The Lapsed Fan Starrcade

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, probably more people than any PWO show save Zellner's or maybe WTBBP

has any other wrestling podcast covered every Starrcade? Chad and Parv might get there in a decade. The lapsed guys are quite simply the best value,funniest wrestling podcast going. They might be marks for their show but who the fuck cares its tongue in cheek and the guys should be proud of what theyre achieving

Yeah, but Parv and Chad have covered EVERY WCW SHOW along the way, not just the Starrcade's. What makes just covering every Starrcade so impressive?

just the extended breakdown they give each and every Cade, plus getting Meltzer in to add his memories is gold

Im not throwing shade at Chad and Parv but they do move in a glacial way so that as a heavy Podcast listener I lose momentum and flow in regard to their journey

I'm happy with the following WTBBP has and have never had ambitions for it to grow beyond what it is. I feel like we cater to a different audience from Lapsed Fan really. Listeners are self-selecting.

I think they are more direct competitors of the main Place to Be show (Scott and Justin) rather than of Chad and me. From what I hear, they even have a Vince impression to rival Justin's. Not intended as a knock, it's just a different type of show from a different (and bigger) corner of the fandom.

:blink: I gotta give the impression nod to Justin.

I have tried to listen to a couple of the Lapsed Fan shows and I just find it extremely hard to concentrate on it for too long before I am starting to mentally wander off somewhere else. Maybe it's the length or the jumping around of content that I have heard, but it is extremely difficult to try to listen and then stop OR listen in one sitting.

I haven't set limitations, I've just said I'm completely unbothered about how many there are.

If saying Lapsed Fan are in competition with Place to Be is "throwing shade" at them, I don't really know what to say. Despite your efforts at shit-stirring here, Bagwell, I've had good relations with Scott and Justin for years now: they came on the show back when we did Starrcade 88, and I like to see that joint show as the spiritual birth of Place to Be Nation. Although in reality, it happened much more because of a ton of vision and work by Justin, Chad and Brad who never really get their due -- even now -- for the hours they put into the site.

And it is clear that there are different audiences without casting any aspersions at all. I have detailed analytics that show me that even the audiences for the PWO-PTBN shows aren't all the same. Some people listen to every show, some people listen to only one or two shows. The audience Titans pulls isn't the same audience that AJ Excite pulls. The audience Zellner has is made up of people not only from here but also from further afield -- he posts the show in more places, he has a following in other places, as does Bix. Will often brings a different set of ears to the feed too. I can see that WTBBP is often a gateway show when people first discover the feed. It's 2016 and data analytics are pretty damn detailed. I am interested in them cos I'm nerdy like that, but I maintain -- and anyone who has ever done a show with me will tell you this -- that I don't care if it's 10 listeners or 1,000. Don't your Lapsed Fan dudes -- the ones who spent 30 minutes of one of their Starrcade reviews reading out this post in a silly voice and shitting all over it (top top podcasting there chaps!) -- also say that?

Anyway, your attempts to sow seeds of discord in The Nation have failed Bagwell.

anyone who says theyre just as happy having less people listen to their podcast isnt telling the truth. Why broadcast the interaction at all then? just have a conversation with Chad and leave it there, isnt that where that thinking takes us. And to say you dont really give a fuck if Im listening or not is Parv going full heel

once you take a conversation put it into podcast form and make it available for download you are wanting a larger audience/new ears.

anyone who says theyre just as happy having less people listen to their podcast isnt telling the truth. Why broadcast the interaction at all then? just have a conversation with Chad and leave it there, isnt that where that thinking takes us. And to say you dont really give a fuck if Im listening or not is Parv going full heel

once you take a conversation put it into podcast form and make it available for download you are wanting a larger audience/new ears.

That's not what he was saying at all.

What he was saying is that he is making the show for a specific audience. If it doesn't grow outside that target audience, he is cool with that.