Pro Wrestling Only

Survivor Series results

goodhelmet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Shawn for being petty enough to seek a job return from a TRIBUTE SHOW. I hate this company. And what's with Michaels pinning Lashley? If this was 1990, they'd have him get DQd or something to protect him.

That sound you hear is Lashley getting completely cut off at the knees. Lashley had no business being on the Survivor Series team because he was going to have to sell and ended up getting pinned.

Guest Bad Brain

Wrestling has always been insensitive. I don't see why people here are appalled. After all SSeries featured a casket coming out to ringside when a certain someone just died.

So it's OK to say or do something stupid, as long as there's other stupid stuff?

And re: Cena, I think he just has problems when working with certain people who fans don't want to seem to hate. It happened with Eddy, Jericho and now Angle. People like Angle. They'll chant 'you suck' because it's the done thing, but they love him really.

Wrestling's always had a high threshold of offensiveness. Diehard fans have put up with so much foolishness it takes a lot to offend one. "Going there" racially is one of those things that still crosses the line becaus it's the one thing that even Vince has steered clear of over the years.

As far as Lashley goes, I don't know if we can consider him buried yet, SS was pretty much fucked due to the card getting shuffled after Eddie. To me, they messed up with him by shooting the wad too early. In OVW he was just kinda in the background until he got tired of everyone's shit and when he finally snapped it was like a crowd-wide orgasm. In WWE he's an unstoppable monster right from the jump (until yesterday). There's really nowhere for his character to go except as Goldberg V2.0.

For anyone who saw the Vince segment last night, did you see The Longest Yard? Austin says that word in a very non-funny, non-ironic way at Nelly. I know wrestling is different because it's performed in front of a live audience and all, but the movie industry isn't free from it either.

Out of curiousity, were you offended when Rock was doing that bit where he was basically calling people gay with that "italian word and side to side hand motion" deal?

No, not at all. He was actually saying "comme si comme sa" (spelling may be wrong), which in French means "sort of" or "so-so".

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Representing straight white males, no one else can use the word "neat" "rad" or any variation of the aforementioned words. And no "aforementioned" either. That's OUR word.

Out of curiousity, were you offended when Rock was doing that bit where he was basically calling people gay with that "italian word and side to side hand motion" deal?

No, not at all. He was actually saying "comme si comme sa" (spelling may be wrong), which in French means "sort of" or "so-so".
I find it a bit irritating that WWE creative almost always have to find a way to squeeze in a gay joke into Cena's promos and segments. It's not hip or cool to be homophobic, but I doubt Vince and Stephanie understands that.

Well according to TSM, it's OK that Lashley was out first because he's "just a no-talent hoss."

TSM hell, I'm pretty sure that *I* said that and I stick to it. What's so special about Lashley? Yeah, it's not right that they're pushing him as a monster and then he's the first one to go but to be honest what makes him better than Matt Morgan whom got cut?

Lashley is just another no-talent hoss to me. I'd have preferred him not to be in the match at all.

I also never said it was "OK" I said I didn't care, which there is a difference. I also said he's "just another no talent hoss" not "just a" which, again, is a difference. I stand by my statement. Lashley would be better off squashing jobbers on TV than being in the main event of one of the "Big Four" PPVs.

Maybe a topic on Lashley should be made? You can point out to me what he brings to the table other than being green and big. Try not to use the words "potential" or "develop."

Guest Alfdogg

There were a lot of people saying this stuff about Lashley over at TSM, I just used Coffey's statement because it was the most general. There's nothing that makes him better than Morgan, I'll give you that. I didn't agree with Morgan getting released, either.

But this is very similar to the Carlito situation, where people unfairly shit on a young guy because he's not putting on **** matches on a weekly basis right out of the gate. I was around about 3 1/2 years ago when the attitude was very similar towards Brock Lesnar, and look how he turned out. Now, anyone who at all likes wrestling would mark out like nuts if Brock ever came back (or at least I would...come back Brock :()

I just think someone like Kennedy, whom is also young & new, would've been better in the spot in this situation.

In regards to the Undertaker comment, he had been around for awhile. He'd already had the run as Mean Mark and was a Skyscrapper. WWF just gave him a new gimmick and a mouthpiece (Brother Love & DiBiase).

I'm one of the people that shit on wrestlers if they can't wrestle. That's why I don't like Carlito. It's why Lashley has yet to impress me. It's why I like Kennedy more than both.

Brock had Heyman to help get him over. Lashley is left to drown thus far.

So, 50+ year old guys and HBK are the only people good enough to kick out of the Pedigree? Got it.

It's called protecting a finishing move. If people kicked out of it all the time, you'd just complain at that as well.

Nice to see Shawn get that elusive job back from Mysterio

Because that's obviously why Shawn got the pin. He was the last one left for crying out loud, who else was going to get the pin? If somebody else had pinned him earlier, you'd just moan on about how he was eliminated too early, and is being 'buried'. Of course, it's Shawn Michaels, so it has to be 'petty'. Were you saying that when Guerrero finally beat Mysterio? Of course not.

My black friends can say "nigga" all day (and do) but I better not hear it come out of the mouth of my white friends and they know better, so they don't.

And what would you say, if your white friend said you can't call him Dave or whatever his name is any more? If he said only his white friends could call him that? You'd call him racist, that's what. Smells like hypocrisy to me.

Guest Alfdogg

It's called protecting a finishing move. If people kicked out of it all the time, you'd just complain at that as well.

He's not complaining about the protection of the move, he's complaining about the people that are allowed to come back from it...these are some of the little things that expose the business, when a simple nut shot and pedigree are enough to put out 500-pound Viscera in under a minute, yet it takes three of them and a sledgehammer shot to put out 56-year old Ric Flair.

He was the last one left for crying out loud, who else was going to get the pin?

How about...oh, no one? Rey is hot right now, no one on that team should be going over him in any manner. If they had to keep him from winning in the match, they could have booked a countout or something instead of having to repair Shawn's ego after that damaging loss on a tribue show.

Were you saying that when Guerrero finally beat Mysterio? Of course not.

Probably because Guerrero had jobbed to him on four consecutive PPVs, as opposed to a totally worthless job on a tribute show on free TV. Everyone knew that Shawn would get that job back, whether it was here or at WM in an interpromotional match.