Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for September 14 to 20

Grimmas

I heard it from Johnny Sorrow on This Week in Wrestling.

hqdefault.jpg

While I appreciate the plug, and I sorta kinda look like Gene now but with no mustache, I think I need to sit down with you and explain how jokes work. The humor would be based on if I actually had talked about it.

Edit: and Daves getting worked cause only a dumbell would buy that .

The humor works because you're the only person here other than goc who would be annoyed by people taking the rumor existing seriously.

Is there ANY chance Taker/Brock 3 could happen in Hell in a Cell and not Mania? I'm praying so. 1) cos there's nothing else I'd care to see in a cell (or at least, they'd only have a couple fortnights to build something I would care to see, which is hardly what Hell in a Cell is all about), 2) cos I wanna see both go in different directions come Mania season, 3) I think it will be really shit if both guys just fuck off for no explained kayfabe reason until god damn March, I don't think the wait will make me wanna see the match MORE

Agreed. Or do the rematch at Survivor Series or the Rumble, anything more than waiting a pointlessly long time just to squander Taker and Brock against each other in Dallas. I don't think there's much casual fan interest in a Wrestlemania rematch between the two of them, not after Taker already lost and the Streak's already been broken. Give the fans the Taker/Sting dream match they've been fantasizing about for twenty years now. And have Brock work with a younger guy (I think Lesnar/Wyatt could be an interesting matchup, although they'd have to work hard to make Bray look like he had any chance of winning) so that his very limited, very expensive super-rub is given to someone he hasn't already had multiple feuds with.

Meltz must have loved the women's match:

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 2h2 hours ago

The heel coming out isn't supposed to be saving the audience from bad writing

69 retweets 110 favorites

He was talking about Kevin Owens coming out during the bad Ryback promo.

that whole segment was weird. Owens did as well as he could but I can't figure out why the promo was based on a book Ryback's (and seemingly only Ryback) apparently read rather than y'know, the IC Title. You could cut out all the Big Show, Miz and Cesaro confusion on the past few Raws and actually had a build to this one, but ah well, hope they have some chemistry at least.

Yeah well they're obviously 50/50 on him seeing as they jobbed him out at Mania. And completely buried him on commentary the whole match. But that's old news. 1997 Sting is gone I'll have to accept it.

On the flip side, the fans did erupt when he grabbed hold of the Deathdrop and went for the Scorpion. Is everyone totally against him having a semi high profile 6 month run ending at Mania 32 like Hogan in '02?

One thing I don't get is if the long term plan for Taker was to do a trilogy with Lesnar, and Sting wAs going to job at Mania 31, why didn't they do Sting/Taker then? Triple H could have work d Bray since he's so high on him?

I think the Shield triple threat is the way to go for the title at Mania, and it would take a damn hot storyline to convince me otherwise.

Meltz must have loved the women's match:

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 2h2 hours ago

The heel coming out isn't supposed to be saving the audience from bad writing

69 retweets 110 favorites

He was talking about Kevin Owens coming out during the bad Ryback promo.

that whole segment was weird. Owens did as well as he could but I can't figure out why the promo was based on a book Ryback's (and seemingly only Ryback) apparently read rather than y'know, the IC Title. You could cut out all the Big Show, Miz and Cesaro confusion on the past few Raws and actually had a build to this one, but ah well, hope they have some chemistry at least.

I think Big Kev can get somewhat of a good match out of Ryback. I don't know why, but I picture their styles meshing well.

I thought the Nikki/Charlotte finish (and match leading up to it) was pretty good for what it was. Nikki going into Sasha Banks mode with the armwork was surprising and the crowd was into it. I'm excited for their match on Sunday.

Sasha/Paige was darn good. I worry for Sasha's neck though.

I liked the finish in a general sense. Nikki needed the record to stay relevant because, for better or worse, they need the Bellas in the picture for now. Also thought that both Nikki and Charlotte were great acting through the finish, Nikki getting on to the apron then making the ref get the belt and Charlotte being too distraught to react to getting a rematch. I could go all Jim Cornette on how they could have made it better with details but at least they kinda got it right.

Sasha/Paige was kinda disappointing. After their Smackdown was hoping for more of a brawl so it was a let down to see them work a straight match. Was also hoping that they would get a match on NoC but with Sasha going over clean I doubt that's going to happen now.

Also worried about Sasha health. She's taking NXT special type bumps on every show and if she keeps going like that she'll end up like someone like Ayumi Kurihara or Mio Shirai, having to retire in her prime due to neck/back injuries.