Pro Wrestling Only

Survivor Series results

goodhelmet

From WO...

Welcome to our live coverage of the Survivor Series from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. We're looking for your thoughts on the show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to [email protected].

Juventud pinned Simon Dean with a Juvi driver in the Heat match. It was a non-title bout. The Mexicools stole Dean's gym bag to distract him. Juventud has learned to work WWE style. So he's useless.

Booker T vs. Chris Benoit for the U.S. title opens the show. This match needs to be good given the line-up tonight. Booker won this one with an Oklahoma side roll with Sharmell holding Booker's legs and him also using the ropes for leverage. Good opener.

Match two will be live on the Smackdown special Tuesday night from Cincinnati.

Bischoff and Vince were backstage. Eric promised to screw John Cena just like Vince screwed Bret Hart. Cena was right there when he said it and made a comment about how Eric likes screwing guys. Vince tried to act like he was into hip hop and used the term "nigga" while Booker watched and was furious, saying "Tell me, he just didn't say that."

Trish Stratus vs. Melina is up now. Mickie James is with Stratus. Tazz & Styles are announcing together, so this will probably be the best announced match on the show. Tazz & Styles spent the match arguing Raw vs. Smackdown. Stratus won with a facebuster off the top rope after minor help by Mickie James. She moved Stratus out of the way from an attempted tackle by Melina just before the finish. Match was good based on usual WWE women's match standards.

HHH vs. Ric Flair is up next. They went 27:00. Flair juiced heavy the entire match with HHH using a screwdriver on him. HHH took a backdrop through the table. Slow-paced but dramatic. Went a little long but real good. Flair got up after three pedigrees, but HHH used a sledge hammer to the back of the head for the ten count. Flair went out on a stretcher. They are acting like this was the end of Flair.

Orton & JBL were badmouthing Batista, but Batista showed up and said he should be the leader. Rey agreed. JBL got mad and wanted to be the leader but then backed down. Lashley agreed to side with Batista. Finally Orton sarcastically backed Batista.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just keeps getting better....

Edge debuted the new Cutting Edge talk show with Dmitri Young of the Tigers. Edge ripped on the Tigers and baseball players for being overpaid, not caring about the fans, taking steroids and amphetamines. Really, he did. Young then brought up all the championships that the Pistons, Tigers and Red Wings had won. Young said Edge had no balls and Edge said he was going to be like GM and Ford, he was leaving Detroit. Pretty good segment and Young did a good job in the celebrity role.

Angle vs. Cena is up next. Wow, this was weird. Daivari, Chad Patton and Mickey Henson were all KO'd, Daivari by Cena and Pattona and Henson by Angle. Charles Robinson of Smackdown ran in as ref and gave Angle an FU and got the pin. As you can tell, a ton of shortcuts but Angle wrestled well. Crowd was electric because no matter what Angle did to be a heel, the crowd got more and more behind him as the match went on. Cena really showed it in his face when he did the five knuckle shuffle and he was booed out of the place.

Eric vs. Teddy is up.

I'm reading the results as they're posted and trying to follow several threads at the same time so I can keep up to date with the happenings when they happen. That being said, it sounds like the negative crowd is reason enough for me to want to see this PPV. I sure hope the problems with PWTorrents get worked out soon. :)

Angle vs. Cena is up next. Wow, this was weird. Daivari, Chad Patton and Mickey Henson were all KO'd, Daivari by Cena and Pattona and Henson by Angle. Charles Robinson of Smackdown ran in as ref and gave Angle an FU and got the pin.  As you can tell, a ton of shortcuts but Angle wrestled well. Crowd was electric because no matter what Angle did to be a heel, the crowd got more and more behind him as the match went on. Cena really showed it in his face when he did the five knuckle shuffle and he was booed out of the place.

I really hope Meltz just forgot to put "Cena" there because.....WTF?!

There was no "kicking out." It was a Last Man Standing match. You had to get to your feet by a ten count or it was over. Flair just kept trying to get up until the sledgehammer shot.

Goldberg, Nash, Warrior & Batista all come to mind as other people to kick out/no sell the Pedigree as well. I'm sure The Rock, Austin and probably Undertaker have as well.

Eric vs. Teddy is up. The Boogey Man gave Bischoff a pump handle slam behind the refs back and Teddy got the pin. This died. Crowd booed the whole match, run-in, everything. You knew it was bad when Teddy came out and climbed the ropes and got booed. Boring chants from the start. Only thing good I can say is this wasn't as bad as the Richards-Tomko match.

Raw vs. Smackdown elimination match is up next. Kane choke slamemd Lashley and Michaels pinned him. Yes, you read that correctly. Batista pinned Kane after a spinebuster after cleaning house. Kane didn't leave and he and Show double choke slammed Batista for the pin. Show was next out after a JBL clothesline, a 619, an RKO, another JBL clothesline and a springboard Thesz press, so Rey pinned Show to set up Tuesday. JBL pinned Carlito after a clothesline. Mysterio pinned Masters after a springboard legdrop. Masters was way out of position.

Michaels is selling like he's knocked out and he's left with JBL, Mysterio & Orton. Michaels just pinned Mysterio and then JBL in succession with superkicks so it's Orton vs. Michaels. JBL interfered with a chair but Michaels superkicked the chair into JBL's face. He turned around into the RKO and Orton pinned him clean to win the match for Smackdown.

Time for the Undertaker. Druids brought out a casket. Lightning struck the casket and Undertaker came out. Orton and Cowboy Bob ran off while Undertaker beat up Brian Kendrick, The Dicks, Regal, Birchall and a bunch of others, leaving Undertaker eyeing Randy Orton as the show ended. Not sure if this was the right week to use a casket, but this company has never been the best about letting real world events stop what would be tasteless timing of angles.

Thanks for joining us.

I find it ironic that Booker would be offended at someone using the word "nigga" in a promo.

Vince should have been all "JOHN CENA, WE COMIN' FOR YOU NIGGA~!~!"

I also found it ironic (especially after watching Vince's "we give the fans what they want" speech in the Warrior DVD) that they think they can just ignore the fans turning on Cena. I mean think about it, they turned on Cena so bad that now the heel can enlist the manager of a guy who got fired for re-enacting terrorist acts and still get cheered.

The fans hate Cena more than terrorism.

Vince sees big money and mainstream exposure with Cena.  He's just not ready to give up on him yet.  It will take much more for him to bite the bullet and bury who he thinks is the next top babyface in the business.

Oh I know that, but he's always rattling on with this "the fans come first" bullshit when he makes it painstakingly obvious his pet projects come before what the fans may or may not want to see.

In the back of his mind, I think Vince believes that it's a vocal minority that is jeering Cena and that the majority of fans still like him and would pay to see him. At least that is how he's rationalizing it. So Vince, in his own little world, believes he's giving the fans what they want. It's going to take an awful lot for him to give up on Cena

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Vince sees big money and mainstream exposure with Cena.  He's just not ready to give up on him yet.  It will take much more for him to bite the bullet and bury who he thinks is the next top babyface in the business.

Well, Vince doesn't need to bury him. Turn him heel w/ the belt, and they instantly have a top heel. The fans would totally buy into it. Give him his edge back, and you'd probably win the fans back for an eventual turn back face. However, doing that brings up a bunch of problems:

1) HHH likely won't want to be #2 heel behind him

2) HHH might lobby to turn face to take the belt from him (ugh!)

3) there aren't any young & upcoming faces ready to get the rub by finally being the guy to defeat him. Shelton's been buried, RVD could be a possibility if they had any intention of pushing him on top (not likely), and HBK or Angle shouldn't be the guy to do it, nor should Show or Kane.

It's probably not helping that SmackDown had more of the younger. hip vibe and Cena's gimmick seems painfully out of place on RAW. I personally thought that taking Cena out of the environment that was more suited to him took a lot of wind out of his sails.

Guest Alfdogg

I saw the Survivor match because I went into BW3's to get some boneless wings and it was on. The crowd at the place was firmly pro-SD, even popping huge for the Clothesline from Hell. They also busted out in laughter when Shawn was shown unconscious on the floor.

I thought it was bullshit that Lashley got put out first, and really showed how serious they are about elevating new guys. Of course, he *is* black, so I don't know why I was expecting the E to push him in the first place.

Mysterio was put over huge before falling victim to the Shawn Michaels Show. Before I go off on another bitter rant about Shawn, I just want to say that that was the FAKEST looking lightning bolt I've ever seen, it actually looked computer animated.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I find it ironic that Booker would be offended at someone using the word "nigga" in a promo.

I'm struggling to see the irony.

Booker's black and Vince isn't. As much as whites seem to think it's "just a word", I personally still find it offensive when white people use it. I don't when black people do. Just the way it is. My black friends can say "nigga" all day (and do) but I better not hear it come out of the mouth of my white friends and they know better, so they don't.

So why wouldn't Booker be offended? Hell, I was looking at my monitor saying "Did Vince really go there on a PPV?" myself 'til I realized that, hey it's WWE...I've seen and heard MUCH worse from this company.

Ordinarily I'd say you're right but that probably wasn't the most offensive thing Vince did that day.

As far as the word goes, it is just a word. I subscribe to the George Carlin theory where its all about context. The word "nigga" itself doesn't offend me, the asshole saying it to be a racist does.

I'm struggling to see the irony.

Booker's black and Vince isn't. As much as white seem to think it's "just a word", I personally still find it offensive when white people use it. I don't when black people do. Just the way it is. My black friends can say "nigga" all day (and do) but I better not hear it come out of the mouth of my white friends and they know better, so they don't.

So why wouldn't Booker be offended? Hell, I was looking at monitor saying "Did Vince really go there on a PPV?" myself 'til I realized that, hey it's WWE...I've seen and heard MUCH worse from this company.

CJ, I think Sek was referring to when Booker T said, in direction to Hollywood Hogan in WCW in 1997, "We're coming for you, nigga!" or something along those lines. Sek, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in your analysis.

Also, agreed with Loss and Alfdogg on Shawn Michaels. Has Mr. Kennedy suffered a pinfall loss yet? Maybe that's another thing Shawn will get to have in the future...

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I'm well aware of Booker calling Hogan "nigga" in that '97 WCW promo. But I didn't see where it was relevant since it wasn't Hogan calling Booker "nigga." Booker saying it? Fine, even if it's directed at white people i.e. Hogan. White people saying it? Not a good idea. Especially Vince McMahon.