Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/20 - 7/26

Strummer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Brock/Taker brawl was spectacular. Made the most out of a common angle and the match feels like a huge deal now . Throwing a little shade at it, its very clear from looking at who was involved in keeping them apart that the only people on the roster that matter are Reigns, Orton, Cena, Wyatt (and Harper), maybe Rusev for some reason. Anyone else I'm missing? Everyone else was out there as part of the job squad keeping the main eventers from getting their hands on each other -- Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, etc.

That Brock/Taker brawl was spectacular. Made the most out of a common angle and the match feels like a huge deal now . Throwing a little shade at it, its very clear from looking at who was involved in keeping them apart that the only people on the roster that matter are Reigns, Orton, Cena, Wyatt (and Harper), maybe Rusev for some reason. Anyone else I'm missing? Everyone else was out there as part of the job squad keeping the main eventers from getting their hands on each other -- Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, etc.

Rusev was out there too

Yeah a little worrisome that you put Kevin Owens in the same circle with Bo Dallas and Jack Swagger and the Ascension

It is a little encouraging that Taker can do that segment without passing out from exhaustion or a number of other issues. Now hoping Taker doesn't cut a concussion in the first 2 minutes like last time

I realized watching that segment that WWE officially isn't for me, and that's too bad. All I could think after a legitimately great segment was that it shows how they see Cesaro, Rusev and Owens when they are lumped in with the rest of those guys. I'd rather just enjoy a great angle like that, so I think it's just passed me by. I'm too jaded. At least I still love the old stuff.

I realized watching that segment that WWE officially isn't for me, and that's too bad. All I could think after a legitimately great segment was that it shows how they see Cesaro, Rusev and Owens when they are lumped in with the rest of those guys. I'd rather just enjoy a great angle like that, so I think it's just passed me by. I'm too jaded. At least I still love the old stuff.

That's a perfectly logical, acceptable complaint though. I thought the segment was great and depressing at the same time

Oh come on. Was it really in question whether those guys are a tier or more below two legends/part timers? The angle is supposed to be that it takes an entire company to hold them apart...rather poorly. That is how much they hate each other. Now that said, I turned the television off after that not because Kevin Owens was in the ring holding them apart with everyone else but because Taker is already being booked too strongly. This is a fifty years old man who had nothing left a year ago when he got wrecked by Brock. Summerslam main event or not, they shouldnt be rolling around in an even stevens way. It should be Brock smashing him into the mat til only blood puddle is left.

That's a perfectly logical, acceptable complaint though. I thought the segment was great and depressing at the same time

I really don't think it is a "logical, acceptable" fan complaint. When you get your most enjoyment out of watching wrestling are you just watching it as a fan or as an armchair booker? If you can't watch WWE and NOT be an armchair booker you're probably not going to enjoy it.

The segment was depressing BECAUSE of how much effort was put into it. You know when their heart is into it and they feel somebody is worth their time they can produce amazing stuff. Why can't they do angles like that with someone like Sheamus or Ambrose? Somebody who needs it?

The segment was depressing BECAUSE of how much effort was put into it. You know when their heart is into it and they feel somebody is worth their time they can produce amazing stuff. Why can't they do angles like that with someone like Sheamus or Ambrose? Somebody who needs it?

Because no one buys them being so supercharged it takes a company to break them up?

Because no one buys them being so supercharged it takes a company to break them up?

I don't buy that it takes 30 guys to separate 2 guys anyway, even if one is Brock Lesnar. Especially when you have guys like Henry, Swagger and Rusev in there. It's wrestling. It's the promotions duty to make you buy into whatever their presenting.

The reason why nobody would buy something like that with a Sheamus type is that they don't even fucking try.

The inclusion of Cesaro, Rusev and Owens wouldn't have bugged me if Cena, Orton, The Shield and Bray Wyatt were also included. When they left them out, it was clear they did so because they see them as more important than the other three. Like I said, I put it on me, not WWE.

I'm not even sure it's really WWE's fault, but when I see hierarchy in other wrestling companies, it makes wrestling more fun and creates intrigue. When I see hierarchy in WWE, it doesn't come across as hierarchy so much as it comes across as high school cliques with the "real" stars sitting at the popular table.

I don't buy that it takes 30 guys to separate 2 guys anyway, even if one is Brock Lesnar. Especially when you have guys like Henry, Swagger and Rusev in there. It's wrestling. It's the promotions duty to make you buy into whatever their presenting.

The reason why nobody would buy something like that with a Sheamus type is that they don't even fucking try.

I agree the onus is on the company to make these guys more important but that kind of angle? It is something you have to earn. I have never ever seen them book upper midcarders or even lower tier main eventers in an angle like that. It's always been guys like Austin, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar etc. They were the only guys that the angle was right to be used for in today's storylines. But again, yes the WWae needs to get people over to the point they can do that stuff. They failed.

Loss, I do understand what you are saying and you are right in that excluding a few names means they are above the dirty grunt work, I know. But lets say in kayfabe, you are Triple H. Are you really going to tell John Cena to go out there and risk injury to himself in an issue that has nothing to do with him? He is a moneymaker. In sports, those guys aren't running wind sprints with everyone else. They are in a tub playing with their iPads. It's just the way things go in life. When you reach a certain status you are afforded more respect and given more perks and leeway.