Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/20 - 7/26

Strummer

Right. Everyone of a certain tier are going to get the perks. In real life they gave Cena, Orton, Punk after the summer of Punk angle/contract renewal, and few others got tour buses. Everyone else goes in rental cars. They pretty much treat them exactly how they treat them on television. This is something that is completely accurately portrayed of real life. Sports stars (more than one at least per teams) get more than the nickel and dime guys. In UFC if they ever, god forbid, had a pullapart brawl, Dana is not going to have his top fighters involved. They make him money. So do the top tier guys of the WWE for Vince.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an...interesting segment hying the Jake Gyllenhaal boxing movie. They've done plenty of product placement and other promo segments before - bad comedy segments for Sonic or Burger King, HHH's WrestleMania entrance - but I don't know if they've done a straight-up commercial with what looked like WWE production.

I've been saying it and now I'll fucking shout it: Rusev is not being buried and he'll be better of without Lana. Rusev making Summer Rae start dressing and wearing her hair like Lana is good stuff.

They're gonna turn Rusev babyface & put him back with Lana. That's what I feel this is all building up to. Dress Summer up as Lana because Rusev misses Lana. Lana fights Summer because she still likes Rusev & is jealous. Summer will turn on Rusev & Lana will fight her off. Just like Savage/Liz/Sherri.

Rusev was left in a 3-v-1 tonight & ate all the offense. He's gonna get sympathy.

So it took nearly the entire roster to hold back a 50 year old man with a bad knee?

I don't mind pull apart brawls, but I have always believed that these types of brawls should keep the top guys out. The Tag Team Champions should not have been out there. Cesaro, Rusev, Ambrose and KO should not have been out there. Mark Henry (you know- THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN) should not have been out there. Big Show, Cena, Orton, Reigns, and Wyatt all not being out there was smart. Save the pull apart brawls for Ryder,Axel, Sandow, Dallas,Slater, Fernando, Diego, Swagger..you know...THE GUYS THE COMPANY ARE DOING NOTHING WITH. Those are the guys who should be jobbing and made to look like fools.You toss those guys out there and maybe The Ascension, R-Truth, J&J Security, and a whole bunch of refs and other 'officials' and WWE can easily claim that the WWE locker room wasn't very effective in seperating the brawling parts without making people look bad in the process.

I also agree that guns should have been pulled on Lesnar. WWE needs some shocking moments and that would have been it. It would have put Lesnar over and also provided an 'Oh Shit!' moment for the viewing audience. Remember the gasp when the cops pulled guns on Hogan on an episode of Nitro? WCW immediately cut away. TNA even had a good roster brawl one day when the police showed up and Cute Kip (Billy Gunn) was left to clean up after everyone. WWE should bring back some edge (and not in the Russo way) to the product. This has been my main issue with some of the WWE's "Lesnar is a Monster" segments. The premise is good, but the overall details are completely ignored while WWE makes sure to hit only the major bullet points.

Re: Rusev

It's amazing that Rusev is a heel looking solely at the way he has been booked for the last two years or so. He is being booked like Hogan and yet some how (despite his heroic efforts in matches) still comes off like a heel. Its amazing the fans haven't gotten behind him yet. Last night was another great expect of WWE booking Rusev like a face (which some how manges to keep him heel). In all honesty, I would like to see more of this bizzaro booking as we have seen faces act like heels (Hogan,Cena), but never a heel be a true-blood babyface.

Actually I was just wanting to get a Saito joke in with the guns drawn thing. I don't think they should have actually done that. People freaked out during the Austin/Pillman thing and it would get 10x more of a reaction these days with everyone posting gifs and memes all over social media.

So the second hour popped a huge rating and then they immediately fell back down for the third. I wonder at what point the light bulb goes on for Vince that the only guys people give a shit about are stars from before the "WWE brand sells the show" era. I know he's deathly afraid of someone leaving to become a bigger star elsewhere (look at Cena's comments on TMZ saying he won't leave WWE even if his movie career takes off), but it's killing his business.

Actually I was just wanting to get a Saito joke in with the guns drawn thing. I don't think they should have actually done that. People freaked out during the Austin/Pillman thing and it would get 10x more of a reaction these days with everyone posting gifs and memes all over social media.

I was talking with a buddy about an hour ago and he said the same thing about the guns. Perhaps just batons and maybe a cop or two pulling out a taser.

So the second hour popped a huge rating and then they immediately fell back down for the third. I wonder at what point the light bulb goes on for Vince that the only guys people give a shit about are stars from before the "WWE brand sells the show" era. I know he's deathly afraid of someone leaving to become a bigger star elsewhere (look at Cena's comments on TMZ saying he won't leave WWE even if his movie career takes off), but it's killing his business.

That just makes me think that they'll do even more of a double-down on milking the past and forsaking the future.

If I'm WWE, I'm alarmed by that rating. The second hour with the Brock-Taker angle did 4 million viewers, which is admittedly better than the last few weeks, but still, the show overall was the lowest-rated non-4th of July summer RAW since 1997. If you think the same numbers just aren't possible in today's climate, think again. Just last year, Batista's first appearance back drew 6 million viewers. They have made some choices since the beginning of 2014 that have driven people away.

I don't have the numbers breakdown but I would put the blame on the booking of Rollins' title reign. He's given way too much time on the show, usually saying the same shit. He's not a guy who needs 30+ minutes of talking every show.

The second hour with the Brock-Taker angle did 4 million viewers, which is admittedly better than the last few weeks, but still, the show overall was the lowest-rated non-4th of July summer RAW since 1997.

And at the time, shitloads of viewer were watching WCW at the same time. Where are all those wrestling fans gone ? … Oh yeah, Vince could never get them back, despite being a "promoting genius".

The WWE Universe is shrinking.

I don't have the numbers breakdown but I would put the blame on the booking of Rollins' title reign. He's given way too much time on the show, usually saying the same shit. He's not a guy who needs 30+ minutes of talking every show.

it's kind of funny because obviously the guy's strength is his wrestling. he was the workhorse of the Shield and yet since the breakup they've positioned him as the "architect" and he during his title reign he talks all the time and barely wrestles.