Pro Wrestling Only

ROH vs. NXT

goodhelmet

He's not good. He's not very good at calling the action. He seems not to be informed of the direction of what they're doing. Him and Corino seem more interested in popping each other than getting over the product. Dalton Castle is booked as a face, but KK and Corino talk of him like he's a freak in a bad way. He seems out of touch with the product.

This. There are times where it seems like calling the match is the last thing in the world he wants to do.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was brought up on the show. If Owens, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky are called up while Zayn and Itami are hurt, that is some slim pickings.

The tv has still been good with some of those guy being slowly phased off, granted all of them have still been featured even Owens who signed his main roster contract in May but I imaging after Saturday the wont be on NXT nearly as much. As for Zayn Im sure he wouldve been on Raw regularly if he didnt need sugery after the Cena match, So I believe he'll be on the main roster after he heals even though they left it open for he and Owens to finish there feud in NXT. Even Charlotte still has a feud open with Dana which is smart.

Dalton Castle is a babyface? I've only seen the Liger match, but the mocking spots (and the way the announcers spoke of him) made me sure he was a heel.

Kelly and Corino are idiots.

He's a super charismatic baby face. He's supposed to be weird and fun. Kind of an Adam Rose done right.

Castle had a great match against Adam Cole on the ppv. Then he had a really good match with ACH on a VOD show. Then he got his 1st main event on a VOD teaming with Jay Briscoe and Kyle O'Reilly. He's feuding with Silas Young who beats up his tag partners. He gets babyface reactions. He's a babyface who the announcers treat as a heel.

That I don't know. I've liked Caprice Coleman on color when he's done it. He's called moves wrong here or there. That to me is easy to fix. He gets the psychology of the matches over.A play by play guy is tough. I wouldn't retread any wwe or TNA guys. I loved the guy who's name escapes me who did the last night of Ultima Lucha if he's available. Jim Ross is the exception to the retread rule. he's a name and he could groom someone else down the line. We have guys who post here who do Pbp and can tell us how hard it is. It seems like a really hard job.

Dalton Castle is a babyface? I've only seen the Liger match, but the mocking spots (and the way the announcers spoke of him) made me sure he was a heel.

Kelly and Corino are idiots.

He's a super charismatic baby face. He's supposed to be weird and fun. Kind of an Adam Rose done right.

I mean, one would assume that the Silas Young feud is about alluded homophobia and that we're supposed to dislike Young because of it.

What the hell prompted this, anyway?

It seems WWE felt embarrassed that there was a Kevin Steen figure in ROH's upcoming line before they could market a Keven Owens one. It's not something a billion dollar company should be quite that upset about, but I get the impression it was an ego bruising that someone couldn't handle.

Yeah, there's no way that's true. What store is carrying ROH Dolls? It's not like there's an ROH Toys section at Target next to the WWE Toys. And a WWE Doll would be Kevin Owens, not Kevin Steen. In conclusion....bullshit.

Oh he's totally a good guy. It's the most progressive thing going in wrestling, the flamboyant gay guy who's super over and a good guy. Like Pete said, it's the fucking announcers saying that he's "weird"and shit that doesn't fit at all.

He's as over as Elton John in the Seventies was.

It seems WWE felt embarrassed that there was a Kevin Steen figure in ROH's upcoming line before they could market a Keven Owens one. It's not something a billion dollar company should be quite that upset about, but I get the impression it was an ego bruising that someone couldn't handle.

Yeah, there's no way that's true. What store is carrying ROH Dolls? It's not like there's an ROH Toys section at Target next to the WWE Toys. And a WWE Doll would be Kevin Owens, not Kevin Steen. In conclusion....bullshit.

Meltzer talked about this on the last podcast and he indicated that the current mentality in WWE is that they don't want to promote a guy on the main roster who was already markteted on a national level by another promotion which is the reason why Samoa Joe is only working NXT.

Really? It seems that most of the roster are supposed to be heels.

I mean

Strong

Briscoes

reDragon

ACH

Sydal

War Machine

Bullet Club

Dalton Castle

Moose

Will Ferrera

Caprice Coleman

Romantic Touch

Cole

Elgin

Heels

Lethal and HoT

Kingdom

Cedric

Silas

Addiction

Decade

On the heel side both the Addiction and Decade are stale.

Meltzer talked about this on the last podcast and he indicated that the current mentality in WWE is that they don't want to promote a guy on the main roster who was already markteted on a national level by another promotion which is the reason why Samoa Joe is only working NXT.
That really doesn't address the doll thing. And Joe also has that deal where he can work Indys as well as NXT, at least for the time being.

Strong and Elgin should be heels. I honestly thought Elgin was a heel during the Terminal 5 show this summer: his reaction was 50/50, he scowled the whole time, and his moveset screams douche.

On the last set of tapings before he went to Japan he was postioned as a face.

That really doesn't address the doll thing. And Joe also has that deal where he can work Indys as well as NXT, at least for the time being.
I haven't kept up on the newz lately, but I thought they gave him an exclusive contract after a bunch of people bought too-small Samoa Joe shirts following his debut, coupled with the very threatening move of ROH to Destination America.

Strong and Elgin should be heels. I honestly thought Elgin was a heel during the Terminal 5 show this summer: his reaction was 50/50, he scowled the whole time, and his moveset screams douche.

On the last set of tapings before he went to Japan he was postioned as a face.

they ruined Elgin with this for me. He had some good G1 matches and can obviously work the style, he should just stay there.

Michael Elgin was a pretty intriguing moody heel for ROH earlier this year, he was ruthless, calculated but also impulsive. Like Steen without the talking skills but I was still intrigued. Then they just rushed him being a face and every time he's come out, it's still been crickets from the crowd, also he's still looked moody so I dunno exactly how comfortable he is in the role.

Should spend the next couple years in Japan imo so he can be fresh for a comeback some other time

For ROH heels, I hope when Aries comes in for some reason that he's at the forefront of The Kingdom and fights Adam Cole.

Also if/when TNA croaks, The Hardyz would likely be some good heat if WWE didn't bring em back

In general actually, TNA still has some good heels on their books, just mostly godawful babyfaces. EC3, Eric Young, Bram, James Storm, Bobby Roode are all very good character value guys. It's the Anderson's, Lashley's and Galloway's that are holding the product back.