v Tiger. What a good solid match this was. Tiger is really turning into a great midcard worker.

Midget match was great as always.

Midget tag should be fun.

Spoiler vs Tiger Conway Jr

I've liked both of these guys on the footage so I'm looking forward to it. Thesz is the ref. This doesn't feel like the Spoiler. He seems shorter. It's him by looking at his nose. I'm liking the grappling. Tiger after the mask.Back breaker by the Spoiler. He's now working the back. Ax handles to the back by the Spoiler. Irish whip Tiger's back into the corner. Tiger on a comeback. Peppering him with punches. Loved Tiger headbutting and working the Spoiler's claw hand. Spoiler immediately cuts him off. Spoler with a stomach claw, but Tiger makes it to the outside. Stomach claw again. Then moves it to the head claw, but Tiger's head is made of cement.Now it's head butts vs the stomach claw. Flying head butt gets 3 for Tiger. A fun match 2 1/2*

You're right Shoe, this was not Don Jardine. Don has a tattoo on the top of his left wrist.

I think it might be Siegfried Stanke who wrestled as The Spoiler in Southwest Championship Wrestling around this time.

I appreciated that he made an attempt to work like the Spoiler what with the stomach claw used so heavily and some of the top rope offense (though not much). I always hate when you get a fake Destroyer who doesn't work at all like the Destroyer, for instance.

I'm only through the singles midget match but I love how we see spots in these that we've never seen before. It really does feel like the circus coming around every year and having to change up the act at least a little. Boesch really seemed to appreciate it as well with his "There IS something new under the sun!" line.

Tully vs Tiger

This is for the Southwest Heavyweight title. Some quick back and forth early. Tully running from the hammerlock is awesome. Tully is great stooging for Tiger. Tiger in control with the headlock. Tuilly is great at trying for escapes. Tully maneuvers Tiger into a backbreaker. Tully with a headbutt into the bread basket.A Flying head scissors takes Tully over. Tiger trys again, but misses. This sets up Tiger getting pinned

2nd fall and Tully is all over Tiger. Tiger with several elbows to the ribs. Tully cuts him off with his own knee. Tiger has

Tully on the run. Tiger has Tully reeling. Tiger with a headbutt to the leg. Tiger just beating on Tully. Tiger with those headbutts. Their are a lot of momentum shifts in this match.Tully reverses an Irish whip, but it's not enough. Tiger with a flying spear gets 3.

3rd fall and Tiger pushes his advantage. Tully uses an ankle pick to sneak a choke in. Tiger with a great hope spot for 2. Tully eats an Atomic Drop.Their was a lot of momentum shifts. Which allows it to feel more modern in structure. Great nearfalls by Tiger. Tiger goes for his finish, but misses. Tully rolls him up for the 3. 4*

/

I haven't had a lot of time to comment. I was really high on Tiger vs Tully too. I think we've been underrating Tiger a bit. There's a way he slips into holds that feels so natural. Very little in that match seemed rote or staged or like something they'd done a thousand times. It was all organic pieces, capitalizing on specific moments, even if it meant that they came at something in a slightly unique angle or in an order that was a little unorthodox. That layered a believably onto everything, bolstered by the selling and the reactions. It's the sort of thing you get out of a match from 1981 that you'd almost never see in even the best matches today.

And Nick, I do wonder if it's a case that main events were just on different reels? Maybe they weren't aired as much as a way to drive people to go to the live show? They'd air everything but the main events sometimes? (even if he had them). It does feel like we haven't been getting those main events lately. The Gino vs Wahoo match from this show, for instance, was the one that Boesch was talking about the next week, lauding Gino for how tough he was and how much he bled. Obviously, I want Wahoo vs Bockwinkel as much as anyone in the world, and Funk vs Wahoo sounds as good as anything we've gotten. That's not to say we haven't gotten great stuff, the Duo vs Casey/Tiger and Tully vs Tiger matches were both 4* from Pete, and well deserved. The midget stuff was great (again, with a bunch of different and unique spots), and I enjoyed Robinson vs Dory too, especially Boesch's commentary.

But boy do those main events ever sound great.

• Loss unpinned this topic