Pro Wrestling Only

ICW

kevinmcfl

You have to drop at least enough wrestlers for every promotion to draft one person. Thats it.

And not to sound like a broken record but we need to address Jim Cornette, if we are going with the "Bobby Bass" rule or not...

Other than that, we should be good to go straight away unless there is anyone who wants to take over ICW?

We will honor all deals in place

I think this should really squash any need to argue over Cornette. If he's going to honor the 50/50 deal then you guys should be able to just work out a sharing agreement. He was able to appear on both the ICW & Southeastern TV tapings so it would seem like things should be manageable.

I think the order is this:

• Flyin' Brian has until today to turn up and state if he's continuing.
  • If not, first we see if anyone already participating wants to move to ICW (pretty sure this a no).
  • If not, we see if there are any new writers that want to join and take ICW.
  • If not, then we proceed with the merger, which would be Memphis absorbing ICW.

As for the draft, as Boon mentioned, you are required to put up for draft at least enough wrestlers to cover one pick per promotion. It's up to you who you keep from ICW and if the wrestlers put into the draft include guys already on the Memphis roster you are dropping.

Nobody has come forward as a new writer since you and the Florida writer came in. I am guessing that rainmaker's friend never responded since we haven't heard about that in a week now. Doesn't seem like there is anyone who is going to step in and takeover ICW.

One of the problems I've run into is finding things - rules, available free agents, territories, etc.

Things are not in a single place to make it easier on new people looking in.

There are isn't a list of available territories because we don't leave one open if someone drops out. If a new writer wants to come in and there isn't an open territory they can either start helping someone write or get set up in a kind of developmental territory. Right now we have ICW open but since we don't get new writers often it wouldn't be a good idea to just leave territories open waiting for someone to come along.

But you can see what territories are active here: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31239-every-promotions-roster-in-one-thread/ (promotions that are crossed out with a line through them are the ones who have been merged)

There is a Free Agent thread here: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31871-free-agency-wire/

And there are monthly Freelancer threads where you can request dates on guys like Stan Hansen, Abdullah the Butcher, Bruiser Brody, The Original Sheik and Mil Mascaras (when they aren't in Japan) They are considered freelancers because they weren't guys who would hunker down in one territory only for months on end.

As far as rules, I'm not really sure what you are looking for. Currently the only real hard rule is that if you don't make any posts or give any indication that you're still in the game, your territory gets merged (or taken over by a new writer) after 30 days.

I guess the only other hard rule would be that you can't use a guy on someone's roster unless you made an agreement to use them. Meaning I can't just say "well WCCW isn't running on Sunday night so I'll just book half of their roster on my show in San Antonio"

There is no real list of "rules" because the game is very open ended which is one of the better parts.

ICW is open. There is also an opportunity I would think with the free talent about to open a new one in an area not covered?

At this point I think that some rosters are getting so bloated that it would make sense for a new writer to be able to come in and set up shop somewhere like Arizona/New Mexico/maybe even California since no one is really running there. Not sure how they would get set up with talent though, I would personally send a few guys off my roster since it's starting to get a little bloated but I know everyone is not going to do that.

At this point I think that some rosters are getting so bloated that it would make sense for a new writer to be able to come in and set up shop somewhere like Arizona/New Mexico/maybe even California since no one is really running there. Not sure how they would get set up with talent though, I would personally send a few guys off my roster since it's starting to get a little bloated but I know everyone is not going to do that.

Agree that we are getting to the point were rosters may bloat too much for some territories and it's better to have a mechanism in place in case someone wants to join and there is no open territory in place. We could do something like an expansion draft. People protect X amount of wrestlers from their rosters before the draft and the new person selects from the wrestlers/personnel left unprotected. They could also pick up wrestlers available as free agents.

I just mean that very likely he will be inheriting jobbers and midcarders if that is the choice he makes. He's going to need 5-6 big name guys to keep moving around the main event scene for sure, if not more. Some of us certainly have guys we can spare at this point.

Yes, especially since Flyin' Brian was going to have until the end of the day to show up anyway. Doesn't stop you from coming up with the list of guys you would want to keep/drop though.

Although I think if Super Stan wants in he should pretty much just take ICW and not make everyone go through a bunch of headache over an expansion draft.

There is pretty much no way an expansion draft roster would be better than one with Randy Savage, Ronnie Garvin, Adrian Street, Jim Cornette, Arn Anderson, Jimmy Valiant, Lanny Poffo, Pez Whatley and The Grappler as it's top stars.

I just mean that very likely he will be inheriting jobbers and midcarders if that is the choice he makes. He's going to need 5-6 big name guys to keep moving around the main event scene for sure, if not more. Some of us certainly have guys we can spare at this point.

Nope, jobbers and midcarders are my cup of tea. The listing of the ICW roster as posted isn't bad at all and if trades are allowed, I can tweak to my heart's content.

Not much by way of a free agent list. "The Travelling Attractions" are nice - maybe a listing for each and their dates for when and where?