Pro Wrestling Only

ROH vs. NXT

goodhelmet

Galloway is really good but I never saw him as a babyface. I haven't seen his work in TNA but I suspect it's more of an issue of him being in the wrong role instead of not being good.

He's not too bad I guess. It really didn't help that he was brought in to form a rival faction against The Beat Down Clan, which though pointless faction warfare TNA do too much of, could've been workable if The BDC didn't totally crumble with Homicide's injury, the Hernandez debacle and the loss of Low Ki, it obviously became a farce.

Now he's been feuding with one of the generic guys from his faction who's obviously been asked to play heel at a moment's notice.

Also been competing in King of the Mountain Championship matches (sigh) and looks to be spearheading the TNA v GFW wars which hasn't been as bad as it sounds on paper, but still coming off relatively tame.

Lashley isn't so bad either in my estimation, just they don't book him strong enough for me to care, so I don't. Anderson's a fucking embarrassment though, I can't believe he's still doing that routine. Hardyz only go so far as faces for me nowadays as well.

For me though, it's so deflating to see this guy EC3 who is absolute gold, he's unbeaten, he's the champion, he's a cracking heel, he's in exactly the position he should be, but it doesn't really mean shit because he so easily.outshines every babyface that tests him on the mic. With Kurt Angle out and seemingly focused on a Eric Young-feud, that ain''t changing any time soon.

I don't WANT anyone to defeat their heel champ, that's pretty crazy. Can't recall a timeframe in a wrestling company anything like it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured the Matt Hardy matches were probably pretty good but I never did go out of my way to see them. I can understand not really getting behind Matt as a top babyface to take the World Title in 2015 though.

The thing about EC3 is he's so good at everything but what happens in the ring that you almost have to stick him with a strong veteran like Matt Hardy to get a good match out of him.

I figured the Matt Hardy matches were probably pretty good but I never did go out of my way to see them. I can understand not really getting behind Matt as a top babyface to take the World Title in 2015 though.

The thing about EC3 is he's so good at everything but what happens in the ring that you almost have to stick him with a strong veteran like Matt Hardy to get a good match out of him.

I'm not sure if I'd agree with you on EC3's in-ring. He's not Aries or anything of course, but TNA's heavyweight scene has never really been notorious for having the best matches on a TNA card, and at least he's fitting that bill okay. I liked his match with Rockstar Spud from earlier in the year, mostly because of the story value (Spud is like their one real good babyface atm, but I don't know that they realise that) but it was a good in-ring product as well.

Also from a couple weeks ago, nothing spectacular but a nice enough match with PJ Black in the GFW thing, probably enjoyed it more because I genuinely wasn't sure which direction they would take it in, when even their good TNA Title matches lately seem so telegraphed. The bar is generally set pretty low with the standard of the rest of the show right now so I'd say he firmly is above it. They can't be arsed to write X Division stories anymore and they only have 2 compelling tag teams now, the women have sunk too, firmly into eye candy territory with the Dollhouse obsession, so EC3 is the show. If NXT gave him another chance, I could free up 2 hours of time on Thursdays

Thought one interesting thing coming out of the Exile episode w/ Naylor was the credit he gave to Joey Mercury, calling Banks a pet project of his and putting him over as having the best wrestling mind of anyone down there. HHH gets all the credit, but he clearly has some really good lieutenants handling the day-to-day nuances.

Hiring good people underneath you is going to be one of the most important things HHH does if he ever takes over. Vince was pretty great at it over the years - I love that Jerry Jarrett was going to be the guy to run WWE if he went to jail. So yeah, HHH giving a large voice to people like Mercury and Regal and Dusty and Smiley is a nice sign. The DeMott saga not such a good sign.