Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour August 1983

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday 8/18 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Jackson, Mississippi – Mississippi Coliseum

The Fantastics defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

El Bracero defeated Paul Peller

The German Destroyers defeated Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones

Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo defeated Steve O

Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard defeated Mr. Wrestling II

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

ThunderBolt Patterson & Mil Mascaras defeated The Wild Samoans w/ The Grand Wizard via DQ

STREET FIGHT

Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah The Butcher

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog defeated Ted Dibiase

Friday 8/19 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Houston, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

El Bracero defeated Pete Sanchez

Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

Steve O defeated Tiger Chung Lee when Tojo accidently hit Lee!

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers via DQ!

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario defeated Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts when Apollo pinned Eddy Mansfield!

Mil Mascaras defeated Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard defeated Mr. Wrestling II & Thunderbolt Patterson when the Grand Wizard nailed Patterson with a title belt!

SIX-MAN TAG

Jim Duggan & The Fabulous Ones defeated Tully Blanchard, David Von Erich & Killer Khan when Hacksaw Duggan pinned Killer Khan!

MAIN EVENT

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

The Junkard Dog defeated Ted Dibiase © with the THUMP! The call was reversed when another referee came out to let the head referee know about Ted Dibiase hitting his head on the exposed turnbuckle (that Dibiase exposed!). This almost caused a riot as the fans were extremely unhappy with this decision!

I like seeing the main event feud from SW featured. The Fantastics moving up to tougher competition can only be good. The tag from SW looks really fun. I hope the fans started throwing garbage in the ring after that finish! BOO! Really though, great way to get the fans wanting to see JYD get one up on Ted.

I like seeing the main event feud from SW featured. The Fantastics moving up to tougher competition can only be good. The tag from SW looks really fun. I hope the fans started throwing garbage in the ring after that finish! BOO! Really though, great way to get the fans wanting to see JYD get one up on Ted.

I really appreciate the feedback and want to give some insight into how the show was booked. If you look at the winners, this was a babyface dominated show outside of the tag team title match which had a screwy finish. I gave the fans in Houston a fun loving show but then the main event left them wanting so much more to be desired. I think it is a testament for them to begin to believe in all the babyfaces below the Dog... they can then buy into these characters for the future. With the JYD I can mess with their emotions and get them enraged when the right man, the just man, has the victory and the title all be it, but it is then taken from him unjustly.

logo.jpg

WGNO-logo-e1405349521418.png

Mid South Wrestling is presented to you from the Irish McNeil Boy’s Club, in Shreveport, Louisiana

BWand_JR.png

Bill Watts: Fans welcome to Mid South Wrestling! I am Bill Watts and Jim Ross joins me. Jim, lemme tell ya, it doesn’t get any better than what we have lined up here tonight!

Jim Ross: You’ve got that right Bill, fans tonight you will see Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. You will see the JYD, and yes, in our main event, it is Ted Dibiase taking on Terry Funk!

Bill: Nowhere in the world can you catch action like this, but lemme tell ya, it started off right when we got to the arena!

Jim: Fans what we are about to show you is some very graphic footage. We want to remind all of you with young fans at home to keep them away from the tv for this next couple of minutes. This footage was taking from earlier today for a special that we have been recording with wrestlers interacting with fans. Mr. Wrestling II has just arrived to the arena and as always; he was wearing his mask when talking to the fans. What happened next was just appalling…

Bill: Fans, I was mad last week when I saw Tiger Chung Lee attack Steve O… but this… this makes me IRATE!

{We then cut to footage of some of the wrestlers arriving to the arena. The fans go wild when Mr. Wrestling II shows up and he puts his bags down to sign autographs with the fans. There are barricades up so the fans don’t cross over but then out of nowhere a fan reaches out and just CRACKS WRESTLING II! The fans scream and it is DON MURACO! He jumps over the rail and he is hammering down on Wrestling II as we hear a screech and the Grand Wizard is shown driving a car up. Out of the car jump the Wild Samoans! They start kicking and punching away at Wrestling II and Muraco with some piston like right hands! He is ripping at the mask as Wrestling II is holding on. Muraco rips the side of it and then just hammers away busting him wide open! Blood is draining down all over his white mask. You can barely see his face as most of the mask is still there while the rest is covered in blood. We see a car speed in as JYD and ThunderBolt Patterson arrive! They are checking on Wrestling II who is in a bad way… who will be their third tonight?}

Bill: Fans… you may wanna keep your kids away for another moment. Now we at Mid South Wrestling… we will have some fun characters for the children but don’t kid yourself if you think that this isn’t a tough sport. We have the toughest men and women in the world here and Wrestling II is one of them. We are told that he has some severe facial lacerations. He needed stitches. He is out of action for tonight’s fight. Well lemme tell you something…we have a little bit of time before that big six-man tag… and if the Junkyard Dog and ThunderBolt Patterson don’t have a partner… I will take off this shirt and step into that ring one more time to show Muraco and them Samoans a lesson!

Jim: Well I am sure the fans would love to see it… but lets see how it unfolds. Let’s head to the ring for our opening contest here folks… let’s going to Boyd Pierce.

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Fans welcome to Mid South Wrestling! Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall with a 15-minute time limit. First, from Albert Lea, Minnestoa… Jerry Brown! His opponent, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada… Sweet Daddy Siki!

Sweet Daddy Siki vs Jerry Brown

{A pretty simple showcase for Siki here as he has got Burrhead Jones out in the crowd getting the fans going. The crowd is solidly behind Siki as he dances around the ring and works over Brown before finishing him off with an AIRPLANE SPIN for the 1…2…3!! Siki and Burrhead work the fans as Ross and Watts put over Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton the Fantastics!}

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim: Fans we are back and Bill, we have got some big names here tonight including a tag team in our next contest.

Bill: I remember these two men from West Texas State playing football. They are two of the toughest, roughest, and meanest wrestlers in the world. They travel all over the world doing what they do and tonight they are here for a special contest.

Jim: Their opponents are two of the dirtiest players in this sport. The German Destroyers have caused havoc all over the Mid South territory and tonight they meet their toughest test. Let’s take it to the ring!

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Fans our next contest is a special tag team match scheduled for one fall with a 20-minute time limit. Introducing first, out of Berlin, Germany… Kurt von Hess and Baron Von Raschke, the German Destroyers! Their opponents, from Borger, Texas and Santa Fe, New Mexico, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody!

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen vs The German Destroyers

{Brody and Hansen storm the ring and HERE WE GO! What a brawl as the Baron and Von Hess can bring the fight with the best of them. The crowd is going wild for Brody and Hansen, as this one breaks loose early. The referee is able to gain some sense of control and this match seems normal for a couple of minutes. The Baron and Von Hess really work well together as they isolate Hansen with some big offense and double-teaming. Brody is itching for the tag as Hansen looks to make it but Von Hess distracts the referee! Brody is going wild as he attempts to get involved but the referee backs him out of the ring as Von Hess comes in and continues where the Baron left off. Brody is pacing back and forth and Hansen looks to try and make another tag and Brody is waiting. WAIT A SECOND! OMG! IT IS ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER! Abby comes out of the entrance way and he nails Brody! He pulls him down and they are brawling. The referee yells for the bell as it is ringing out throughout the arena. Von Hess and the Baron are doubling up Hansen while Brody and Abby are fighting back into the crowd! Security and fans are going wild here as this one has just broken completely loose! Watts and Ross are going nuts putting this through the roof…}

396dd75722da905053e093c5cfdffa43.jpg?ito

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim: Fans welcome back and we’ve cleaned up some of the carnage from this brawl between Brody and Abdullah. We have no idea what is going on here with Abdullah the Butcher and where he came from.

Bill: Well the other night he fought Brody in place of Ted Dibiase, who had to fight the Junkyard Dog. If you ask me, he’s the one who needs to be questioned.

Jim: I don’t doubt that one bit. Ted Dibiase is a powerful man. Perhaps he was the one behind the attack on Mr. Wrestling II earlier today…

Bill: I could see that being a real possibility. Well I spoke to the Junkyard Dog during the break… I won’t have to lace up the cowboy boots tonight, but you are going to love to see who is filling in for Wrestling II!

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our next contest is a special six-man tag team extravaganza. Introducing first, the Grand Wizard presents, Don Muraco and the Mid South Tag Team Champions, The Wild Samoans! Their opponents…Thunderbolt Patterson, The Junkyard Dog, and… MIL MASCARAS!

Junkyard Dog, ThunderBolt Patterson, & Mil Mascaras vs Don Muraco & The Wild Samoans w/ The Grand Wizard

{WOAH! Mil Mascaras! Watts and Ross go wild as do the fans! The crowd is solidly behind the babyfaces as they also saw the footage of Mr. Wrestling II getting attacked. This one goes about 10-minutes and the action is fast paced. The Samoans are just monsters in the ring and they decimate Patterson. Mascaras comes in to pick up the pace while the JYD comes in and brings the strength. Muraco gets worked over a little bit but he brings in Afa and Sika and they are able to handle all the heavy lifting. The Grand Wizard does his best to orchestrate the chaos from outside of the ring but sooner than later it breaks loose. We see JYD and Muraco take the fight outside the ring and they are throwing some big bombs near the crowd. The security is holding the fans back as they are trying to get their hands on Muraco at any cost. Inside the ring we see ThunderBolt and Mascaras with a huge double dropkick and Sika goes flying out of the ring. Mascaras then goes up as ThunderBolt and Afa are throwing. ThunderBolt positions himself behind Afa on all fours as Mascaras flies with a high cross body and nails Afa who falls over Patterson! Mascaras covers for the 1….2…3!! The crowd explodes! JYD jumps in the ring as Muraco and the Champions back out. The Wizard holds them back as they are looking for more, but it will have to come at a later date! Watts and Ross put this through the roof! They put over the big Houston show from last night as we cut to break…}

Friday 8/19 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Houston, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

Steve O defeated Tiger Chung Lee when Tojo accidently hit Lee!

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers via DQ!

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario defeated Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts when Apollo pinned Eddy Mansfield

Mil Mascaras defeated Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard defeated Mr. Wrestling II & Thunderbolt Patterson when the Grand Wizard nailed Patterson with a title belt!

SIX-MAN TAG

Jim Duggan & The Fabulous Ones defeated Tully Blanchard, David Von Erich & Killer Khan when Hacksaw Duggan pinned Killer Khan!

MAIN EVENT

The Junkard Dog defeated Ted Dibiase © with the THUMP! The call was reversed when another referee came out to let the head referee know about Ted Dibiase hitting his head on the exposed turnbuckle (that Dibiase exposed!). This almost caused a riot as the fans were extremely unhappy with this decision!

*COMMERCIAL*

Bill: What a night in Houston last night. Paul Boesch is one heck of a promoter and you can see talent from Mid South and San Antonio coming together. Lemme tell you, that David Von Erich has made me just sick to my stomach!

Jim: Well he is one of the famous Von Erich boys from Dallas… it is hard to see what he has become aligning himself with Tully Blanchard.

Bill: It was also good to see Steve O get back in the ring and he will be here next week and I am guessing that Tiger Chung Lee is going to be here as well!

Jim: I know that is going to be special, plus we will see ThunderBolt Patterson and Mr. Wrestling II tag team action, along with footage of the Fantastics!

Bill: Lemme tell you… Mid South is heating up and it is about to get a little bit more explosive. Fans our next contest is going to be a barn burner… let’s go to the ring!

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the main event of the evening! This is a one fall contest with a 30-minute time limit. Introducing first, fighting out of the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. He is a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion… TERRY FUNK! His opponent… he hails from Omaha, Nebraska. He is the reigning Mid South North American Heavyweight Champion… TED DIBIASE!

MAIN EVENT

Terry Funk vs Ted Dibiase

{The biggest match in recent Mid South history. Funk is a wild and crazy guy and he brings a great fight here tonight with Dibiase. Ross and Watts put over how we have only got around 15-minutes of television time remaining and these guys are pushing the limits. We see Funk wrestle Dibiase’s match and then Dibiase fight Funk’s fight. The crowd is going just wild. Both men are attempting to work over the knee and ankle of the other and Dibiase even goes low when the referee turns his back. He then locks in the figure-four and Funk is screaming in pain! He is inching his way to the ropes and television time is closing down! Funk then inches around and flips the Figure-Four! The crowd is going nuts as it is now Dibiase who is screaming in pain! He breaks loose. Dibiase is limping around, as is Funk… Dibiase goes for a clothesline but Funk ducks and then a single leg takedown! He grabs his foot and SPINNING TOE HOLD ONCE. He goes for it again but Dibiase pulls him down for the 1…2….KICK OUT! Both men attempt to get back up but Funk with a big right hand! He grabs the foot again! He is going for a SPINNING TOE HOLD!}

Jim: FANS WE HAVE GOT TO GO! WE WILL SHOW YOU HOW THIS ONE FINISHES NEXT WEEK!

{The action continues as the screen fades out! Is Dibiase going to give it up!?!?}

logo.jpg

Saturday 8/20 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Lake Charles, Louisiana – Civic Center

Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones defeated Mike & Robert Reed

El Bracero defeated Raul Castro

Don Kent defeated Jerry Brown

The Fantastics vs The German Destroyers

{The first big test for the Fantastics as Fulton and Rogers have got the fans solidly behind them as Sharp Dressed Man brings them to the ring. This one has a nice pace and for 11-minutes, the Fantastics get introduced to the Germans who are lethal to say the least. The Baron and Von Hess do a great job on working over Fulton leading to Rogers coming in hot but falling under the same guise. The crowd is chanting and screaming for the Fantastics who fight back with everything they’ve got! The Baron and Von Hess start a brawl but it is Tommy Rogers who comes out of nowhere with a huge CRUCIFIX ON VON HESS FOR THE 1….2…3! The crowd can’t believe it as the flash pin came out of nowhere! Rogers and Fulton leave the ring but the Germans want more. There is a brawl in the aisle before security can break it up. The Fantastics break away to work the crowd as they won the battle but the war is far from over!}

Steve O vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

{The fans have been following this one for weeks as Tiger Chung Lee led a vicious attack on Steve O a couple of weeks ago. This one is a basic 9-minute slugfest as Steve O does everything he can to try and combat Tiger but nothing doing. The crowd is solidly behind Steve O but he just can’t seem to get it going. The Double Overhook Suplex is all she wrote as Steve O goes down. Tiger covers for the 1…2….3!!}

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

{A nice ovation for Wrestling II here as he is looking for some big time revenge on Muraco from this week’s television where he was attacked. The crowd is giving Muraco some nice heat and the Wizard is garnering a lot outside the ring. This is a solid 14-minute affair. These guys know how to work a crowd and it is a slower pace with Muraco working the neck and the back. It leads to Wrestling II fighting his way back. He is looking to make a big move on Muraco but the Magnificent one with a LOW BLOW! The Grand Wizard is holding the referee and then he has Muraco pull Wrestling II over. Muraco goes for a big clothesline but Wrestling II ducks and the Wizard goes flying! Muraco turns around and Wrestling II with a HUGE HIGH KNEE for the 1….2…3!! Wrestling II has won it as the crowd pops! He goes out to the fans as they embrace! Muraco is irate!}

02.jpg

Bruiser Brody vs The Sheik

{For the slower pace of the last contest, this one just explodes from the outset. Brody and Sheik attack one another out in the aisle, as this is an 8-minute downy brook! Both Brody and Sheik get busted wide open as the blood is flowing all over the ringside area. The crowd is kind of shocked by this one as the fans near ringside are backing up. The Sheik starts to go for some weapons and soon a chair is introduced as both men use it. The referee has lost complete control. Sheik attempts to go for a FIREBALL but Brody moves out of the way. He grabs the chain and NAILS Sheik in the back, which causes him to jump out of the ring and retreat. This one is far from over!}

bruiserbrody_288x288.jpg

Mil Mascaras & ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard

{Our first of two big title matches doesn’t disappoint. Mascaras and ThunderBolt have been teaming quite a bit over the past couple of weeks and they have got some good continuity in this one. The Samoans start off reeling from the fast paced offense of ThunderBolt and Mascaras but then the Samoans flex their power. They control the pace and work over ThunderBolt something awful. ThunderBolt is able to break free and make the big tag to Mascaras who brings the big offense as the Samoans are off base. The Wizard is trying to conduct his men outside the ring but the chaos has ensued. ThunderBolt with a huge cross body and he takes Afa over the top to the floor. Mil Mascaras is on the top rope for a HIGH CROSS BODY on Sika covering for the 1….2…3!! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Mascaras and ThunderBolt celebrate with the belts as the crowd just goes crazy! The Samoans are going wild here!}

NWAWTag.png

MilMascaras.jpgThunderboltPatterson.jpg

MAIN EVENT

The Junkard Dog vs Ted Dibiase ©

{A title change may be on Dibiase’s mind as he looks focused for this big war. He does his best and gets 18-minutes out of the uber-popular JYD! The crowd just eats up every single thing he does and they boo Dibiase out of the building. JYD gets in some great offense and he looks to wear down the back of Dibiase who is selling like crazy. He is digging in his tights throughout the contest but can’t seem to get what he’s looking for. JYD then grabs him for a HUGE THUMP! 1….2…FOOT ON THE ROPE! Dibiase rolls out of the ring as PeeWee Anderson is holding JYD back. Dibiase is shown digging into his tights and then he gets back in the ring. He goes for a big right hand but JYD grabs his glove! He rips it off and tries to put it on but Anderson grabs it. He’s saying no and grabs the glove. Dibiase comes with a high knee and nails JYD into the middle rope. WAIT A SECOND… THE SHEIK…. FIREBALL ON JYD! OMG! Dibiase comes over and covers him with a hand full of tights for the 1…..2…3!!! Dibiase grabs the title and tries to make it out of the arena. The fans are going nuts! They are coming for Dibiase as security is escorting him back! Wrestling II and ThunderBolt come out and check on JYD who has been blinded! What has gone on here?!?}

TedDiBiase2_zpse214f054.jpg

QUICK RESULTS

El Bracero defeated Raul Castro

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

Bruiser Brody & The Sheik was a NO CONTEST

Mil Mascaras & ThunderBolt Patterson defeated The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard TO WIN THE MID SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLES!

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase © defeated the JYD TO RETAIN THE MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Way to go Rogers & Fulton! Those Germans are not done yet though. Steve-O is quite the young lion in his way. Wrestling 2 no selling the low blow is a bit odd. Was wondering when we'd get one of them in your booking though. :) Brody vs. the Sheik is a perfect way to use Brody. Tag championship match looks fun, but I'm no huge fan of Mascaras. Now the main event....you are going to get Ted killed, sir. I hope you don't mind having that on your conscience.

Nice to see Bill acknowledging David Von Erich's questionable choice of associates. I guess we're in for some wild Brody/Abby brawls here in Mid-South. The show going off with the main event in progress is a very Mid-South move.

Pretty shocked to Mr. Wrestling II get a win over Don Muraco. Surprised at Mascaras & Thunderbolt winning the tag titles too.

Sunday 8/21 – Mid South Wrestling Live - Monroe, Louisiana – Civic Center

Don Kent defeated Pete Sanchez

Tiger Chung Lee & The German Destroyers defeated Steve O & The Fantastics

El Bracero defeated Mad Dog Boyd

ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Afa w/ The Grand Wizard

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase © and Terry Funk went to a 60-minute draw!

I appreciate all the feedback guys. I am doing the best with what I've got here. Always looking to create something special. That end of tv thing was straight out of Bill Watt's book and it works great here. I get to utilize Funk for two weeks of television out of one appearance when I show the end next week. I still think I am over reliant on the freelancers, but they work so well in the formula in Mid South with what I've got.

You certainly have Bill Watts down pat. Reads just like he sounds.

It's interesting to have a promotion make so much use of the freelancers. Everyone uses them, but to give Mascaras a title? It adds a distinct big time feel to Mid-South.

Looking forward to see how JYD deals with being blinded again.

Wednesday 8/24 – Mid South Wrestling Television Taping – New Orleans, Louisiana – Lakefront Arena

Join Mid South Wrestling this week for the hottest wrestling action in the country!

Tune in as we see what happened when Mid South ended last week when Terry Funk was taking on Ted Dibiase!

We will see footage of the Fantastics along with Burrhead Jones taking on The Baron !

In the main event, ThunderBolt Patterson takes on Don Muraco !

Plus, Tiger Chung Lee, Ted Dibiase , and the Junkyard Dog will be in the building!

Thursday 8/25 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Biloxi, Mississippi – Mississippi Coast Coliseum

The Fantastics defeated Mad Dog Boyd & Raul Castro

Don Kent defeated Israel Matia

The German Destroyers defeated Jerry Brown & Paul Peller

ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Sika

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Afa

MAIN EVENT

Don Muraco won a battle royal featuring Mr. Wrestling II, ThunderBolt Patterson, & The Wild Samoans!

Friday 8/26 – Mid South Wrestling Live – Little Rock, Arkansas – Civic Center

Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones defeated Mad Dog Boyd & Pete Sanchez

El Bracero defeated Paul Peller

The German Destroyers defeated Mike & Robert Reed

The Fantastics defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Sika

Afa defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

MAIN EVENT

Mr. Wrestling II won a battle royal featuring Don Muraco, ThunderBolt Patterson, & The Wild Samoans!

Yee, I have Dibiase and JYD out of the country, this is about as good of a secondary card as could be mustered without Freelancers. I think the Battle Royal is always a good draw.

I hope this Robert Reed is quite different than the Brady Reed... he died of colon cancer and was HIV positive... I honestly can't find any info on Robert Reed the wrestler...

I understand where you are coming from. When the Tongans or Midnights are out for me it ends up being singles matches and tier-difference tags to fill the card instead of six mans. Sometimes when it seems like I am mixing things up it's more because I didn't have the personnel to run differently.

I think it is crazy to go back and look at some of these shows when the big names weren't around or were shipped out. Hell, even WWF shows without Hogan in the heyday. You'd have to get really creative with things and with rosters the size of ours, battle royals are kind of the only things that sell the house.

I am looking to expand the empire and run a little bit further west and north of Houston and do spot shows every couple of weeks in my rotation. I like that Territory and want to make my Friday shows in Houston special, but there's no way I could run one of these shows there.

logo.jpg

WGNO-logo-e1405349521418.png

Mid South Wrestling is presented to you from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

BWand_JR.png

Bill Watts: Fans welcome to Mid South Wrestling! Bill Watts here with Jim Ross and Jim, we have got a huge night of action lined up for the fans and we have got some business to take care of!

Jim Ross: That’s right Bill, tonight we will be looking at some footage from last week’s big contest between Ted Dibiase and Terry Funk…

Bill: Well last week we saw these two double tough individuals go the distance right here on television. Lemme tell you folks something, when a match like this is booked, there is no telling if the match is going to end when we are on television or not. Well last week Ted Dibiase and Terry Funk couldn’t be held back by time limitations…

Jim: These are two of the top wrestlers in the entire world and last week the fans we treated to something special here when the cameras stopped rolling… let’s take a look at this footage!

{We cut to the footage of last week’s match and we see a clipped version of these happening…}

Terry Funk vs Ted Dibiase

{The biggest match in recent Mid South history. Funk is a wild and crazy guy and he brings a great fight here tonight with Dibiase. Ross and Watts put over how we have only got around 15-minutes of television time remaining and these guys are pushing the limits. We see Funk wrestle Dibiase’s match and then Dibiase fight Funk’s fight. The crowd is going just wild. Both men are attempting to work over the knee and ankle of the other and Dibiase even goes low when the referee turns his back. He then locks in the figure-four and Funk is screaming in pain! He is inching his way to the ropes and television time is closing down! Funk then inches around and flips the Figure-Four! The crowd is going nuts as it is now Dibiase who is screaming in pain! He breaks loose. Dibiase is limping around, as is Funk… Dibiase goes for a clothesline but Funk ducks and then a single leg takedown! He grabs his foot and SPINNING TOE HOLD ONCE. He goes for it again but Dibiase pulls him down for the 1…2….KICK OUT! Both men attempt to get back up but Funk with a big right hand! He grabs the foot again! He is going for a SPINNING TOE HOLD!}

{The cameras then continue to roll as we see the footage from the contest…}

{Funk has got the spinning toe-hold locked in and Dibiase is writhing in pain! We have only got 10-minutes remaining in the contest! Dibiase reaches out and he grabs the ropes! Funk won’t let go! PeeWee Anderson is pulling him…now by the hair! Funk releases and Dibiase is grabbing his leg. He isn’t just grabbing his leg… his is reaching in his boot… he’s got something in his hand… Funk pulls him up and Dibiase with a huge uppercut and Funk goes down! PeeWee can’t believe it! Dibiase then locks in the figure four… Funk isn’t moving! PeeWee raises up his arm three times and Funk is knocked smack dab out… he calls for the bell as Dibiase gets his hand raised! He is limping to the back as the crowd is going nuts!}

*COMMERCIAL*

Bill: Folks we are back. Jim, you saw it right there… Ted Dibiase had something in his boot and he used it to knock Terry Funk out right in the middle of that ring.

Jim: That seems to be the way that he has been holding on to that North American Championship.

Bill: Well it makes me sick! It makes me so sick that myself and the members of the Mid South championship committee have made a decision. Ted Dibiase has been frozen on defending that North American Championship for 1 Month!

Jim: What do you mean?

Bill: We have decided that due to his actions, his next title match is going to be heldright here in New Orleans on September the 24th in the SuperDome.

Jim: Who will he be facing?

Bill: Well we decided that he will be facing…

{Ted Dibiase then walks out…}

TedDiBiase2_zpse214f054.jpg

Ted Dibiase: What in the world are you talking about Watts? I can defend this title anywhere I want… anytime I want…

Bill: Well Dibiase… I have it on good authority that last week you hired Abdullah the Butcher to take out Bruiser Brody… we also know that hired the Sheik to try and take out the Junkyard Dog!

Ted Dibiase: These are foolish allegations Watts… I am going to get my lawyers in here…

Bill: Well Dibiase… I have spoken to your lawyers… and there is a contract on the table… given all of the things you’ve done in your recent history… I figure we even the odds. On September the 24th, in the SuperDome… you will be in a North American Championship match against the Junkyard Dog…a special kind of match… a DOG COLLAR MATCH!

{Dibiase is irate…}

Ted: I can beat the Junkyard Dog any day of the week… anywhere in the world…

Bill: Well good… I’ve added even more… not only will it be for the title… not only will it be a dog collar match… but it is going to be a match in which the loser leaves for 30 days!

{Dibiase is going nuts! He is escorted to the back… we head to the ring with Boyd Piece…}

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen our first contest this evening is schedule for one fall with a 20-minute time limit. Introducing first, from Berlin, Germany, Baron Von Raschke! His opponent, from Moncks Corner, South Carolina, Burrhead Jones!

Burrhead Jones vs Baron Von Raschke

{A nice little contest here with two mid-carders. The Baron has got a lot of experience and he works over Burrhead something good here. Once Jones gets some offense in we see Von Hess come out here. The crowd watches as the Destroyers take turns working over Jones but here comes Sweet Daddy Siki! The crowd pops as Siki is here and he has got the crowd going wild! Sweet Daddy can’t do much more than cheer though as Von Hess just NAILS Jones from behind as the referee’s head is turned. Raschke locks in the claw and takes down Jones for the 1….2…3!! The Germans get the victory here but Sweet Daddy isn’t done yet! He is looking for revenge but the Germans are in retreat mode…}

*COMMERCIAL*

{We return to Mid South Wrestling as Bill Watts and Jim Ross put over the Fantastics and a recent contest they had last night…}

The Fantastics vs Israel Matia & Raul Castro

{A nice contest here for the team of Rogers and Fulton. Bill Watts puts over that it is only a matter of time before Fulton and Rogers will be here live in front of the fans. We see some cheap heat out of Castro and Matia leading to a nice comeback for Rogers and Fulton who have everything going their way before a big Rocket Dropper for the 1…2….3!! Fulton and Rogers are proving they are ready for the next step… will that be gold? We return to the arena…}

Bill: Lemme tell you right now, both Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers are going to be BIG stars in the Mid South territory. Jim, these guys are hard workers and they know how to prove it in that ring.

Jim: You’ve got that right Bill. Without a doubt, you look at Rogers and Fulton and it is hard to say they aren’t primed for a shot at the tag team titles.

Bill: Well speaking of the tag team titles… a week ago in Lake Charles, we saw history made when Mil Mascaras and ThundeBolt Patterson won those tag team titles from the Wild Samoans… but not without controversy.

Jim: Well Bill, let’s take a look at the final moments of the contest…

Mil Mascaras & ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard

{Our first of two big title matches doesn’t disappoint. Mascaras and ThunderBolt have been teaming quite a bit over the past couple of weeks and they have got some good continuity in this one. The Samoans start off reeling from the fast paced offense of ThunderBolt and Mascaras but then the Samoans flex their power. They control the pace and work over ThunderBolt something awful. ThunderBolt is able to break free and make the big tag to Mascaras who brings the big offense as the Samoans are off base. The Wizard is trying to conduct his men outside the ring but the chaos has ensued. ThunderBolt with a huge cross body and he takes Afa over the top to the floor. Mil Mascaras is on the top rope for a HIGH CROSS BODY on Sika covering for the 1….2…3!! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Mascaras and ThunderBolt celebrate with the belts as the crowd just goes crazy! The Samoans are going wild here!}

Bill: Now fans as you all can see… ThunderBolt Patterson hit Afa with that big cross body but it took him over the ropes and to the floor. In Mid South, sending your opponent over the top rope to the floor is an automatic disqualification. The Grand Wizard knows this and he took it right to the board of directors. Fans what we know is that the titles are still in the hands of Patterson and Mascaras, but on Saturday night, September the 3rd from Alexandria, Louisiana, those titles will be on the line… but this time it will be inside a steel cage!

Jim: No doubt about it, the cage match, one of the most brutal if not these most brutal in wrestling.

Bill: It is brutal with two men, but four men locked inside that cage, you are talking about pure, 100% mayhem. ThunderBolt Patterson is going to be in action with Don Muraco in our main event tonight, but up next Steve O is back from injury right here on Mid South Wrestling!

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South returns with footage of the Tiger Chung Lee attack on Steve O a couple of weeks ago. Ross and Watts put over his Steve O has been doing everything he can to get back in the ring and it is thanks to the fans that he can wrestle here tonight!}

Steve O vs Pete Sanchez

{Steve O comes out to a nice pop from the crowd as the fans are behind this youngster. He steps into the ring ready for action as he is still showing some signs of wear and tear. Pete Sanchez gets in just a little bit of offense but it is Steve O who comes back and fights with everything he’s got. We see him finish things off with the BRAINBUSTER for the 1…2…3! He works the crowd for a moment but we see Tiger Chung Lee and Tojo walk out…}

Tojo: You think you are back… you are NOTHING! In two weeks, it has been signed, MY TIGER CHUNG LEE is going to END YOUR CAREER! HAHAHA!

{Steve O acts like he wants it right now but he’s going to have to wait for two weeks… what is going to happen? Jim Ross and Bill Watts say that the Junkyard Dog is here and he is coming out next!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South returns with footage of the Sheik attacking The Junkard Dog last week in Lake Charles and throwing a fireball in his face. Watts and Ross go nuts putting this over before the man himself, the JYD walks out. He has sunglasses on and when he steps onto the set he takes them off to show some minor burns around his eyes…}

hqdefault.jpg

Jim: JYD, it is great to have you out here…

JYD: Lemme tell you something Jim Ross… you and all these people better know right now it is going to take a lot more than just one fireball from that low down dirty dog the Sheik to take me out!

{The crowd cheers huge!}

JYD: You see daddy… he hurt the JYD but he didn’t put him out. I went to the doctors and they worked me over… but brother I have been down but I am nowhere near out. I am coming out here right now to tell the Sheik that next week… I am going to be right here on Mid South Wrestling and I want to get me a piece of his booty!

{The crowd is going wild now…}

Bill: Well JYD, we will see if we can get that booked next week… how about that announcement that you and Ted Dibiase will be facing off in the Superdome next month?

JYD: Billy boy, you know why the Dog is here. I am here to entertain all these people… and while I am doing that, I might as well win a lil gold and that’s exactly what’s going to happen in the Superdome. I am telling all you people right now, get your paycheck cashed this week, save a lil bit after them bills and come on down to the Superdome and watch me get my hands on that ol dirty scoundrel Ted Dibiae and bring that North American title back where it belongs!

Jim: How about it?! Fans it is time for our main event, let’s go to the ring!

MAIN EVENT

ThunderBolt Patterson vs Don Muraco w/ the Grand Wizard

{A big time main event here with these two guys. A lot of issues have gone on between these two factions building up in the Mid South Territory as Watts and Ross put this through the roof. This one goes go for a couple of minutes before the Wizard has seen enough and brings out the Samoans. They go for the attack on ThunderBolt who fights them off with some big rights and lefts before Wrestling II runs out and joins the battle! We have got some big time action here, as the cameras are about to turn off. The Grand Wizard gets on the microphone and tells them to get a partner for a six-man tag next week! Wrestling II and ThunderBolt accept, but who will they get? Watts and Ross say that Mascaras won’t be available and it sounds like the JYD is going to have a fight with the Sheik? Tune in next week to find out!}

MID SOUTH WRESTLING LIVE!

Friday September 2, 1983

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM!

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair vs Ted Dibiase

TEXAS DEATH MATCH

Bruiser Brody vs Abdullah The Butcher

TAG CHAMPIONS VS TAG CHAMPIONS

Mil Mascaras & ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff)

CHAIN VS CHAIN

The Junkyard Dog vs Krusher Kruschev

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco

The Fantastics vs The Wild Samoans

Plus more!

Saturday 8/27 – Baton Rouge, Louisiana - River City Arena

El Bracero defeated Jerry Brown

Steve O defeated Mad Dog Boyd

Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo defeated Don Kent

The Wild Samoans defeated The Fantastics with a double chokeslam!

Don Muraco defeated Mr. Wrestling II via a roll up holding the tights!

Mil Mascaras & ThunderBolt Patterson © defeated The German Destroyers when Mascaras hit Von Hess with a flying cross body!

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase © defeated The Junkyard Dog when he hit The Junkyard Dog with a loaded glove!