Pro Wrestling Only

ROH vs. NXT

goodhelmet

What the hell prompted this, anyway?

I really feel like it's some kind of test in Vince McMahon's mind. Triple H will not be deemed ready to take over the WWE until he can prove that he can run other promotions out of business like he did.

NXT is using a lot of the same tactics the WWF did to go national.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For ROH they really need to push things on their tv that they do better than WWE.

1. ROH runs the best houseshows .They should have clips of fans and interviews post houseshow to play on their tv.

2. ROH has the best tag division in all of wrestling. Have a yearly tournament for the tv.

3. Push the between the ropes product. Our World Champion and #1 contender went an hour w/o a stupid Iron man gimmick. We wrestle in ROH.

4.Move Kevin Kelly into a backstage reporter role.

5. Find an announcer who more fits the ROH style. Hell Alan 4L was great calling WXW.

6. Explain to Corino what they want out of him in his role, if he doesn't get it make him a manager.

7. They do stress wins and losses. Keep it up.

8. Allow more interviews to the guys who can talk. Allow wrestlers to talk people into the building.

9. ROH is able to take their time and make the angles more special. Keep that up, but they must have a payoff.

10.Do profile pieces on the wrestlers or key feuds monthly. Who wouldn't want to see a Dalton Castle profile piece.

For ROH they really need to push things on their tv that they do better than WWE.

1. ROH runs the best houseshows .They should have clips of fans and interviews post houseshow to play on their tv.

2. ROH has the best tag division in all of wrestling. Have a yearly tournament for the tv.

3. Push the between the ropes product. Our World Champion and #1 contender went an hour w/o a stupid Iron man gimmick. We wrestle in ROH.

4.Move Kevin Kelly into a backstage reporter role.

5. Find an announcer who more fits the ROH style. Hell Alan 4L was great calling WXW.

6. Explain to Corino what they want out of him in his role, if he doesn't get it make him a manager.

7. They do stress wins and losses. Keep it up.

8. Allow more interviews to the guys who can talk. Allow wrestlers to talk people into the building.

9. ROH is able to take their time and make the angles more special. Keep that up, but they must have a payoff.

They also need to fix their TV taping schedule. We should not be seeing TV taped before a ppv, two weeks after the ppv is over.

I think the price is a big issue that's going to hurt them. You can get NXT for cheap and have access to the last two years of the product for a nice monthly fee. For RoH, their content comes at a ridiculous premium if you want more than the TV. Their DVDs are too expensive and they want too much for the VOD. They really need to consider cutting prices on that stuff to get more people in.

I think Jim Cornette's absolute incompetence as a booker got them started off on the wrong foot with the general public. They made a really bad first impression and that's hard to overcome.

RoH probably can't do anything right now to really try to compete. I don't think they should tuck their tails in and bow in to WWE by any means but they really shouldn't think about fighting back. Even though it makes perfect sense to do it, they probably shouldn't try to hoover up fans by booking shows in the same towns on the same weekend as WWE. I know lately the WWE have been aggressive about going after RoH bookings but the WWE is a globally touring company. There is no reason the RoH can't find towns that WWE wouldn't be able to get to at certain times. If WWE books a show in California for instance, they aren't going to rush their team to Pittsfield, MA to oppose a RoH show that is there the same night. They should just focus on improving their roster, their tv shows, their direction, their production, etc etc and find a way to just be a profitable alternative until what Zoo Enthusiast said, the WWE gets bored. A bully stops when they realize there isn't really much of fun in fighting someone who is completely uninterested in fighting.

I'd chose NXT for the Brooklyn show but I the future it would depend on how good the TV and who's on the Card. If NXT runs Survivor Series Weekend in ATL when ROH runs I might not chose NXT if Sasha isnt on the card.

I do believe that with HHH on the defensive as far as ROH SainClair may put more money behind ROH than they would have otherwise which is great for ROH

I would go with NXT. I hate the set up ROH has here in Chicago (Chicago Ridge) or at least the past time I went. The bleacher monster that they bring in for these shows is horrendous. Way too confined and clustered.The floor seats are better,I just don't like the visibility. The set up for NXT appears to be better.

Wrestling wise I'm more vested in NXT right now.

I'm biased because I go to NXT shows all the time since they are based down here and run 2 shows a month in Orlando. If I was in another city and both companies are running the town, I would probably still pick NXT. I try watching ROH tv but it's worse than Impact most weeks. Maybe it's because of the editing but it's just awful. Everything from the production to the commentary being so low you can't hear it over the piped in crowd. Now I watch the show on destination America since we have no sinclair stations here in Orlando. I'm also not a big fan of the talent in ROH except for a few guys/gals (Roderick, Briscoes, Maria, to an extent Jay Lethal and Sydal).

Tim you have your critiques and that's fine . You support Evolve too. I Thought Evolve's issues are worse from a production stand point. The crowd seems dead a lot. They seem to run behind or late. Cage match snafus. One of my main concerns with the WNN for Wrestlemania weekend is getting a ticket to that could cause us to miss or be late to other events since they have a full slew of shows in the same building.

Piped in might be the wrong word but it does seems like sometimes they turn the announcers down and raise the crowd mic volume.

Shoe, I usually just go to Evolve shows cause they run Orlando and I like to see guys like Hero,Thatcher and Rich Swann live. I've never bought a IPPV from them cause I don't trust them. I was at the show that had a 90 minute intermission because the building shut the internet off and they couldn't run the show. I agree with you about the production and the crowd. They do almost no advertising around town for the shows and when they do, it's usually Chaysen Rance minons who paper people's cars at NXT shows.

Between injuries and calling up five of their best wrestlers to the main roster this year, if I had to pick between an NXT house show and an ROH house show today, I'd pick ROH. That gut feeling might change as NXT gets their new talent up and running, but today the NXT cupboard is quite bare in terms of wrestlers I'd buy a ticket to see (Balor, Bayley and Joe).

Of these two cards I would probably pick ROH, but only because I have never seen Nakamura or the Young Bucks live and really want to. The last ROH show I was at live was 2007 or so. If I remember right, I think it was Driven. I always enjoyed going to ROH shows, but it has been so long I am not sure how much that same energy resonates there today. I really just want to see Nakamura knee someone in person.

As for what ROH can do, I am not really sure. Since 2009 I have been and out of the product, mostly out for the last 4 years or so. Consequently, I can't really speak in specifics. I think one of the things that made ROH so exciting and fun for so long was that they were a super show. With increased use of contracts in wrestling and their work with NJPW, they might honestly be doing all they can. Still, giving their cards super fight feels will help. It is what set them apart from everyone else. Booking the big guns they bring in against their champion (especially for an extended program) would help take what they are doing and turning it into something even more buzz worthy.

He's not good. He's not very good at calling the action. He seems not to be informed of the direction of what they're doing. Him and Corino seem more interested in popping each other than getting over the product. Dalton Castle is booked as a face, but KK and Corino talk of him like he's a freak in a bad way. He seems out of touch with the product.

He's not good. He's not very good at calling the action. He seems not to be informed of the direction of what they're doing. Him and Corino seem more interested in popping each other than getting over the product. Dalton Castle is booked as a face, but KK and Corino talk of him like he's a freak in a bad way. He seems out of touch with the product.

Soaring aaaaaaaaand scoring!