Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for September 14 to 20

Grimmas

They found a worse option for Nikki-Charlotte than all of the terrible ones that the IWC came up with this week. Impressive.

I liked seeing Cena and Sting walking tall, but that go-home segment was so flat. Cole (or rather, Vince speaking through Cole) actually said something to the effect of, "It shows you how far we've come" in regard to Sting one-on-one with fellow WCW alum The Big Show. We've come so far that we're gonna beg for a nostalgia pop by doing a main event that would have sucked 20 years ago when these guys worked for our extinct competitor.

Plus Rollins tapping out immediately to the worst Sharpshooter you've ever seen. I really have no problem with Sting as a challenger and even kind of like it, but that was the sort of PPV build that HHH/Vince truly may have literally written in their sleep.

I've given up on caring about the women's matches, but it's frustrating that after all the horrible/lame garbage he's had given to him that Cena decides to use his influence to make sure Nikki keeps the title. Like seriously, he was OK with being told he'd be spray painting "poopy" on JBL's limo but goddamn we gotta make sure his lady gets a record literally less than 5 people give a shit about.

What CREDIBLE new source has actually reported that? I'm going to need something a little more legit than fucking wrestlezone. It's the usual petty WWE bullshit of making sure that someone who pissed them off has a record broken. Same thing as Randy Orton winning the WWE Title so Brock Lesnar would no longer be the youngest champ ever.

What CREDIBLE new source has actually reported that? I'm going to need something a little more legit than fucking wrestlezone. It's the usual petty WWE bullshit of making sure that someone who pissed them off has a record broken. Same thing as Randy Orton winning the WWE Title so Brock Lesnar would no longer be the youngest champ ever.

Dave said it last night on WOR when Bryan was previewing Raw. After the women's match was named, Dave interjected that he's heard that John Cena was pushing for that match to go a certain way, but didn't go into detail. The implication was clear that he had say in what was going to happen on Raw.

I heard it from Johnny Sorrow on This Week in Wrestling.

hqdefault.jpg

While I appreciate the plug, and I sorta kinda look like Gene now but with no mustache, I think I need to sit down with you and explain how jokes work. The humor would be based on if I actually had talked about it.

Edit: and Daves getting worked cause only a dumbell would buy that .

So you really think WWE spent all that time on a Nikki title reign just for her to lose the title right before she would have broken the record? Come on now.

Would have been a good storyline if this was a babyface who got cheated out of the record via shenanigans and the record breaker was someone well respected by the company and not someone they are trying to erase from history quickly.

As for Rollins, he has two tough matches coming up on Sunday, each for a championship he holds. Why would he jeopardize his status in a nothing tag match by holding out in a submission hold? A smart man taps ASAP and lives to defend belts another day.

Only the Sting/Shiw match was up which was just punching but it's only Raw and he's 56 so you gotta save him. It was cool to see Sting back in the ring in front of a real crowd, and cool to see hiM on Raw finally wrestle....and unlike Mania Cole and jbl didn't bury him the whole time.

Was no one else a big Sting fan

EDIT: I kinda answered my own question with *was didn't I. I think he got over exposed on TNA and of course he should have came back years ago etc. But in 15 years since it closed, the only guys to have good careers from WCW were Rey and Booker T. Hogan definitely reached higher highs and similar, but way less lows.

Steph and Trips are the most appalling characters right now, better be a bloody good twist coming up.

Steph looked so stupid going 'oh I'm so sorry Charlotte' when she should be revelling in that role. 'Twin magic' is obviously overused to shit but thought it would've been a salvageable segment if not for that

The only bit I'd really say I properly I enjoyed this week was the Wyatts/Reigns stuff. Who do we think will be the third person? Last week I assumed Orton and I'm pleased that's not the case and really enjoy how they've double-bluffed us there. I'm assuming they wouldn't just drop in another star from Raw in there so our options are: an NXT call-up (can't picture who though unless it would be one who's only done dark matches like Braun), a star returning to the company, or the worryingly likely wildcard; Erick Rowan, but most reports say Rowan should be out for the rest of the year.

Only the Sting/Shiw match was up which was just punching but it's only Raw and he's 56 so you gotta save him. It was cool to see Sting back in the ring in front of a real crowd, and cool to see hiM on Raw finally wrestle....and unlike Mania Cole and jbl didn't bury him the whole time.

Was no one else a big Sting fan

The main event was alright, nothing special. Got to applaud the Raw creative team for making Sting's first match on Raw ever seem like just part of the monotony. They're quite skilled at doing stuff like that

Yeah well they're obviously 50/50 on him seeing as they jobbed him out at Mania. And completely buried him on commentary the whole match. But that's old news. 1997 Sting is gone I'll have to accept it.

On the flip side, the fans did erupt when he grabbed hold of the Deathdrop and went for the Scorpion. Is everyone totally against him having a semi high profile 6 month run ending at Mania 32 like Hogan in '02?

One thing I don't get is if the long term plan for Taker was to do a trilogy with Lesnar, and Sting wAs going to job at Mania 31, why didn't they do Sting/Taker then? Triple H could have work d Bray since he's so high on him?

I only caught the last few minutes of Nikki-Charlotte, but I liked that finish a lot as a way to set up a rematch. Charlotte getting unfairly screwed out of the title as part of her chase is a good thing, and I think they've made it where when she (or whoever) defeats Nikki, it will mean a lot more than it would have otherwise because she had to work hard to do it. What I didn't like was Stephanie's joyless delivery of the decision reversal because I thought it hurt the heat. Michael Cole also claiming that she made the right call was weird.

Because a heel Triple H authority figure vs a heel cult leader Bray Wyatt makes no sense and would not be an appealing matchup? Plus you know Triple H needed to be shined on with the idea Sting just absolutely had to wrestle HIM in his very first WWE match ever? It is a big ego booster. Plus the idea of having either Sting losing in his first match ever or Taker losing yet another match would have sucked. Of course this is before they went ahead and had Sting lose his first match anyway.

Is there ANY chance Taker/Brock 3 could happen in Hell in a Cell and not Mania? I'm praying so. 1) cos there's nothing else I'd care to see in a cell (or at least, they'd only have a couple fortnights to build something I would care to see, which is hardly what Hell in a Cell is all about), 2) cos I wanna see both go in different directions come Mania season, 3) I think it will be really shit if both guys just fuck off for no explained kayfabe reason until god damn March, I don't think the wait will make me wanna see the match MORE